• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
PD had a huge backlash after lowering prizes in the game in patch 1.07...
So they corrected in 1.08 and made a U-turn...explaining this was a misundertanding...and never wanted to screw its fans... blablabla...

But now, with update 1.15 we can see where the franchise is heading with its "Hagerty" partnership and pricing policy: many legendary cars prices went up drastically... because why not?
The Mac Laren F1 went from 1 million in GTS to 18,5 millions in GT7...updated to 19,4 Millions today...

And this is just one example. More here.

www.gtplanet.net

The Hagerty's price increases post-1.15 update - 10,662,900 Cr. with info for all 62 Hagery's cars (4.08% increase)

Unless you've been under a rock since Wednesday night, you have heard about the 1.15 update. As part of that, PD will be adjusting the prices of various cars in the Legend Cars (Hagerty's) dealership beginning with each car's next appearance. In addition to the 9 cars that, prior to the...

To me, the situation hasn't changed drastically from when the shitstorm happened. The whole game economy is still a complete rip off, pushing you towards MTX, still can't sell cars, still cars needing special invitations that have a date of expiration (to push for impulsive buy), the loot/lottery still giving you the worst prize 90% of the time,... and the money is still pretty hard to earn (implying a LOT of grinding to get enough to buy the better cars) Etc...

A 80€ game should never have these kinds of monetization and predatory tactics.

Sony and PD should never get a pass on this.

Edit:
As many say, the rise of the prices of cars is not the worst offender of GT7 (the game suffers from many problems: broken lobbies, broken FFB, online terrible lag,...etc...) : just an opportunity to remind that the whole game economy is still a scam to push towards MTX, impulsive buys, the game currency is fucking expensive (10€ gives you around 1 million cr...so when a car is 3 millions, it's 30 € for one car!) ...that you still can't sell cars you bought... etc etc etc... The whole economy leans towards frustrating players to make them spend (people who claim otherwise are in full denial imo: the pattern is obvious, PD uses all the F2P tricks in the book).

Even if you buy the "hagerty" partnership as being realistic (to me, it's just complete bullshit and scammy)...then why can't we sell the cars we bought? Why is the game realistic only when the devs can make money out of it? How come the "Hagerty" feature is ready before the "selling cars" features is?

And IRL, what's the real price of a car that you cannot resell? Most very expensive cars cost so much because you can sell them later if you choose to. The current situation of hugely expensive car with absolutely zero resell value makes no sense. Except pushing for MTX.

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever been so completely turned off of a game like this. It's soured me from ever wanting to play the thing. What a waste

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why did Kaz get into this type of model? Seems he has a lot of power yet is embracing this stuff.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I hate this because it's such a fun game at its core. sliding prices for in game content? fuck outta here with that. shit I may not be able to use my ffb wheel with it in an enjoyable way, but at least FH5 understands i'm playing the game to drive cars I can't afford irl

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Oh come on!

How shameful of PD and Sony for doing this. If they wanted to do FTP they should have just done that or paid expansions.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm never playing this game, Gran Turismo used to be my favourite racing game but not anymore.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
The game is so realistic that it corrects for inflation! Never seen a simulation game like it!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well, I knew it was coming and yet I'm still pretty annoyed with it.

I think I'm going to just uninstall these games so that these experience-hurting updates also stop eating up my limited monthly bandwidth on my ISP.

I love the handling model and the visuals in this game. There's a strong gameplay core here. But the progression design is lackluster once the "menu" is finished, and compared to its peers, it's obviously designed with higher encouragement of microtransaction engagement. I know Forza Motorsport 7 launched with some level of that present but even that wasn't this egregious, even after the various retunings of those systems in that game.

No thanks, Polyphony/Sony. I came to this wanting a traditional GT game, and that's there for a little while through the cafe menus and some of the "post-game" events, but this post-game grind-and-microtransaction-expedited setup ain't it. I got what I wanted and wish the longer game was designed with that in mind too, but this is goodbye on GT7.

MrMattamus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever been so completely turned off of a game like this. It's soured me from ever wanting to play the thing. What a waste
Same. I had the game pre-ordered and my racing wheel set up, but I backed off since I was busy with other stuff and would pick it up later.

After all this…..not sure now. May just keep playing GTS or pop in GT3 or 4 if I need a career mode fix.

0xe0x

Banned
Dec 23, 2021
It's not a surprise, they pointed out that car prices will rise or fall according to how they value in real life.

The issue is reworking racing prizes so buying them wont take months. That's something they need to work on since in this driving simulator, it's not like you can get extra income via sponsorships.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
And they sounded so proud to announce that dumb partnership and the "dynamic pricing"... Like dude, precisely zero people that actually play the game want that.

Looks like you guys will have to stage a boycott or something every other patch to keep things in check. Gotta be tiring.

Matais92

Banned
Jul 8, 2020
Isnt that the whole point of the Hagerty price thing that prices will fluctuate? Also prices shouldn't be compared to GT Sport, the point of GT Sport was to race super cars while GT7 that is the end goal

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's pretty fucking gross that a $70 game is so blatantly designed in a way to squeeze even more money out of you.

Sony can fuck right off with their 12 live service games tbh.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
At this rate they're gonna ask us to take insurance out on these cars lol I don't quite get how basing prices on real life markets helps the player in any way. Was such a weird decision.

Oct 30, 2017
I used to have so much fun with my friends during the PS1 and PS2 era of Gran Turismo, even as a casual racing gamer.

I'm sad to see how predatory and exploitive GT has become. Basically punishing their loyal fanbase.

Tying car prices to real world inflation is some of the biggest eye rolling doo-doo I've ever heard for game economy....like WTF?!

People are literally being ripped off by dealers due to insane mark ups right now, we don't need this garbage as reminder in a game either.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I used to have so much fun with my friends during the PS1 and PS2 era of Gran Turismo, even as a casual racing

I'm sad to see how predatory and exploitive GT has become. Basically punishing their loyal fanbase.

Tying car prices to real world inflation is some of the biggest eye rolling doo-doo I e heard for age economy....like WTF?!
Real driving simulator is not just a word here with GT. It evens simulates real world economics. /s

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the Hagerty pricing partnership is one aspect that they've been open about since the beginning if I'm not mistaken. We knew prices would fluctuate eventually based on real world pricing. Which means eventually, they should come back down. The difference in price from 18.5 to 19.4 can be made up in one race..

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the Hagerty pricing partnership is one aspect that they've been open about since the beginning if I'm not mistaken. We knew prices would fluctuate eventually based on real world pricing. Which means eventually, they should come back down. The difference in price from 18.5 to 19.4 can be made up in one race..
And ? Knowing about it doesn't mean that it's good, you know ?

Matais92

Banned
Jul 8, 2020

Yeah I don't see the big issue here. We knew long ago prices will change.

Also the ability to sell cars is coming, we know that already.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of Blizzard's monumental fail with the Diablo 3 launch.

There's no way better to kill the joy of a new game than micro transactions and in-game market issues.

OP
OP
CassiusClay99

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
Isnt that the whole point of the Hagerty price thing that prices will fluctuate? Also prices shouldn't be compared to GT Sport, the point of GT Sport was to race super cars while GT7 that is the end goal

The fear was that it would just be a poor excuse to make them up... which is what is happening. It's just one of the many predatory tactics PD put in place to screw us.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
At this rate they're gonna ask us to take insurance out on these cars lol I don't quite get how basing prices on real life markets helps the player in any way. Was such a weird decision.
You actually do get a free car (the 19.5m one from the OP) if you get Hagerty insurance on your car

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
This is Sony™

I tried to get into it. Did the license exams.

Game is just too fucking restricted. A family member keeps asking why I haven't gone back. I have no tolerance for the jank controls and the marketplace. Not to mention the absurd rolling starts I've always hated and the really odd AI. Most racers have bad AI but still.

Last edited:

Raidou

Oct 25, 2017
The best part is that they just killed the best way to get money in the game and now it takes twice as long or a little more to get the same amount

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
I'm really enjoying the gameplay and graphics but yeah the economy seems like shit. Is there a decent rubber band trick to farm credits?

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
What is with these lecherous people if this information is true.. it seems like they want to grind GT's rep down the gutter.

Matais92

Banned
Jul 8, 2020
The fear was that it would just be a poor excuse to make them up... which is what is happening. It's just one of the many predatory tactics PD put in place to screw us.

Make what up? The price changed like they said it would, you can make it up in one race. It really isn't hard to get lots of credits and cars easily in the game right now

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't there a statement along the lines of "in-game value of cars will adjust based on supply/demand"

Like G, There IS NO ISSUE WITH SUPPLY. SUPPLY IS LITERALLY INFINITE IN A VIDEO GAME, UNLESS Y'ALL ON THAT NFT WAVE (and that's a whole different can of worms)

OP
OP
CassiusClay99

CassiusClay99

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I don't see the big issue here. We knew long ago prices will change.

Also the ability to sell cars is coming, we know that already.

Well... PD got kudos for correcting their decison after 108 but the whole economy is still terrible... and always going in the same direction: dearer and dearer...

And the ability to sell cars should be there already. The simple fact that it's not is very telling. At least don't make the cars more expensive until we can make money selling ours.

We are accepting things that should never have been there in the first place.

The game not being finished should never be an excuse... on the contrary.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but must have outrage regardless.

Matais92

Banned
Jul 8, 2020
Well... PD got kudos for correcting their decison after 108 but the whole economy is still terrible... and always going in the same direction: dearer and dearer...

And the ability to sell cars should be there already. The simple fact that it's not is very telling. At least don't make the cars more expensive until we can make money selling ours.

We are accepting things that should never have been there in the first place.

The game not being finished should never be an excuse... on the contrary.

It really isnt hard to get tons of cards really easily and it is very easy to earn an extra 900k if you really need this car. Sometimes it seems people get upset the game wants you to play it to earn things. If you dont like playing the game the prices wont matter and you should maybe stop playing it.

And selling cars is coming so complaining about that is pointless, it wont make it come faster.

BAW

Oct 27, 2017
Please tell me which is this race that pays almost 1 million