• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
It took me along time to figure out what you game you guys were talking about with H3VR. I will now wait to see if there is a christmas sale on this game.

As some other people have mentioned it doesn't go on sale. See the price history here: https://steamdb.info/app/450540/

It's worth it at full price, it's absolutely the best firearm simulation in VR and the Take & Hold mode is my go-to when I'm looking for some intense gameplay. Extremely replayable and high skill ceiling since the weapons are all simulated and there's a ton of difficulty customization.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
As some other people have mentioned it doesn't go on sale. See the price history here: https://steamdb.info/app/450540/

It's worth it at full price, it's absolutely the best firearm simulation in VR and the Take & Hold mode is my go-to when I'm looking for some intense gameplay. Extremely replayable and high skill ceiling since the weapons are all simulated and there's a ton of difficulty customization.

It's just so damn good. I put in 20 hours over the last week. It's really a testament to the teams coding that you can learn all the major weapons platforms (AR-types, AK-types, Glock-types etc.) and still get better with specific guns the more you use them. Really well-implemented simulation.

Regarding Take and Hold - do you know how the game handles your visibility? If I peek a corner am I actually less visible than if I walk around it? Or is it basically a visible/in cover all or nothing type deal?

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda burnt on VR at the moment. Tried that kart game but it's not that engaging. I miss the honeymoon phase where everything looked awesome.
It's an up and down for me too. Totally depends on sales for me.

Didn't touch my vive for months but then some sales were going on and I grabbed Boxing VR and Trover saves the Universe and I am in again.
Might last a few more days, weeks and then probably won't touch it till HL: Alyx

I know this feel well and I'm starting to creep into it again. I have short spurts of enthusiasm where I come back to VR from a break (sometimes a few months) and get hooked all over again and begin ranting like a coked out preacher that it's the best thing since sliced bread, and then my brain just kinda cools on the experience after a few weeks. I hope my brain is still engaged for Boneworks cause I've been pining for that for ages. And if it isn't no biggie it'll still be there the next go around.

In some kind of odd news, Adobe apparently bought the Oculus Medium app from Oculus.

I was hoping this one would be marked down during the last sale and especially now post Adobe announcement. Hope it doesn't turn into a sub model.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
It's just so damn good. I put in 20 hours over the last week. It's really a testament to the teams coding that you can learn all the major weapons platforms (AR-types, AK-types, Glock-types etc.) and still get better with specific guns the more you use them. Really well-implemented simulation.

Regarding Take and Hold - do you know how the game handles your visibility? If I peek a corner am I actually less visible than if I walk around it? Or is it basically a visible/in cover all or nothing type deal?

Not sure but I think it's both based on how long you're visible and how far from the wall you are. If you're leaning it's definitely a lot quicker to pull your head back than to jiggle back and forth with the joystick given the somewhat weighty movement momentum.

I love playing full MGS mode and throwing an empty magazine (if you have duplication enabled) or tapping my weapon against the wall to bait them out.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure but I think it's both based on how long you're visible and how far from the wall you are. If you're leaning it's definitely a lot quicker to pull your head back than to jiggle back and forth with the joystick given the somewhat weighty movement momentum.

I love playing full MGS mode and throwing an empty magazine (if you have duplication enabled) or tapping my weapon against the wall to bait them out.

That makes sense. MGS mode just got better when I realized you can sneak up on Sosigs and actually rip their head off in a kind of stealth take down. Now we just need lockers to hide them in.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Will my i7 6700k and 980ti handle Boneworks well?
8HtYHtl.png

if those are accurate..... uh... I think you will meet the min.
I need a new video card to hit the recommended lol and I just built a new computer (though I didn't get a new gpu)

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff Minter being Jeff Minter. The new Minotaur Arcade looks incredible and honestly I don't know why I ever bothered having eyes in the first place. Note- video compression has not done the more intense sections any favors.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
In H3VR using anything two-handed just feels super floaty, there seems to be a significant delay to the weapon's movements when you hold it with two hands. As a result I try to use everything one handed if possible...

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
In H3VR using anything two-handed just feels super floaty, there seems to be a significant delay to the weapon's movements when you hold it with two hands. As a result I try to use everything one handed if possible...
I have noticed the same thing, compared to Pavlov and some other games the two handed weapons feel a little off.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Blade and Sorcery in a bit, just tried it and with the index controllers that game is INSANE. Climbing and grabbing stuff is so intuitive and satisfying. I just did a pole vault for christs sake.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Jeff Minter being Jeff Minter. The new Minotaur Arcade looks incredible and honestly I don't know why I ever bothered having eyes in the first place. Note- video compression has not done the more intense sections any favors.

LOL

Saw that on Twitter yesterday. Could only laugh at the awesomeness of it.

How much shit is too much shit? Trick question. You can never have too much shit exploding in your face.

EDIT:

LOL. I know he's posted in the past how he's gotten "bug" reports back for how he failed epilepsy guidelines on his games. He was already mentioning it with this before he turned the crazy up to 11:)

Last edited:

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Fanatical is currently running a build your own bundle deal that has 2 VR games in it. The most inexpensive tier is 3 games for $2.49, so that's $0.83 per game. The VR games are:

The Invisible Hours (Steam link shown; deal is on Fanatical's site)

and

Emily Wants to Play (Steam link shown; deal is on Fanatical's site)

While I haven't played the Emily game, I did complete The Invisible Hours on PSVR the day I booted it up. Without spoiling anything, it's more of a movie experience than it is a game. The story/mystery was compelling enough for me to want to unravel all of the plot threads and finish it in one sitting. It was also an easy Platinum trophy.

Thanks for the heads up! I had to add two games I didn't really care about for the promotion, but even at $2.49 for The Invisible Hours it's a great deal (Lowest discount price on Steam is $10.19).

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I thought this at first but then realized I was holding the controller wrong. I would default to tilting my forward hand like I was holding the underside of the barrel when it actually wants to be held like a foregrip even on weapons without one. This made it a lot better for me. Still not perfect though.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I'll be joining the VR gang next month! Are there any hidden gems that aren't talked about much?
I feel like not enough people talk about Windlands 2. It's one of my favorite VR games. The movement and freedom to go anywhere in that game is amaizing. It also runs silky smooth. Only caveat is that you need to have your VR legs to play it as it's rather intense for newbies.

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like not enough people talk about Windlands 2. It's one of my favorite VR games. The movement and freedom to go anywhere in that game is amaizing. It also runs silky smooth. Only caveat is that you need to have your VR legs to play it as it's rather intense for newbies.
Thank you! I added it to my wishlist along with some others. Do VR games usually go on sale or are prices mostly fixed?

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Looks like I'll be joining the VR gang next month! Are there any hidden gems that aren't talked about much?
There's a ton of great stuff out there that noone ever mentions.

www.resetera.com

Just got a PCVR headset because of Half-Life: Alyx and want some game recommendations? I got you covered. (IMG HEAVY)

With the announcement of Half-Life: Alyx, a lot of people have recently taken the plunge in to VR for the first time and I've seen a lot of requests for game recommendations. I thought I'd compile a list specifically for PCVR to point to and give you some ideas. Everything here is playable with...
This thread has some cool stuff in the OP and comments.

Oct 29, 2017
There's a ton of great stuff out there that noone ever mentions.

www.resetera.com

Just got a PCVR headset because of Half-Life: Alyx and want some game recommendations? I got you covered. (IMG HEAVY)

With the announcement of Half-Life: Alyx, a lot of people have recently taken the plunge in to VR for the first time and I've seen a lot of requests for game recommendations. I thought I'd compile a list specifically for PCVR to point to and give you some ideas. Everything here is playable with...
This thread has some cool stuff in the OP and comments.
Perfect! I'll have a look. Thanks

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
My Oculus has been currently sitting at a FedEx facility for the last 3 days, the same FedEx facility that I put down as the pickup point but yet the FedEx tracker just says "Package is not yet available for pickup."

I think I am starting to lose my mind a bit.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017

Make sure you're holding your off-hand further out like where the stock/grip is. If it's too close it will still grip further out but kind of extrapolate your hand position since you're not holding it correctly.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
In some kind of odd news, Adobe apparently bought the Oculus Medium app from Oculus.

Hmmm, very interesting. I didn't hear about this but I remember them showing Substance Painter in VR before the Adobe acquisition. I've been waiting to hear more about that since then. Wonder if they're related? A Zbrush quality app with painting in VR would be a KILLER app for me.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Index controllers are back in stock on Steam. I just ordered a pair (currently have HTC Vive with deluxe audio strap). I may get the index headset in the future but for now I'll start with the controllers. I'll try them out with H3VR since you guys have convinced me to get it.

Last edited:

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Index controllers are back in stock on Steam. I just ordered a pair (currently have HTC Vive with deluxe audio strap). I may get the index headset in the future but for now I'll start with the controllers. I'll try them out with H3VR since you guys have convinced me to get it.
They're so awesome. Make sure to stop by The Lab, Aperture Hands Lab and Moondust.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Make sure you're holding your off-hand further out like where the stock/grip is. If it's too close it will still grip further out but kind of extrapolate your hand position since you're not holding it correctly.
I do that, don't think it's the problem. there's just a lot of smoothing to your movements when you have two hands on the weapon.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
https://vrlfg.net/VRUsage

Graph shows SteamVR usage for VR exclusive/majority player count games. Things are flying since October, lets see how long it lasts. Definitely on a consistent uptrend over the past year. You can also see specific title concurrent/peak players for VR games with some filters on the main site here.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
So it's an opt in service but it seems like features are being tied to your Facebook account. They already have enough of my data. Facebook and Google really want to know literally everything about us to monetize to marketers.

They're so awesome. Make sure to stop by The Lab, Aperture Hands Lab and Moondust.

Yeah I'm catiously excited try them out. I also ordered portal themed 3d boosters off of Etsy too that I'll slap on the controllers when I get them to compare versus using them without the booster.

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017

Facebook is far and away the worst part of owning an Oculus headset. My Quest is great, but completely tainted by being owned by Facebook. I will jump ship the day something else delivers what Oculus does with the Quest (portable + pcvr). I buy every game I can on Steam.

The Facebook creep continues too. The Oculus app now allows messaging friends....but only if you are linked into Facebook.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Facebook is far and away the worst part of owning an Oculus headset. My Quest is great, but completely tainted by being owned by Facebook. I will jump ship the day something else delivers what Oculus does with the Quest (portable + pcvr). I buy every game I can on Steam.

The Facebook creep continues too. The Oculus app now allows messaging friends....but only if you are linked into Facebook.

Yeah. I love what Carmack has done with the Quest. And I love the vision he laid out for the future at OC6. But for the love of all that's good, please let this roadmap be picked up by someone a little less scummy, please.

I refuse to even have an active Facebook account. I would make a dummy account just for the Quest, but then Facebook will now it's me and pester people... "Hey, guess what, here's Johnny" and beg for invites.

Oculus Venues have had some cool events, but it requires a Facebook login. So, oh well. Not for me. I'm sure the Facebook requirement is coming down the pipe. But I won't be jumping on that. Hopefully Quest will get jailbroken before that ever happens and I can just stop any firmware update that introduces it.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Index users, how you do the process of putting on, taking off and adjusting the headset and knuckles? What goes on first for you and what comes off first? Do you turn on the camera to see what you're doing? As someone new to VR and Index I'm struggling a bit with this hahah

Sorry if this is not the correct thread for this.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Index users, how you do the process of putting on, taking off and adjusting the headset and knuckles? What goes on first for you and what comes off first? Do you turn on the camera to see what you're doing? As someone new to VR and Index I'm struggling a bit with this hahah

I can do it blindly in either case so it doesn't really matter. Just make sure the controllers are on first if you're going to pick them up after the headset is on that way they show up in VR.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017

I normally put on my knuckles first, I have the band tight but not too tight, I can remove the hand without pressing the button. Then I put the headset.
That's it.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
So Budget Cuts 2 is releasing today to almost zero fanfare...didn't even know it was releasing today till I saw a post on r/valveindex about it. It comes out on Steam at 1 pm est, so in about an hour and a half. UploadVR's review:

Lol yeah, I totally forgot that was today. I actually still need to play the first. I got stuck in the first room when the note tells you to go to the elevator and never got around to coming back (I believe I know what I'm supposed to do now).

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
if anyone was curious what was in the greenday pack for beat saber

• "American Idiot"
  • "Boulevard of Broken Dreams"
  • "Father of All..."
  • "Fire, Ready, Aim"
  • "Holiday"
  • "Minority"

oh and also the 360 songs are coming out tonight

Easy

• "Beat Saber"
  • "I Need You"
  • "Till It's Over" (Monstercat Music Pack)
  • "Turn Me On"

Normal

• "$100 Bills"
  • "Believer" (Imagine Dragons Music Pack)
  • "Commercial Pumping"
  • "Father of All..." (Green Day Music Pack)
  • "Immortal"
  • "Origins"

Hard

• "Believer" (Imagine Dragons Music Pack)
  • "Crab Rave"
  • "High Hopes" (Panic! At The Disco Music Pack)
  • "Holiday" (Green Day Music Pack)
  • "Legend"
  • "Thunder" (Imagine Dragons Music Pack)

Expert

• "Country Rounds"
  • "Emperor's New Clothes" (Panic! At The Disco Music Pack)
  • "EPIC" (Monstercat Music Pack)
  • "LVL Insane"
  • "Origins"
  • "Unlimited Power"

Expert+

• "Balearic Pumping"
  • "Breezer"
  • "Glide" (Rocket League Monstercat Music Pack)
  • "Origins"
  • "Overkill" (Monstercat Music Pack)

currently the 360/90 are only confirmed for the quest and rift platforms. I would hope it comes to steam as well but I haven't seen a confirmation for that.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, couldn't find a PCVR discord, so I made one,
Hidden content
You need -1 more posts to view this content
Post in thread or reply to reveal discord link

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
So my Quest has updated itself, but the PC app update isn't available yet, and so I've been locked out of PCVR for the time being.
Fuck me, I wanted to continue playing boneworks.