• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda feel the itch to buy a new VR game but I'm not sure what...

I've tried most of the big games (and used a shameful amount of refunds in the last few weeks...).

I'm really curious about Lone Echo but I feel like the full price is a bit much right now for an older game...

Yea, I picked up lone echo in the last sale (it's fantastic 2 hours in). It's been on sale twice now in the last couple of months. I'm guessing it will also go on sale more as they start to market Lone Echo 2. Definitely worth waiting on that one.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I did a few Take and Hold runs in H3VR last night... I have the worst possible luck for the first rolls on weapons haha.

Got one of the worst grease SMG in the game (grease guns are already bad to begin with but that was a particularly bad model on top of it haha).

Then I got some kind of miniature revolver that was almost impossible to reload.

Then I got a scout bolt action sniper rifle...

I finally got a SPAS12 shotgun which was much better... Fun fact, that gun is super well known in popular culture (it was the shotgun in Half-Life and Muldoon's gun in Jurassic Park for example) but I had never realized until I held a "real" one in my hands but that thing is fucking huuuuuge!

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Duck Season is definitely worth it if you're old enough to have played DH and like horror games. It's very well presented and reasonably replayable. Also great for demoing VR for new players as there's no movement/locomotion issues.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
I did a few Take and Hold runs in H3VR last night... I have the worst possible luck for the first rolls on weapons haha.

Got one of the worst grease SMG in the game (grease guns are already bad to begin with but that was a particularly bad model on top of it haha).

Then I got some kind of miniature revolver that was almost impossible to reload.

I finally got a SPAS12 shotgun which was much better... Fun fact, that gun is super well known in popular culture (it was the shotgun in Half-Life and Muldoon's gun in Jurassic Park for example) but I had never realized until I held a "real" one in my hands but that thing is fucking huuuuuge!

Haha man I also played Take and Hold for like three hours last night!

My first roll was a dust pan and some terrible bolt action sniper with an 8x scope that was just useless. I think it's called the FF8 or something. I'd never seen it before. So I used three tokens on a small case because I knew I'd die even on the first Hold if I didn't roll a decent pistol or something. I open it and get the fucking 1911 (yes!) ... Dillinger model ... (no!!). It's the full auto 1911 with the Thompson SMG foregrip basically stapled onto it. It's impossible to single shot, kicks like a mule and only has seven round mags. I died on the second Hold.

Next round I roll a damn MP5SD6 (the integrated silencer model) from the start with 15 round mags. Then I get incendiary armor piercing ammo for it. That took me through four Holds but ultimately I got shit rolls including an M14 ( love this rifle in real life, but not in Cqc in this game) and the MP5s 9mm was just too light to cut it later on when face masks and body armor came out.

Then on my last game I rolled a sledgehammer and a Mauser broomhandle automatic pistol. This thing shoots a heavy 9mm and was surprisingly accurate at range and effective. The damn thing took me through two Holds and by then I'd saved up, got lucky with an AKM and a red dot sight and API ammo and made it to the fifth and final hold. I was one pip away on the last spinning node when I was ended by a shotgun blast to the back. Damn you Sosigs!

This is my most played VR game. I can't wait for more Take and Hold updates. I appreciate fucking around with the new flintlock pistol and the lockable slide on the new Hushpuppy is undeniably cool but I really want more of this mode.

Have you tried the legacy Take and Hold mode? Is it as fun?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Haha man I also played Take and Hold for like three hours last night!

My first roll was a dust pan and some terrible bolt action sniper with an 8x scope that was just useless. I think it's called the FF8 or something. I'd never seen it before. So I used three tokens on a small case because I knew I'd die even on the first Hold if I didn't roll a decent pistol or something. I open it and get the fucking 1911 (yes!) ... Dillinger model ... (no!!). It's the full auto 1911 with the Thompson SMG foregrip basically stapled onto it. It's impossible to single shot, kicks like a mule and only has seven round mags. I died on the second Hold.

Next round I roll a damn MP5SD6 (the integrated silencer model) from the start with 15 round mags. Then I get incendiary armor piercing ammo for it. That took me through four Holds but ultimately I got shit rolls including an M14 ( love this rifle in real life, but not in Cqc in this game) and the MP5s 9mm was just too light to cut it later on when face masks and body armor came out.

Then on my last game I rolled a sledgehammer and a Mauser broomhandle automatic pistol. This thing shoots a heavy 9mm and was surprisingly accurate at range and effective. The damn thing took me through two Holds and by then I'd saved up, got lucky with an AKM and a red dot sight and API ammo and made it to the fifth and final hold. I was one pip away on the last spinning node when I was ended by a shotgun blast to the back. Damn you Sosigs!

This is my most played VR game. I can't wait for more Take and Hold updates. I appreciate fucking around with the new flintlock pistol and the lockable slide on the new Hushpuppy is undeniably cool but I really want more of this mode.

Have you tried the legacy Take and Hold mode? Is it as fun?
Nice!

No, I have never tried the old mode. No idea what is different with it.

Btw if you feel like watching some good T&H action, I suggest you check out Jeditobiwan, he's super good at it and a really chill dude. I love to often put his stream archives (he streams on Twitch on week-end mornings) on a second monitor while playing other games. He also makes great "dumb reloads" videos on his channel.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm glad you've gotten into Take and Hold. It's really the best part of H3VR. I do think it's due for an overhaul though. The map is just not that interesting and it really detracts.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice!

No, I have never tried the old mode. No idea what is different with it.

Btw if you feel like watching some good T&H action, I suggest you check out Jeditobiwan, he's super good at it and a really chill dude. I love to often put his stream archives (he streams on Twitch on week-end mornings) on a second monitor while playing other games. He also makes great "dumb reloads" videos on his channel.

Yeah I saw him do a five hold run with all the hard settings on. I got jealous. He's super good at peaking targets and for some reason using cover effectively is tough for me. I'm still not sure how the hit detection works. Like ... do they account for a virtual body somehow or just the HMD? Can you be partially in cover or is it all or nothing? I feel like I get lit up even when I can barely see around the corner to line up a shot.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

I've tried it a few times and either I don't know what I'm doing (entirely possible) or I keep getting bad RNG with the guns. I get so little ammo that I end up having to use the knife 50-75% of the time and that's just not fun to me. My very first run I started with some weird ass looking rusty looking pistol made of pipes with literally one bullet. Not cool.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried it a few times and either I don't know what I'm doing (entirely possible) or I keep getting bad RNG with the guns. I get so little ammo that I end up having to use the knife 50-75% of the time and that's just not fun to me. My very first run I started with some weird ass looking rusty looking pistol made of pipes with literally one bullet. Not cool.
There's a system called "Spawnlock" which is really not explained clearly in the game (I found out via Youtube videos...).

If you have Spawnlock enabled (it's a T&H setting before you start a run). When you put ammo in your vest, point at it with one of your hand and click the stick on your controller. The ammo holder will turn blue and becomes "Spawnlocked". You can now pick up as many ammo/clips out of that pouch as you want, it will always clone a new one everytime you do it. You have infinite ammo.

The T&H "hard mode" is when you turn off Spawnlock and you suddenly have super limited ammo for the different guns!

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
There's a system called "Spawnlock" which is really not explained clearly in the game (I found out via Youtube videos...).

If you have Spawnlock enabled (it's a T&H setting before you start a run). When you put ammo in your vest, point at it with one of your hand and click the stick on your controller. The ammo holder will turn blue and becomes "Spawnlocked". You can now pick up as many ammo/clips out of that pouch as you want, it will always clone a new one everytime you do it. You have infinite ammo.

The T&H "hard mode" is when you turn off Spawnlock and you suddenly have super limited ammo for the different guns!
Oh shit. Going to have to try that next time. Thanks!

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I genuinely don't understand how to reload half the weapons in H3VR. I spent some time in the range and any lever action weapon was literally impossible.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Playing a bit more Stormland and it's starting to hit me that the game might actually be a bit too agile and fast for the presence to land?
I mean, they are executing this aspect really well with no headaches and really good controls so it's not about that. But rather it's that the agility here that is so far removed from our nature that it becomes rather abstract. It doesn't diminish the game but it does reduce the presence though maybe that was a necessity to have these type of controls in the first place.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
I just stumbled across DAVIGO (David and Goliath). This is the funnest take on asynchronous multiplayer VR I've seen.

Felix Lighter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a hell of a time with SteamVR right now. Really SteamInput but it's only manifesting itself in SteamVR at the moment. I have a HOTAS connected to my PC and it's detecting inputs from my throttle and it's making it so I cannot navigate the interface at all in SteamVR with my Index controllers. The throttle is constantly taking over and changing the prompts to Xinput button prompts. In Steam Controller settings I have none of the options selected. Nothing I seem to do beyond disconnecting the throttle helps. It's a nightmare to be honest. Anyone run into a similar issue? I cannot find a solution anywhere.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
The controls seem pretty awful for the Index. I'll probably need to see if I can customize them to make it more bearable. Seems decent so far otherwise, but I'm not very far into it, and have only done single player.

I'll look into some more reviews and stuff. It looks really cool. But do you have any good recommendations? I've gotten superhot, pistol whip and beat saber.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a hell of a time with SteamVR right now. Really SteamInput but it's only manifesting itself in SteamVR at the moment. I have a HOTAS connected to my PC and it's detecting inputs from my throttle and it's making it so I cannot navigate the interface at all in SteamVR with my Index controllers. The throttle is constantly taking over and changing the prompts to Xinput button prompts. In Steam Controller settings I have none of the options selected. Nothing I seem to do beyond disconnecting the throttle helps. It's a nightmare to be honest. Anyone run into a similar issue? I cannot find a solution anywhere.
This was definitely an old common issue they've had for at least a year or two now. I thought they fixed it though.

I'll look into some more reviews and stuff. It looks really cool. But do you have any good recommendations? I've gotten superhot, pistol whip and beat saber.
www.resetera.com

Just got a PCVR headset because of Half-Life: Alyx and want some game recommendations? I got you covered. (IMG HEAVY)

With the announcement of Half-Life: Alyx, a lot of people have recently taken the plunge in to VR for the first time and I've seen a lot of requests for game recommendations. I thought I'd compile a list specifically for PCVR to point to and give you some ideas. Everything here is playable with...

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So is there still no way to use a lengthy extension for the Rift S? Is DisplayPort still the limiting factor? In a perfect world I'd like to extend about 15-20 feet. Anyone have experience using repeaters or active cables?

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
How much of a pain is it to mod Beat Saber for custom songs? I haven't tried my hand at PC modding in years and years, like maybe early 2000s. I'm just not that interesting in the modding scene for the most part, so I'm essentially a noob coming into this process again.

Beat Saber is as awesome as I'd hoped, btw. Just getting a little tired of the fairly small selection of almost entirely EDM tracks included in the game.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
How much of a pain is it to mod Beat Saber for custom songs? I haven't tried my hand at PC modding in years and years, like maybe early 2000s. I'm just not that interesting in the modding scene for the most part, so I'm essentially a noob coming into this process again.

Beat Saber is as awesome as I'd hoped, btw. Just getting a little tired of the fairly small selection of almost entirely EDM tracks included in the game.
Super easy. Barely an inconvenience.

Use ModAssistant. BeatDrop kind of sucks.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely don't understand how to reload half the weapons in H3VR. I spent some time in the range and any lever action weapon was literally impossible.
Don't know if you have seen these but this helped me a lot with understanding how to use some of the guns. I was in the same boat...still partially am hah but better now.

H3VR has a pretty big learning curve. tbh I wish there was an easy mode where you can reload the guns fast and easy like in Pavlov

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
H3VR has a pretty big learning curve. tbh I wish there was an easy mode where you can reload the guns fast and easy like in Pavlov

The majority of guns in H3VR operate in similar ways. Like "AR-types," "AK-types," "bolt-action types," revolvers, semi-automatics etc. So once you say, learn the basics of an M4, an AK, a Mosin and a Python and a 1911, you are probably set to use about 90% of the guns without issue.

Lever-action and pump-action weapons aren't easily the weakest links because they really on physical feedback that just can't be replicated with controllers. They're still implemented as well as the tech will allow but aren't the greatest in actual combat.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I totally get what you're saying but the complexity of the guns IS H3VR... That would kind of completely defeat the purpose of the whole thing if they added a one button reload.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I totally get what you're saying but the complexity of the guns IS H3VR... That would kind of completely defeat the purpose of the whole thing if they added a one button reload.

Yeah counter-point - I wish every game had the complexity of H3. Haha it's ruined guns in other games for me completely. I was looking forward to Boneworks all summer, got heavily into H3 in the meantime and then when Boneworks finally came out I was so totally underwhelmed by the simplicity of the guns I haven't gone back since my first play session.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah counter-point - I wish every game had the complexity of H3. Haha it's ruined guns in other games for me completely. I was looking forward to Boneworks all summer, got heavily into H3 in the meantime and then when Boneworks finally came out I was so totally underwhelmed by the simplicity of the guns I haven't gone back since my first play session.
Haha yeah for sure!

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH

I think other shooters like Onward strike a good balance. H3 handles the mechanics well as a sort of sim shooter, but I would argue that it's far from perfect. Accuracy without proper feedback mechanics is not really accuracy. Accessibility is a primary concern until things feel more real, especially in a faster paced action game.

For example, loading a mag in H3 is more awkward than it is in real life because muscle memory only takes you so far with non-physical objects. If you can't feel the mag connect to the weapon, it requires extra focus to get it right.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think other shooters like Onward strike a good balance. H3 handles the mechanics well as a sort of sim shooter, but I would argue that it's far from perfect. Accuracy without proper feedback mechanics is not really accuracy. Accessibility is a primary concern until things feel more real, especially in a faster paced action game.

For example, loading a mag in H3 is more awkward than it is in real life because muscle memory only takes you so far with non-physical objects. If you can't feel the mag connect to the weapon, it requires extra focus to get it right.

That's a good point! It's also why I dislike lever-action and pump-action weapons. They rely on feedback that isn't present.

I'm not familiar with Onward. Might check it out.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017

New Moose Life video from Jeff Minter/Llamasoft. This is close to the final version, complete with music. I need to inject this directly into my eyeballs.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

New Moose Life video from Jeff Minter/Llamasoft. This is close to the final version, complete with music. I need to inject this directly into my eyeballs.

Looks great. Both games in the package, actually.

I've actually been playing MAV1 quite a bit lately and Grid Runner is sneakily awesome in VR. It really does belong up there with the Eugene Jarvis greats like Robotron and Defender (I know Minter loves and is inspired by Jarvis).

I just hope it's not broken on Quest with Link. Polybius has broken physics and is unplayable on Quest with Link (and the beta is even more broken so as to crash on launching). MAV1 has some of the same screaching sounds (but much rarer and no slo-down that kills Polybius). So it seems to be an engine issue at this point. All of this worked on the old Oculus SDK, but that was removed when SteamVR was implemented.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great. Both games in the package, actually.

I've actually been playing MAV1 quite a bit lately and Grid Runner is sneakily awesome in VR. It really does belong up there with the Eugene Jarvis greats like Robotron and Defender (I know Minter loves and is inspired by Jarvis).

I just hope it's not broken on Quest with Link. Polybius has broken physics and is unplayable on Quest with Link (and the beta is even more broken so as to crash on launching). MAV1 has some of the same screaching sounds (but much rarer and no slo-down that kills Polybius). So it seems to be an engine issue at this point. All of this worked on the old Oculus SDK, but that was removed when SteamVR was implemented.

From my understanding it's actually down to the one game, Moose Life, at this point. Moose Life kind of grew way beyond expectations so now it's a standalone. Honestly, I can't say I find this much of a surprise and have no issue with it.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
From my understanding it's actually down to the one game, Moose Life, at this point. Moose Life kind of grew way beyond expectations so now it's a standalone. Honestly, I can't say I find this much of a surprise and have no issue with it.

Interesting. I'm fine with it too. I'm just a little surprised since he spent so much time posting about the pre-Moose Life work he'd done. I wonder if Moose Life is standalone and he plans on adding something else to MAV 2.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the Kiwi Silent Pulley System, but I've given up for the evening. While I've managed to get it to take the chandelier in the room into account so that it doesn't touch it when it extends, I'm having an issue because of how low I had to make some of them to do so in terms of not getting 360 degrees of movement without the cable getting twisted at the last pulley. Figured I'd sleep on it.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
After having my original CV1 since near launch, I've finally had my first hardware issue. Right earphone doesn't have sound when I put the headset on, weirdly it does work when the headset isn't on and the right side strap isn't extended/pulled out. Seems to be a pretty widespread issue, but not a simple solution. Feels bad, bros.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
After having my original CV1 since near launch, I've finally had my first hardware issue. Right earphone doesn't have sound when I put the headset on, weirdly it does work when the headset isn't on and the right side strap isn't extended/pulled out. Seems to be a pretty widespread issue, but not a simple solution. Feels bad, bros.
Make sure it's screwed in securely. I had mine start to cut out and tightening it fixed it.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bought the Kiwi Silent Pulley System, but I've given up for the evening. While I've managed to get it to take the chandelier in the room into account so that it doesn't touch it when it extends, I'm having an issue because of how low I had to make some of them to do so in terms of not getting 360 degrees of movement without the cable getting twisted at the last pulley. Figured I'd sleep on it.
The Kiwi helps. But I'm just not sure there's any way to avoid twist without wireless
Just by the nature of have a fixed end point on either side and rotation. Having the overhead definitely helps though as you can take off the headset and let it hang to untwist naturally. We really just need wireless VR. The overhead system is still better than nothing/floor. But it's not a perfect solution

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Notice: Hatrabbit Entertainment was acquired by KING few months ago, and they are sunsetting their VR titles (Slightly Heroes and Merry Snowballs) from all available stores by the end of this month. In other words, they are taking these titles off the stores.

Right now Merry Snowballs is available for free, so you can download and keep it permanently to your account and continue accessing it beyond next month. From next month onwards, the title won't be available for download for non-owners anymore. Slightly Heroes isn't available for download anymore.

You can grab the title off Steam (for HTC Vive, Valve Index, as well as Oculus Rift), Viveport (HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro, Oculus Rift, Valve Index), as well as Oculus Go Store.

Oct 25, 2017
I made a post in another thread, but now I'd like to mention in this one: I've joined the PCVR revolution as my Valve Index came in yesterday. As a previous VR owner through PSVR, I knew that I would be in for a fidelity treat, but I also had serious misgivings about the "Room-scale" experiences. I kept thinking to myself, essentially, fuck that, I don't want to move around to play my games: Seated VR only for me, please.

After one day, I am utterly convinced on how wrong I was. Don't get me wrong, seated is fine, but full-scale room VR is a revolution in my mind. The idea of playing Half-Life: Alyx without room-scale is now not an option after I played Valve's The Lab and Aperture Hand Lab.

It's insane how good this all is. The setup was a bit over-long, and I've had more than a few instances of crankiness from Steam during setup and play sessions, but on a good rig the Index and PCVR in general is just... so fucking good. I was certain that Alyx would be a GOTY before I got my Index, now I'm nearly certain it'll be a GOTG.

Seriously, how the fuck is Valve so good at this game making thing? Even their demos are A+ tier

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Seriously, how the fuck is Valve so good at this game making thing? Even their demos are A+ tier

Their little prototypes in The Lab have been some of my absolute favorite VR experiences so far. I've tried a few bow and arrow games, but the one in The Lab has felt the best of those by far. And that little arcade bullet hell game? One of my favorite experiences period.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah I saw him do a five hold run with all the hard settings on. I got jealous. He's super good at peaking targets and for some reason using cover effectively is tough for me. I'm still not sure how the hit detection works. Like ... do they account for a virtual body somehow or just the HMD? Can you be partially in cover or is it all or nothing? I feel like I get lit up even when I can barely see around the corner to line up a shot.
Unless it's different between T&H and ROTR, the hitbox is only around your head. In ROTR the pricks shoot projectiles that are juuust too low to hit you and they just pass through your body. I don't think the game accounts for leaning with its body positioning anyway, the quick slots all move forward when you look down.

I gotta say I like ROTR much more than T&H, it lets you pick your battles while also making you care about your ammo reserves. Sessions last long enough for you to build a loadout and the variety of ranges tests that loadout too. Never, ever use a 22LR weapon though.

I'm glad you've gotten into Take and Hold. It's really the best part of H3VR. I do think it's due for an overhaul though. The map is just not that interesting and it really detracts.
Anton said last week that he's making another T&H map, this one will be more open with longer sight ranges.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I made a post in another thread, but now I'd like to mention in this one: I've joined the PCVR revolution as my Valve Index came in yesterday. As a previous VR owner through PSVR, I knew that I would be in for a fidelity treat, but I also had serious misgivings about the "Room-scale" experiences. I kept thinking to myself, essentially, fuck that, I don't want to move around to play my games: Seated VR only for me, please.

After one day, I am utterly convinced on how wrong I was. Don't get me wrong, seated is fine, but full-scale room VR is a revolution in my mind. The idea of playing Half-Life: Alyx without room-scale is now not an option after I played Valve's The Lab and Aperture Hand Lab.

It's insane how good this all is. The setup was a bit over-long, and I've had more than a few instances of crankiness from Steam during setup and play sessions, but on a good rig the Index and PCVR in general is just... so fucking good. I was certain that Alyx would be a GOTY before I got my Index, now I'm nearly certain it'll be a GOTG.

Alyx will absolutely be the most polished game we've seen for VR. Also, welcome to the club :)

Standing up and interacting with the world in 360 degrees (especially tetherless) really is where things get crazy wrt immersion. I mostly play seated these days but for something like Alyx I fully intend to play most of it standing. Anything with strong environmental interaction benefits from standing play. Boneworks in particular gave me some of the most satisfying moments of gameplay by doing the simplest actions like climbing through a window or pushing down an enemy just using my hands. I'm expecting Alyx to elevate this to crazy levels, I really hope it's the next evolution of their physics model building off the HL2 one.

In other news I finally got myself an SSD and am more than happy with the results, before it probably took a good three whole minutes to load the Museum level in Boneworks and now it takes about 12 seconds so that's pretty alright with me. Asgard now loads in about that time too and seems to run better in general.

I cannot wait for Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners to release next week, I hope the quality is consistent throughout the campaign. I'm drooling at the prospect of a 15 hour story driven VR game, particularly with that bloody as hell combat. The previews mention there's warring npc human factions in the game so it makes me wonder if they extended their gore model beyond just the zombies. We haven't really seen realistic gore in a VR game yet, I think the grisliest I've seen is Pavlov (and Gorn is way cartoonish obviously) but those models are pretty low detail and kinda ragdoll all over the place so it's kinda hard to get disturbed by it. I'm curious how more realistic violence against non zombie enemies will affect people in VR if at all. I remember people getting a bit queasy from some of the first person view kills from GTAV back when that first came out. I personally don't have an issue with it but still expect things to get a bit weird as games get more realistic and in VR titles specifically.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unless it's different between T&H and ROTR, the hitbox is only around your head. In ROTR the pricks shoot projectiles that are juuust too low to hit you and they just pass through your body. I don't think the game accounts for leaning with its body positioning anyway, the quick slots all move forward when you look down.

I gotta say I like ROTR much more than T&H, it lets you pick your battles while also making you care about your ammo reserves. Sessions last long enough for you to build a loadout and the variety of ranges tests that loadout too. Never, ever use a 22LR weapon though.

Anton said last week that he's making another T&H map, this one will be more open with longer sight ranges.

Ive actually been slowly getting into ROTRW. It's just so slow and the characters are just ... not for me. Ill keep at it.

Where did Anton announce a new Take and Hold map? The last dev update I see on Steam is from Christmas.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Ive actually been slowly getting into ROTRW. It's just so slow and the characters are just ... not for me. Ill keep at it.

Where did Anton announce a new Take and Hold map? The last dev update I see on Steam is from Christmas.

You just have to listen to the characters once to get their quests, most of the time is spent out in the wild. Make sure to do the bear trap quest ASAP, it gives you very useful guaranteed weapons so you're no longer stuck with the worthless 22LR weapons.