• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Knoxville man arrested for threatening Pizza Restaurant over pizza taking time to make and cook.
By Camruinn Morgan-Rumsey
Published: Nov. 24, 2021 at 1:07 AM GMT+11|Updated: 3 hours ago

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - A Knoxville man is in custody after threatening the workers of the Cedar Bluff Little Caesars with an AK-47 after he was told it would take ten minutes to make his pepperoni pizza, a report from the Knoxville Police Department states.

Officers responded to the restaurant just after 9 p.m. Friday where they were told that the suspect, identified as Charles Doty Jr., 53, became upset when he was told that his peperoni pizza would take ten minutes to make. According to the report, "he got upset and demanded a free bread stick order and went outside the business to wait for the pizza."

When Doty Jr. returned, he had the rifle in hand and was pointing it at employees, demanding his pizza immediately, the report reads. Doty Jr. reportedly stopped an employee who was trying to leave the Little Caesars, asking "where in the hell he thought he as going," and a woman waiting in line ended up giving him her pizza in an attempt to get him to leave.

WVLT spoke to former employee Kimberleigh Smith who was working during the incident.

"He comes walking back in and hasn't pointed at anybody yet. I was taking care of a female customer and she was just getting ready to leave, then he gets the gun. He pointed at me saying where is my d--- pizza I want my pizza," said Smith, "Honestly fear and utter disbelief like I was shocked it was over a six dollar pizza."

Doty Jr. was charged with aggravated assault and especially aggravated kidnapping, the report says. Doty Jr. was taken into custody and is in jail.

Seriously, Jesus jump-roping Christ.

Restaurant and hospitality workers are already on low wages, under the pump and working to make ends meet. This whole "I'm entitled to things and getting the way I want because I can use force/coercion is just gross. Seriously, what did this buffoon expect? "Abra cadabra here's your pizza in 20 seconds materializing out of thin air"

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Well, if it was going to happen at any pizza place, I guess a Little Caesar's would have been my bet.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Where was the good pizza with a gun?

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Lmfao.

I work at a nicer pizza joint and the amount of pieces of shit who will just berate young hosts is pathetic.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
User Warned: Thread Whining
Hate to be that guy but what is the purpose of these threads? News at 10c some crazy dude at some pizza shop acts crazy.

Just because something was posted as news doesn't mean it automatically should be reposted. There are many crazy people in this world who do crazy offensive shit. Do we really need to post each time one of them acts out?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Hate to be that guy but what is the purpose of these threads? News at 10c some crazy dude at some pizza shop acts crazy.

Just because something was posted as news doesn't mean it automatically should be reposted. There are many crazy people in this world who do crazy offensive shit. Do we really need to post each time one of them acts out?
You say this like there's some kind of rule that Era posts be significant or important somehow, but the very existence of WeekendEra controverts that notion.

OP
OP
Tokyo_Funk

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018

This is a discussion forum. We discuss things or open new conversations to discuss matters. I made this thread because the article is a mix of :

- Americas obsessed gun culture
- The poor treatment of restaurant industry staff
- How society is becoming entitled
- How aggression is so prevailant in society that it is used as a tool to intimidate people into doing things
- How stupid people can be to make demands of others over things they don't understand.
- Why people leave the restaurant industry with shit like this and why people move/change jobs or would rather not return to their work because of shit like this.
- How, as above art imitates life and parody is no longer parody.

There is plenty to talk about here given the underlying context, contribute or don't.

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

If people do not want to discuss it it will fall off the front page and nobody will ever see it, or if it isn't interesting nobody will click on it. It's a discussion forum.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal

I saw "Peak Entitlement" in the thread title and read the rest of it. I am always eager to see how much more batshit 'Murica can get because I myself cannot comprehend the existence of these individuals.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
This is a discussion forum. We discuss things or open new conversations to discuss matters. I made this thread because the article is a mix of :

- Americas obsessed gun culture
- The poor treatment of restaurant industry staff
- How society is becoming entitled
- How aggression is so prevailant in society that it is used as a tool to intimidate people into doing things
- How stupid people can be to make demands of others over things they don't understand.
- How, as above art imitates life and parody is no longer parody.

There is plenty to talk about here given the underlying context, contribute or don't.

I did contribute whether you agree with what i posted or not.

May 21, 2018
What are these idiots going to do when they take the gun culture to its conclusion and you get pizza huts with automated machine gun turrets pointed at you every time you walk up to the counter? Will that make idiots like this feel more comfortable?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been by that place a hundred times. You couldn't pay me to eat there. It's in an old outlet building, not even its own stand alone place. That whole area flooded a couple years ago. It's probably not a very clean place.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Knoxville man arrested for threatening Pizza Restaurant over pizza taking time to make and cook.

Seriously, Jesus jump-roping Christ.

Restaurant and hospitality workers are already on low wages, under the pump and working to make ends meet. This whole "I'm entitled to things and getting the way I want because I can use force/coercion is just gross. Seriously, what did this buffoon expect? "Abra cadabra here's your pizza in 20 seconds materializing out of thin air"

You have no idea. People think you pull food out of thin air or some shit. I've had people order 20 sandwiches at my store then complain about "why's it taking so long"

Oct 25, 2017

yeah i'm with you on this — we don't need a thread for every local news story

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
In his defense, they advertise it to be "hot and ready" not "wait 10 minutes", so who's really in the wrong here?