• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
Grabbed a Rift S and picked up.

The Thrill of the Fight
Pavlov
Lone Echo
There is a thief in my house
Defector
Seeking Dawn

Now all I need is a day off so I can use the thing. I want Robo Recall but 29.99 seems steep.

look up viveport infinity, it works with the rift and serves a netflix like subscription with access to lots of games, they might still be doing their 2 month free trial but im not 100% sure.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Actual footage of my dad trying out the VR cinema app:

giphy.gif

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Holoception is coming out at the end of July! If it's not totally clear from the trailer, this is a third person game (think Moss or Trover) except the character mimics your movement like a puppet. It has Index controller support too.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Receiving my first PC VR headset (the Index!) today. Anything I NEED from that sale? Think I've played Skyrim to death.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Yea great deals. I think some are lowest price ever. I picked up a few games including Skyrim VR.
I'm definitely picking up Skyrim, debating on if I should get To The Top or just go for Climbey which is also $10 regular price.
Receiving my first PC VR headset (the Index!) today. Anything I NEED from that sale? Think I've played Skyrim to death.
Budget Cuts is a pretty fun game, stealth gameplay with some minor puzzle solving elements.
I might be in the minority but I really enjoyed Lethal VR as a "police trainer" type game. Pretty cheap.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely picking up Skyrim, debating on if I should get To The Top or just go for Climbey which is also $10 regular price.

Budget Cuts is a pretty fun game, stealth gameplay with some minor puzzle solving elements.
I might be in the minority but I really enjoyed Lethal VR as a "police trainer" type game. Pretty cheap.

I remember people freaking the fuck out over Budget Cuts prerelease and then it came and went with little fanfare. Didn't even know that they were making a sequel!

Is Tilt Brush still "the" room scale creative thingy to get?

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I remember people freaking the fuck out over Budget Cuts prerelease and then it came and went with little fanfare. Didn't even know that they were making a sequel!

Is Tilt Brush still "the" room scale creative thingy to get?
I think so, but as someone who isn't very artistic, I haven't spent a ton of time with it.
Oh yeah, the Wizards is another fun experience as well! Also on sale.
Not on this particular sale, but Superhot VR is essential, in my opinion. And if you like rhythm games, Beat Saber plus mods is amazing. Probably where I spend most of my VR time.

Mar 29, 2018
The lack of comfort with the Vive headstrap is really driving me mad, if the low quality original controllers weren't bad enough

How is the delux audio strap? Any better for comfort?

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
I apologize if it's been posted already, but the greenmangaming sale is cool for VR:

Green Man Gaming | Buy Games, Game Keys & Digital Games Today

Buy games & game keys with Green Man Gaming - get the best prices, awesome bundles & exclusive game deals daily! Visit to explore Green Man Gaming now!

It's a little confusing, but if you buy a gold or silver game you get some free games from Intel, one of which is Star Trek Bridge Crew and another is Raw Data. So I bought Creed for $17.99 and then got a handful of other games free, but really Star Trek and Raw Data were what I wanted.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I apologize if it's been posted already, but the greenmangaming sale is cool for VR:

Green Man Gaming | Buy Games, Game Keys & Digital Games Today

Buy games & game keys with Green Man Gaming - get the best prices, awesome bundles & exclusive game deals daily! Visit to explore Green Man Gaming now!

It's a little confusing, but if you buy a gold or silver game you get some free games from Intel, one of which is Star Trek Bridge Crew and another is Raw Data. So I bought Creed for $17.99 and then got a handful of other games free, but really Star Trek and Raw Data were what I wanted.

Bridge Crew is AMAZING. I regularly play it with friends and it has full cross-play so it's easy to do. I play on my Oculus but we have one guy on a Ubisoft Store version (with no VR), one guy playing on Steam with a Vive and one guy on PS4 using PSVR. It's flawless and wonderful.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bridge Crew is AMAZING. I regularly play it with friends and it has full cross-play so it's easy to do. I play on my Oculus but we have one guy on a Ubisoft Store version (with no VR), one guy playing on Steam with a Vive and one guy on PS4 using PSVR. It's flawless and wonderful.
Wish I could get my buddies to play Bridge Crew. They just aren't in Star trek.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Budget cuts is ace - i Find it super tense when the robots turn and spot you, and the world is really 'solid' - you want to lean on everything

And I also like lethal VR - simple but fun and a nice game for newcomers to try out

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Is it is possible to buy the knuckles controllers separately to the Index?

Looking to pimp my OG Vive. And I detest the wands.
you can but you might want to wait until the second generation (or at least a likely revision on the first generation) knuckles as they have some poor design right now regarding the sticks and clicking them in.

Mar 29, 2018
you can but you might want to wait until the second generation (or at least a likely revision on the first generation) knuckles as they have some poor design right now regarding the sticks and clicking them in.
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. Hopefully they'll make stealth updates in coming months

I mean I can't afford the exorbitant price right now anyway

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I've been looking into options for Gun Stocks for VR. I wanted to 3D print one for index, but, the options just don't look great. I figured I could easily print something similiar to the Protube VR, but it looks like any design files I could find are 404'd. I'd imagine from cease and desists.

Edit: Oh I see there's still a Kloonitube stock 3D print, anyone had any experience with something like that?

I looked into Protube VR, but they are quite pricey. I found this company which seems like a high quality knockoff basically. But I'm kind of at an impasse. Should I just buy the Protube VR? Or does someone know of somewhere I can print a comparable 3D kit. Because I'd like to test if something like this even works for me, before dropping $100+ on what is like $10 in materials.

Last edited:

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I've seen this posted here yet, but I just found out about this game Into the Radius. Apparently STALKER inspired.

They're also giving away free beta keys on their Discord right now (link on the Youtube page).

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Currently I have:
CPU: i7 6850k Hex core Oc to 4.2Ghz
GPU: 1080 Oc to +10% stock
Headset: Vive Pro

Would I see any benefit from upgrading the GPU to a 2080 super??

I often find If I ramp settings too high I get grey screens and disconnects/crashes.... would a new GPU allow me to ramp things higher or am I CPU bound??

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
Just got gifted a Rift S today. So far I have BeatSaber, Superhot VR and Moss.

Played BeatSaber for 30mins and that was quite fun, I can see myself playing that one for a while.

Just tried Superhot VR for a few minutes and I ran into some issues. It's really awkward that it keeps wanting me to reach for things outside my guardian setup and I don't know if I'm missing something but, it feels really weird that it won't let me punch with my left fist.

Also, whenever I try and throw an object, the throw is really weak and doesn't do anything. I don't know if these are some known bugs with Superhot, or I'm just doing something wrong.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
Superhot's throwing is pretty awkward in general, especially with inside-out tracking headsets. I was never able to beat it using my Odyssey+ because the throwing was so bad. I wish it came with a chapter select so I could avoid particularly bad levels. That thing with your left fist sounds like a bug to me though. I also never had any guardian problems, they don't really expect you to move much.

BeatSaber is literally the best game in all existence! But mods make it 10x better. If you haven't already, check out https://bsmg.wiki/beginners-guide. There are some really great custom tracks made by the community.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Currently I have:
CPU: i7 6850k Hex core Oc to 4.2Ghz
GPU: 1080 Oc to +10% stock
Headset: Vive Pro

Would I see any benefit from upgrading the GPU to a 2080 super??

I often find If I ramp settings too high I get grey screens and disconnects/crashes.... would a new GPU allow me to ramp things higher or am I CPU bound??
You'd probably see a decent bump going with a 2080 Super. I went from a 980ti to a 2070 and saw a pretty big boost. My CPU is about the same as yours.

Hero of Time

Oct 25, 2017
Superhot's throwing is pretty awkward in general, especially with inside-out tracking headsets. I was never able to beat it using my Odyssey+ because the throwing was so bad. I wish it came with a chapter select so I could avoid particularly bad levels. That thing with your left fist sounds like a bug to me though. I also never had any guardian problems, they don't really expect you to move much.

BeatSaber is literally the best game in all existence! But mods make it 10x better. If you haven't already, check out https://bsmg.wiki/beginners-guide. There are some really great custom tracks made by the community.
Left fist is working now, throwing definitely still feels bad though.

Thanks for that BeatSaber mod link, gonna go ahead and install that now!

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
What's the best "arena fighter" game right now? I've been considering Blade and Sorcery or Gorn or maybe waiting for Hellsplit.

I'm not sure which one I want. I'm leaning toward Blade and Sorcery. I think I'll probably only buy one.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's the best "arena fighter" game right now? I've been considering Blade and Sorcery or Gorn or maybe waiting for Hellsplit.

I'm not sure which one I want. I'm leaning toward Blade and Sorcery. I think I'll probably only buy one.

I love Gorn and absolutely did not enjoy Blade and Sorcery to the point where I asked for a refund from Steam, the only time I've ever done that. I think eventually it might get there, but I personally vastly prefer Gorn.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Blade by far. It has the greatest sense of physicality of any melee fighter.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Skyrim. For fucks sake this is like the 6th time I've bought this damn game... I already have it for PSVR, but I could never get into it due to the horrible controls and lack of room-scale. After playing around in Fallout 4 VR on PC for a few sessions, Skyrim became a no-brainer. Here we go again!

Tempted to pick up Tetris Effect as well.