• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_mehkl05wo71r0t8auo1_500.gif

Original Bowsette

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a lot of overthinking the situation... It's just short hand versus spelling out "bowser with a peach power up". The English language is FULL of technically incorrect, but consistent shorthand for things. The key to language is that the person speaking it, and the person listening in both understand what's being talked about... There is no one, after viewing these images, who is going to be confused by calling that character Bowsette.
I don't think it's overthinking, because I think it's plainly obvious that "ette" is a cheap way to denote "girl". I've known it for decades. I notice it.

And when I see "Bowsette" I see Bowser's name fused with the wrong girl's name, and/or I see a cheap way for people to have feminized Bowser. "Bowser with boobs", that's all this new character is to some people. That's what the name says about Bowsette. Princess Bowser is a much better name.

And then, I got a little long winded in my countering of an argument that was claiming that the wrong name is actually right.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think it's overthinking, because I think it's plainly obvious that "ette" is a cheap way to denote "girl". I've known it for decades. I notice it.

And when I see "Bowsette" I see Bowser's name fused with the wrong girl's name, and/or I see a cheap way for people to have feminized Bowser. "Bowser with boobs", that's all this new character is to some people. That's what the name says about Bowsette. Princess Bowser is a much better name.

And then, I got a little long winded in my countering of an argument that was claiming that the wrong name is actually right.
I mean it's not really linked to the wrong girl since the power up and character that spawned it is Peachette/toadette with the crown power up. This specific iteration doesn't exist without the crown power and that is directly linked to Peachette.

In terms of getting a concept across it does it very well because this chararacter is not simply female bowser nor peach fused with bowser which has existed for a long time now but bowser with the crown power up which is the whole point of the comic. Neither are really better than the other because anyone that's watched the deluxe trailer it's based off of knows exactly what that name is referring to.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder which japanese mangaka will make fanart of this next.

Still shock that Dagashi Kashi jumped in the bandwagon.

This is insane.

This thread is insane.

Very curious to see where this craze will go. It's a miracle the moderators didn't shut down this thread.thanks for not though.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder which japanese mangaka will make fanart of this next.

Still shock that Dagashi Kashi jumped in the bandwagon.

This is insane.

This thread is insane.

Very curious to see where this craze will go. It's a miracle the moderators didn't shut down this thread.thanks for not though.

Kobayshi's Dragon Maid author COOL has already made 5 sets of artwork. None of them suited for this thread

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not really linked to the wrong girl since the power up and character that spawned it is Peachette/toadette with the crown power up. This specific iteration doesn't exist without the crown power and that is directly linked to Peachette.

In terms of getting a concept across it does it very well because this chararacter is not simply female bowser nor peach fused with bowser which has existed for a long time now but bowser with the crown power up which is the whole point of the comic.Neither are really better than the other because anyone that's watched the deluxe trailer it's based off of knows exactly what that name is referring to.
The crown isn't a part of Toadette, it's an exclusive-to-her powerup, but the idea behind this thing is for it to not be an exclusive powerup. The crown is the key, not Toadette.

It's like, the Leaf from Mario 3 made Racoon Mario. When Bowser gave those leaves to his Goombas, did they make Mario Goombas or did they make Racoon Goombas? They made Racoon Goombas because the Goombas got the same powerup that Mario used to get. Calling those Racoon Gombas Mario Goombas would be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.