• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Thanksgiving sale starts tomorrow right? Really wanting to pick up some VR games now the Quest & link is up and running.

Particularly want to give Pavlov a go.
just don't overlook the greenmangaming black friday stuff as if you get something with the 5+ on it you can get
arizona sunshine
killing floor VR
Sprint Vector
Rock Band Vr
star trek bridge crew

as a free bonus as long as you sign up for the intel stuff.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered a 1 TB SSD that was on sale today from Amazon. Going to hold off playing Asgard's Wrath till it arrives.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I have most of two new computers coming in the mail just need to get the CPU now.
Asgard's wrath will likely be the game I break in the new system on :P

I played a bit of it already but I think the External HDD was causing problems beyond load times. Cause my computer is well above the minimum spec required and there were times it was going well and then others where it chugged.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I played a bit of it already but I think the External HDD was causing problems beyond load times. Cause my computer is well above the minimum spec required and there were times it was going well and then others where it chugged.
yeah it will be getting shoved on my shiny new samsung 970 m.2 drive :P

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have any thoughts on the sandbox combat games and which one might be the best to get? Games like:

Blade and Sorcery
Gorn
Hellsplit Arena
VR Dungeon Knight (is this one of these? it seems like maybe?)

I feel like I'm missing one that is very similar to B&S, but I can't find it.

I'm thinking I may buy one of these soon, especially if I get a Steam GC for Xmas. I'm leaning toward B&S for pure gameplay, but I dont know enough about these.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any thoughts on the sandbox combat games and which one might be the best to get? Games like:

Blade and Sorcery
Gorn
Hellsplit Arena
VR Dungeon Knight (is this one of these? it seems like maybe?)

I feel like I'm missing one that is very similar to B&S, but I can't find it.

I'm thinking I may buy one of these soon, especially if I get a Steam GC for Xmas.

I'll say this about Blade & Sorcery, it has a really fun physics based combat. But as far as I could tell all it is arenas. There is no levels or progression of any kind. So unless you want to just fight waves of the same enemies over and over, I would recommend holding off for now.

sur le web

Nov 8, 2017
hopping into VR for the first time later this week, and I'm thinking that's a pretty good excuse to finally get to Subnautica and Overload which both have VR support. any reason I should just play through them normally instead?

also planning on getting: Moss, Thumper, I Expect You To Die, and Beat Saber.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
hopping into VR for the first time later this week, and I'm thinking that's a pretty good excuse to finally get to Subnautica and Overload which both have VR support. any reason I should just play through them normally instead?

also planning on getting: Moss, Thumper, I Expect You To Die, and Beat Saber.
Subnautica is gamepad only and I heard pretty tacked on, not very good vr support. I think there are mods that help but if this is you first first into vr that may not be the best one to start with.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I have never been able to do it. Maybe I need to accurately measure my floor instead of just estimating it.
Part of it is kind of just bad design. There's a reason a lot of games let you sort of force pull objects off the floor to some degree. Pavlov needs to be a little more lenient about how close to loose objects you have to be to actually grab them.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried that stand alone GTA5 mod.

It is fantastic. I never tried the VorpX one, but the guy who did this one did a ton of work getting UI elements like the phone to work in VR.

I was able to play the high end settings version on my 1070 ti with no issues other than some weird shimmering artifacting.

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Oculus store do Black Friday sales?
Interested in Asgards Wrath, but if I can save a few bucks, that'd be great

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Oculus store do Black Friday sales?
Interested in Asgards Wrath, but if I can save a few bucks, that'd be great

There's a Thanksgiving bundle/sale that started today but the selection is pretty bare bones. The sale mentions daily platform deals so hopefully we'll see some better choices as the week continues. I still need to play Lone Echo, hoping that one goes on sale.

Simplex

Oct 27, 2017

It is fantastic. I never tried the VorpX one, but the guy who did this one did a ton of work getting UI elements like the phone to work in VR.

I was able to play the high end settings version on my 1070 ti with no issues other than some weird shimmering artifacting.
Anyone knows if the Oculus Quest via Oculus Link is compatible with the GTA V VR mod?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it would be possible...

But is there ANYWAY I could somehow transfer my Skyrim VR PS4 save to Skyrim VR on PC?

I would love to buy it on PCVR while it's on sale and play it there but I don't really feel like starting over again.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it would be possible...

But is there ANYWAY I could somehow transfer my Skyrim VR PS4 save to Skyrim VR on PC?

I would love to buy it on PCVR while it's on sale and play it there but I don't really feel like starting over again.
Pretty sure you're out of luck. I wanted to do the same and wasn't able to find a method to do it. In the end it didn't matter too much for me since a lot of the mods I installed recommended starting with a fresh save anyway

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure you're out of luck. I wanted to do the same and wasn't able to find a method to do it. In the end it didn't matter too much for me since a lot of the mods I installed recommended starting with a fresh save anyway

Hm.... Are the Skyrim VR mods that great?

Also man I see that Elite Dangerous is $15 for the game and DLC... Shit. I might want to get that too.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hm.... Are the Skyrim VR mods that great?

Also man I see that Elite Dangerous is $15 for the game and DLC... Shit. I might want to get that too.
I'd say like 90% of Skyrim SSE mods work with Skyrim VR, so yeah, they're pretty great. Some mods require VR specific patches but most work without them. I suggest visiting /r/SkyrimVR and looking at one of the modding guides they have there

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Skyrim VR mods on PC are pretty great. I added things like "Open Cities" which makes the main holds a part of the world map so you never have to load when entering/exiting. I also added various graphics upgrades to the sky, weather and roads and I also installed the "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch" which fixes TONS of bugs Bethesda never fixed. There's even "Cutting Room Floor" which adds back various NPCs, items, quests, locations that were built by Bethesda but never enabled in the released game.

I also just came across this video that I'm considering trying:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Here we... Here we fucking go.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Skyrim VR mods on PC are pretty great. I added things like "Open Cities" which makes the main holds a part of the world map so you never have to load when entering/exiting. I also added various graphics upgrades to the sky, weather and roads and I also installed the "Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch" which fixes TONS of bugs Bethesda never fixed. There's even "Cutting Room Floor" which adds back various NPCs, items, quests, locations that were built by Bethesda but never enabled in the released game.

I also just came across this video that I'm considering trying:

Hmm... Those do look great. But I guess at this point I think I need more of a overhaul or something if just because I've played through a ton of Skyrim so many times before.

Oct 29, 2019

Do you have a link or a tutorial? I have had VorpX since 2014 and the DK2 and always found it janky as all hell. Nothing about that software is worth it and I'd stay as far away from it as I could. Having to email them and get a new code anytime I want to reinstall it is such a pain (even if it's more automated now)

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Just bought fpsVR and Skyrim VR.
I'm a dwarf inside skyrim. Any way to fix it? BTW, still playing on the lenovo.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure the mod that I meant (the one that does not require VorpX) works only with Oculus Rift:
github.com

LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod

R.E.A.L. mod - VR conversion for Grand Theft Auto V - LukeRoss00/gta5-real-mod

And before you say "Use Revive":

Oh I didn't realize it was Oculus only.

When you hook a Quest up to a PC, the PC thinks it is an Oculus device, right? If the mod requires something from the Oculus SDK, the Quest might work with it as it uses that library ...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So few more questions.

1. Is there any big mods that actually add a lot to Skyrim other than just gameplay changes? Although is there any VR gameplay changes to make it more weighty?
2. How is Fallout 4 VR?
3. How is Elite Dangerous VR?

Is there any other games on sale that would be recommended?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I didn't realize it was Oculus only.

When you hook a Quest up to a PC, the PC thinks it is an Oculus device, right? If the mod requires something from the Oculus SDK, the Quest might work with it as it uses that library ...

Yup you've got it, can confirm Link works with the GTAV mod, how I've been playing it.

Oct 29, 2019
Jumping back into VR since a bit and need some advice on the settings both in Nvida's Control Panel and SteamVR.
Specs:
i7 8086 OC'd to 4.8GHz
1080ti
32 GB DDR4

Index Headset (Also got a Vive Pro)

Nvidia's Control Panel:
Any settings to change to something else other than default?
(besides changing Power Management to Maximum Performance?)

SteamVR:
Applications> I have Custom Resolution set to default 100%
Video>I got refresh rate to 120hz
Motion Smoothing is off

I have FPSVR installed and uninstalled OpenVRAdvanced Settings back earlier in the year since it kept breaking and being weird, I know they just updated it again like this past week, but is there really a reason to have it installed when I already have FPSVR?
I know every system is going to preform a bit differently, but I just want to get some settings down and it feels like there is no concret info on some major settings that should or should not be enabled.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
That feeling when you plug in your new 1 TB SSD and it doesn't work and then ultimately realize that all of the issues that have been plaguing me for months was actually my motherboard all along and I need to replace it...

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up refunding Espire 1, maybe they'll fix it and polish it up eventually but it seems really rough right now.

Obi

Oct 27, 2017
FaceBook has confirmed Beat Saber will continue to be supported on all platforms though.

Well the mods are the best part, and we will see how long they stay around. But on a more important note, Facebook is a terrible borderline evil company. I know a ton of people in VR don't care about that, and I dont judge them for it. Have fun! But it completely kills any hype I had in the game. I won't enjoy playing it as much with that in the back of my mind. Also Beat Saber was the one game I showed to people to get them into VR. I'm certainly not gonna be doing that now. Don't wanna throw more business in Facebook's direction.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Playing this GTA 5 mod is like seeing the future of VR.

It is absolutely mind blowing.

The guy who made it did a lot of work to make the UI and other aspects work in VR, but it is still rough. It really needs comfort options. If Rockstar did an official port it would be amazing.

One thing though - I turned off first person headbob in the options, but I still get headbob. Is there something else I need to do to disable it?

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Playing this GTA 5 mod is like seeing the future of VR.

It is absolutely mind blowing.

The guy who made it did a lot of work to make the UI and other aspects work in VR, but it is still rough. It really needs comfort options. If Rockstar did an official port it would be amazing.

One thing though - I turned off first person headbob in the options, but I still get headbob. Is there something else I need to do to disable it?
Which mod are you using and are you playing on Oculus or SteamVR? Last time I checked the more up to date mod wasn't working very well through Revive.

Oct 28, 2017
Alright, so I gave my friend's Rift S a try and it didn't give me crippling headaches so I bought one and it showed up.
I've got the minimum space required for it so I can't play any roomscale stuff. What good things can I play that I can sit down or don't require me to move around much?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, so I gave my friend's Rift S a try and it didn't give me crippling headaches so I bought one and it showed up.
I've got the minimum space required for it so I can't play any roomscale stuff. What good things can I play that I can sit down or don't require me to move around much?

Chronos, Lucky's Tale, Edge of Nowhere (Insomniac made game, $10 just today on Oculus store), the new GTA V mod, Elite: Dangerous, No Man's Sky, I Expect You to Die, Euro and American Truck Simulator games, Dirt Rally, SkyrimVR and Fallout 4 VR (with snap turning), Moss, Alien Isolation (Mother mod), Vivecraft (you can use m+kb in addition to motion controls for this).

That should get you started :)