• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play Soulkeeper VR recently? Curious about the state of the game since it's on sale for the Steam sale.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
Glad to see this. Still have yet to check out the second episode of The Gallery, but it looks pretty cool.

jahepi

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
I am also thinking about getting Organ Quarter, it has a lot of positive reviews on Steam, i was playing Paranormal Activity: the lost soul, but it does not support teleport locomotion, so it was impossible to play without getting motion sickness.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New dev gameplay of Township Tale. This one is just showing the devs messing about with mini games using the physics and gestures of the game.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am also thinking about getting Organ Quarter, it has a lot of positive reviews on Steam, i was playing Paranormal Activity: the lost soul, but it does not support teleport locomotion, so it was impossible to play without getting motion sickness.
Yup, while Organ Quarter wasn't designed with teleport locomotion in mind, we absolutely had to include it for that very reason. Nobody seems to have had a problem with it yet!

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Theseus VR is out today. Its rather anticipated by PSVR owners prior its launch so I guess its a great title.

seabass

Oct 25, 2017
How is Scanner Sombre? I imagine it'd be pretty dull playing on a monitor but might be interesting in VR and it's currently on sale.

Gimpy

Oct 26, 2017
Would anybody properly recommend Arizona Sunshine? It's held it's price pretty well, but I am always weary of these types of games and how they actually play in reality. I thought Robo Recall was this absolutely incredible experience that was basically my 'THIS is what I thought VR gaming was going to be' moment (kinda funny that the best experience I've had with my Vive was an Oculus funded game), but stuff like Raw Data, etc just felt a bit of a novelty to me, and I thought the gunplay felt kind of mindless and not particularly satisfying. Does it deliver on it's image as an actual fully fleshed out experience in VR?

Really want to get back into my Vive, it can be so amazing, but I often feel like the times I most enjoy it are when it's not even me playing and I get to show it to friends. I find Audioshield pretty boring alone, but I played it with friends the other week and it was the most fun I've had playing games in ages

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would anybody properly recommend Arizona Sunshine? It's held it's price pretty well, but I am always weary of these types of games and how they actually play in reality. I thought Robo Recall was this absolutely incredible experience that was basically my 'THIS is what I thought VR gaming was going to be' moment (kinda funny that the best experience I've had with my Vive was an Oculus funded game), but stuff like Raw Data, etc just felt a bit of a novelty to me, and I thought the gunplay felt kind of mindless and not particularly satisfying. Does it deliver on it's image as an actual fully fleshed out experience in VR?

Really want to get back into my Vive, it can be so amazing, but I often feel like the times I most enjoy it are when it's not even me playing and I get to show it to friends. I find Audioshield pretty boring alone, but I played it with friends the other week and it was the most fun I've had playing games in ages
I really, really enjoyed Arizona Sunshine. I played it alone: the singleplayer was good fun but the Horde mode and the Mansion mode are really great and worth booting up for again and again.

Co-op it seems very good but a little janky.

vermadas

Oct 25, 2017
I would recommend it. It is one of the few VR shooters that doesn't feel like a wave shooter. I appreciate those games for what they are, but personally, they exhaust me quickly to the point where I can only handle them in small doses. AS does have horde sections but they aren't too frequent. The game has excellent pacing and delivers a pretty satisfying SP campaign.

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
Does anyone here play Sairento? I have a rift and I am thinking about picking it up. I grabbed the serious sam vr collection last night which was an amazing deal.

I am also tempted to pick up job simulator because of the new endless mode update.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017

I really enjoyed Arizona Sunshine. Love the emphasis on accuracy in firearms. Very satisfying, more so than Raw Data. Fully fleshed out but fairly short. Only genuine survival horror in VR in my eyes. I think the game gives you a real feel for how you might fare in a zombie apocalypse.

I really appreciated the storytelling as the game progressed, starts grating then makes sense. Nice visuals and level design. Came back for the horde-like mode many times.

I think it's a must have, and one of the best VR games.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Theseus VR is out today. Its rather anticipated by PSVR owners prior its launch so I guess its a great title.
Its an incredibly short game from what PSVRera told me when i asked them about it. Its around the 2-3 hour mark and it seems it didn't live up to the pre realease hype.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone here play Sairento? I have a rift and I am thinking about picking it up. I grabbed the serious sam vr collection last night which was an amazing deal.

I am also tempted to pick up job simulator because of the new endless mode update.
Both games are highly recommended. Sairento' ninja gameplay is awesome

jahepi

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico

I finished Arizona Sunshine a while back and it was one of the best experiences i have had so far in VR, but in my case i love zombie games a lot, the only gripe is that the zombies were a little bit slow (G. Romero type), i would have liked that they were faster, but apart from that it is a fantastic game, give it a shot.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff Minter made it seem like Polybius would be coming to PCVR around this time frame (in the Trent Reznor interview). It'll be six months (since initial release) on November 9th. So here's hoping we're only two weeks away. I think it and Sprint Vector are my most anticipated right now.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New Rec Room update, this is from their reddit:

Here's what's new:

• New Cheer System - the best thing about Rec Room is you! We love our players, and we especially love when our players look after each other. Now there's a way to show your appreciation for players who make your day in Rec Room. Give them a "thumbs up" gesture and hold it while the timer completes. Then, tell them what made you happy by tapping a button on your watch - you can give cheers for being helpful, for being a good sport, for being a great host, or for being impressively creative. Or you can just give a general cheers for no specific reason!
jKjqRzM.gif

• Here's how to do the thumbs up gesture: First, make a fist by pulling the trigger and pointing your thumb towards the sky - hold that pose for a second and you'll do a "thumbs up".

• Cheers can be anonymous if you prefer.

• If you choose to accept a cheers (you'll be notified on your watch), there'll be confetti!
Also, it's...

• Rec Room Laser Tag Weekend - you're all invited to a sneak preview of a new game mode we're working on. From 5PM (PST) this Friday night until just before midnight on Sunday night. It's early, but we really want your feedback on how we should develop this. We've been having a blast playing it at the Against Gravity headquarters, and we're really excited to share it with you!
D8I2kld.gif

But wait, there's more!

• Maker Pen got an update - there's now an explicit "EDIT" and "PLAY" mode. When you start creating, you're in EDIT mode. When you're done, press the PLAY button on the Maker Pen menu and your creation will get physics, gravity, etc. If you want to go back into EDIT mode, press the Edit button, touch the object you want to edit with the tip of the pen and pull the trigger.
Tvlfubr.gif

• Maker Pen - Clone now works on entire objects in PLAY mode.

• Maker Pen - You can now draw perfectly proportioned spheres and boxes by toggling "constrained" on.

• Maker Pen - ribbons are now aligned with the angle of the pen tip when you draw (makes them look nicer).

• Maker Pen - we did a lot of under-the-hood work to improve performance, fix the annoying bugs where you creations would disappear, improve collisions, and set ourselves up for continued improvements (like saving and re-loading creations... it's coming).
And more!

• PlayStation VR players are starting to show up in the general population. Please make them feel welcome! More humans in more headsets is exactly what Rec Room (and VR) need to grow big and strong!

• Dorm Room - we replaced the computer with a comfy chair and a seasonal replacement head. You're welcome.

• Seriously, we moved all the computer functions (e.g., registering your email, updating name, searching for friends, entering a #roomcode) into your watch, so you can use those features anywhere now.

• Thanks computer, you served us well!

• This Room button in watch - the "Scoreboard" button is now the "This Room" button. Scoreboard can still be found in there, as well as a new "Actions" tab which hosts the Hazard button (if you're playing Disc Golf) or the Switch Teams button (if you're playing paintball and the teams become unbalanced). The "This Room" button is preparation for adding persistence to Custom Rooms

• Updated intro tutorial now that the computer is gone.

• Fixed a nasty bug where hands were animating at a reduced framerate. Ugh.

• Fixed issue where non-hosts could grab duplicate items from the Sandbox Machine.

• Last but certainly not least, we're changing the way we handle underage players. Tldr - junior players (age 12 and under) are now permitted in Rec Room, but they can't hear or transmit mic audio, can't access certain functions, and you can set a matchmaking preference to try and avoid them if you prefer. We'll talk about this more in a post on our subreddit

We should arrange a laser tag tournament with psvr community, them vs us :P would be fun :D

Salamande

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't know how Rec Room does it. How are they making any money on this game? God bless 'em in any case.

Anyway, any thoughts on The Talos Principle? I've had the original in my backlog for a year, thinking about that and Duck Season to tide me over for the weekend.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
I haven't played Talos VR yet, but I know that the flat version of it is already a fantastic game, and I know that Croteam's VR versions are some of the best in the business, so what can go wrong?

OP
OP
Zalusithix

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's a land rush of sorts with the social platforms in VR. The potential for future monetization potential is massive, but right now there's no way they're even breaking even - let alone turning a profit. Their only objective right now is building up a userbase and mindshare.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a free game on SteamVR that I could try and see if my PSVR setup works? I can't seem to find any and I'd like to be able to play VR games with headtracking and a controller.

OP
OP
Zalusithix

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a free game on SteamVR that I could try and see if my PSVR setup works? I can't seem to find any and I'd like to be able to play VR games with headtracking and a controller.
Head tracking (all VR games) and tracked motion controllers, or just a bog standard controller?

For the former there's tons - Rec Room, Budget Cuts demo, Google Earth VR, The Lab, Waltz of the Wizard, and Accounting just to name a few. Granted many are designed with the expectation you have 360 tracking too, if not outright full roomscale, so some (Accounting for instance) might not be viable for you.

For the later interpretation of the request... Dunno. Only games I've played that use a standard controller are paid, and there's not many of them at that. This listing would probably be a good start for looking though.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer for VR Sniper:

They are looking for people to test the game out on their discord: https://discord.gg/uxz3xZf
Also, not quite games but thought it might be interesting for anyone interested in vr related tech/engines:

I've always enjoyed OTOY renders (especially on gear VR) and they seem to be one of the few that are pushing for 3D 360 media (images and animations) that are photo realistic and don't suffer from low resolutions.

Also some gifs for From Other Suns:
Also this boss was in the beta apparently, only 1% of players during that weekend encountered it:
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ov9k3KkxSMgiQRhGU/giphy.mp4

Playable race (the Nagrin):
https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohhwsA9HBk1FxDlYI/giphy.mp4

Steam halloween sale is live and they have a featured horror vr section too :D
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/halloween/

KmztvK0.jpg

Last edited:

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Laser Tag sounds awesome but the cynic inside me says people will find a wall to glitch into within like 2 minutes.

Still, can't wait to give it a shot.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Took a look at Found, an 8 minute interactive experience, not sure what it was trying to say (if it was trying to say anything at all, maybe mobile phones are evil or something?) but it's free so I'm not gonna complain, the slingshot part was the best thing about it.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Played some of the new Rotweiner mode in H3VR. Pretty fun. Also, I overheat way too easily in VR without some sort of fan blowing on me at all times. That + discomfort in glasses is lessening my enjoyment of VR by a non-negligible amount.

padlock

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is anyone here backing the Pimax 8k kickstarter? I'm currently on the fence. On one hand, the larger FOV and resolution sound really good, but I have doubts about their ability to fully deliver without any issues.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Bought MasterpieceVR and Airtone.

Dabbled around in both for quite a while today. I know Airtone has a good reputation all around and I have fun with the mechanics, presentation is really good but I can't say that I enjoy the music very much, I don't want to bash the music too much but even for trashy Jpop that's sort of garbage tier electro/pop noise. Don't think I will get used to that. The english voice over is terrible, luckily you can switch to Japanese and still have the text in english.

MasterpieceVR is really fun using the sculpting tools, it's obviously very limited compared to something like Blender and I don't have the comparison to Oculus Medium as I have never tried that but sculpting around in VR makes you feel more like a real sculpt-artist in the traditional sense, at least compared to moouse and k-board or tablet. I like this way more than Tilt Brush though the comparison is not really fair or a good one.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
So is anyone here backing the Pimax 8k kickstarter? I'm currently on the fence. On one hand, the larger FOV and resolution sound really good, but I have doubts about their ability to fully deliver without any issues.
There's a separate thread for discussing the PIMAX KS here. I'm currently on an early bird 5k tier.

smuguire

Oct 27, 2017
Wilson's heart is on sale (-73%) for one day, so for me thats £8. Is it worth getting at that price?

I liked it. It's not mindblowing by any means but it had some cool moments. I did get frustrated by having to point to a specific spot and move there as opposed to not being able to just move around freely, but the areas are indicated so it's not like you have to hunt for them or anything.

Eirulan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm also debating getting the "deal of the day" Wilson's Heart.
10 Euros is very tempting - is it very scary or manageable..? (i'd prefer the latter).

Oh - and it's my first post here on the new forums, glad to be here and see some familiar user names :)

OP
OP
Zalusithix

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Dabbled around in both for quite a while today. I know Airtone has a good reputation all around and I have fun with the mechanics, presentation is really good but I can't say that I enjoy the music very much, I don't want to bash the music too much but even for trashy Jpop that's sort of garbage tier electro/pop noise. Don't think I will get used to that. The english voice over is terrible, luckily you can switch to Japanese and still have the text in english.
Yeah, the flip side to having original content for music is that enjoyment of the game is going to be impacted by your impression of said music. Personally the well done sync between the actions and music makes up for the composition for me, but it's definitely a YMMV situation.

Lakuza

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also debating getting the "deal of the day" Wilson's Heart.
10 Euros is very tempting - is it very scary or manageable..? (i'd prefer the latter).

Oh - and it's my first post here on the new forums, glad to be here and see some familiar user names :)
From what I understand its not full on horror like paranormal or resident evil, but it does have moments that are tense or have scared players. This is based on what i've read and the small bits of gameplay I've seen.
The negatives for the game that I'm aware of:
  • It's node teleportation (so you can only move to pre-determined points in the environment
  • Due to node teleportation, puzzle solving is simple since objects/points of interest have to be around the 2-3 places you can move to at a time
  • its a short game, lasts about 5 hours on average from what i've read
For me the biggest negative was the length of the game, which at this price point isn't an issue, so I'm definately gonna buy it before the sale runs out.

Also its good to see you here. :D