• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
There is a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it but let's keep going and see what happens.

Lhd7A82.png
is this what I think it is? Are they about to sleep together?

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
yHNbclq.jpg

My favorite version out of all the fan art.

edited out the twitter link I just realized it was NSFW.

but artist can be found searching Buppy @chubbuppy

Last edited:

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People only assume this because we were introduced to Toadette first. If we knew about Peachette first people would assume Toadette is a combination of Toad + Peachette.
That doesn't make any sense because there would never be a reason for the name Peachette without Toadette.

"ette" is a suffix that basically implies "girl". See Smurfette (of all the Smurfs, she's the girl one), or Goombette (of all the Goombas, she's the girl one), or Toadette (of all the Toads, she's the girl one).

Peach is Peach. Without Toadette, Peachette would just be another Peach. There would be no reason to slap the "ette" suffix on and identify one of them as "Peach" and the other as "girl Peach".

Peachette gets her name because Toadette is stealing a copy of the body of Peach (assuming Peach's body was ever really her own in the first place). It's not an evolution to Human, or a gender swap to female (although those can be included in the package), it's specifically an appropriation of Peach's body. Peachette's name is a combination of Peach and Toadette.

The Bowser situation specifically removes Toadette and asks what would happen if other characters did as Toadette does and stole Peach's body. Most notably, Bowser. Bowser with the crown should follow Peachette's naming convention, which doesn't mean adding an ette, it means combining Peach's name with Bowser's. Peacher would seem to be the most likely name, but I think PeachBowser also works, as does Princess Bowser (it follows Peachette's naming the least, but makes the most sense and is easy to adapt to other characters).

Calling Bowser with the crown "Bowsette" seems completely wrong because it's either including Toadette's name when she's not part of the equation, or it's going back to the roots of the suffix and calling her "girl Bowser" which seems very reductive. Princess Bowser isn't just a female Bowser, she's Bowser in possession of a copy of Princess Peach's body.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

This is a lot of overthinking the situation... It's just short hand versus spelling out "bowser with a peach power up". The English language is FULL of technically incorrect, but consistent shorthand for things. The key to language is that the person speaking it, and the person listening in both understand what's being talked about... There is no one, after viewing these images, who is going to be confused by calling that character Bowsette.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't make any sense because there would never be a reason for the name Peachette without Toadette.

"ette" is a suffix that basically implies "girl". See Smurfette (of all the Smurfs, she's the girl one), or Goombette (of all the Goombas, she's the girl one), or Toadette (of all the Toads, she's the girl one).

Peach is Peach. Without Toadette, Peachette would just be another Peach. There would be no reason to slap the "ette" suffix on and identify one of them as "Peach" and the other as "girl Peach".

Peachette gets her name because Toadette is stealing a copy of the body of Peach (assuming Peach's body was ever really her own in the first place). It's not an evolution to Human, or a gender swap to female (although those can be included in the package), it's specifically an appropriation of Peach's body. Peachette's name is a combination of Peach and Toadette.

The Bowser situation specifically removes Toadette and asks what would happen if other characters did as Toadette does and stole Peach's body. Most notably, Bowser. Bowser with the crown should follow Peachette's naming convention, which doesn't mean adding an ette, it means combining Peach's name with Bowser's. Peacher would seem to be the most likely name, but I think PeachBowser also works, as does Princess Bowser (it follows Peachette's naming the least, but makes the most sense and is easy to adapt to other characters).

Calling Bowser with the crown "Bowsette" seems completely wrong because it's either including Toadette's name when she's not part of the equation, or it's going back to the roots of the suffix and calling her "girl Bowser" which seems very reductive. Princess Bowser isn't just a female Bowser, she's Bowser in possession of a copy of Princess Peach's body.

It's why I like Koopa-hime more: while it also removes the connection to Peach, it doesn't infer a connection with Toadette either, and is more accurate to what is going on. "-hime" is also a lot more easily reusable than "-ette", provided we stick (mostly) to Japanese.

That said...

This is a lot of overthinking the situation... It's just short hand versus spelling out "bowser with a peach power up". The English language is FULL of technically incorrect, but consistent shorthand for things. The key to language is that the person speaking it, and the person listening in both understand what's being talked about... There is no one, after viewing these images, who is going to be confused by calling that character Bowsette.

Yeah, you're right on this as well. Easiest point of comparison is the "Werehog": it's a completely inaccurate combination of "Werehog Sonic", but nobody who's familiar with the version would be confused with you using it.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I haven't been keeping up with this thread and someone may have posted this already, but

wqIzfl0.png

hey-andy-sweetie-hm-whats-this-youre-drawing-a-map-27613535.png
this guy had tons of other creepy and badly drawn fanart of Peach as his waifu. legendary stuff a decade or so ago

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
When this thread appeared for the first time, my thought was "Oh no" since I had seen the original comic. I did not expect this thread to get so popular. It just keeps appearing at the first page.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
'Princess Bowser' Fan Art Is Now Trending On Twitter

Earlier this week, we reported on how art of Bowser transforming into 'Princess Bowser' was starting to become an internet trend.

Now, it seems like Japanese Twitter users have gone head-over-heels for the female version of the koopa king. The hashtag #クッパ姫 ('koopa-hime' or 'Princess Koopa') just became trending on Twitter today. Talented artists and even manga illustrators are now drawing art of the fan-made character.

It's gone so viral that even the initial creator of 'Princess Bowser' (@ayyk92) has joked about their sudden fame.

https:///princess-bowser-fan-art-is-now-trending-on-twitter/amp/

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
After reading through the whole thread I still can't tell whether it's the best or worst thread on era. Either way I've got myself a new avatar

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Has someone tried to do all the ultimate characters with the crown on the same artstyle? Ive seen bits here and there but nothing in full and im thinkong of trying to do something funny with that idea if i have some free time, but not if someone is already making it.

Oct 28, 2017
Has someone tried to do all the ultimate characters with the crown on the same artstyle? Ive seen bits here and there but nothing in full and im thinkong of trying to do something funny with that idea if i have some free time, but not if someone is already making it.

As far as I know, no one is doing that, but someone may be. Besides 60+ characters is a lot of work.

Attack on Bowsette/Koopa-Hime.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Ignoring modpost
Maid Dragon creator drew more

[MOD EDIT: Removed first picture for breaking the rules set by the mod post]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauro

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
MFW all of Japan Twitter is making art of this but hardly any of them are doing the superior tan/red hair/eyes/thick eyebrow/one fang version

VYGeXAV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.