• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
The discussion about Mr. Sanders has to date been largely confined to private settings because — like establishment Republicans in 2016 — Democrats are uneasy about elevating him or alienating his supporters.
The matter of What To Do About Bernie and the larger imperative of party unity has, for example, hovered over a series of previously undisclosed Democratic dinners in New York and Washington organized by the longtime party financier Bernard Schwartz. The gatherings have included scores from the moderate or center-left wing of the party, including Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California; Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the minority leader; former Gov. Terry McAuliffe of Virginia; Mayor Pete Buttigieg of South Bend, Ind., himself a presidential candidate; and the president of the Center for American Progress, Neera Tanden.
"He did us a disservice in the last election," said Mr. Schwartz, a longtime Clinton supporter who said he would support former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. in this primary.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/...arty.html?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This, right here, is why the dems will never get their shit together.

Gyro Zeppeli

Oct 27, 2017
The next time someone tells me to embrace centrism, I'll point them to this article. Fuck the moderate wing of the party. Progressive left forever.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
The matter of What To Do About Bernie and the larger imperative of party unity has, for example, hovered over a series of previously undisclosed Democratic dinners in New York and Washington organized by the longtime party financier Bernard Schwartz.

"He did us a disservice in the last election," said Mr. Schwartz

Bernard vs Bernard: Civil War

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3897.jpg

Im getting so much use of this avatar, thank you Chris

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
i think bernie has a decent chance this time

i personally prefer warren but i would be happy if bernie won the nomination too

will be interesting to see how it all plays out

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And yet some users around here will still go to bat for the Dem establishment's tactics re: Bernie in 2016. Pathetic.

whitehawk

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Bernie did a disservice last election?

Give me a break. Clinton lost it all by herself. (Well not entirely but you know).

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Better bernie than some corporate shill but i guess corporate shills in leadership have to hold together.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Bernie will once again be one of the reasons why Trump gets elected.

He'll lash out at the Democratic Party and damage all the other candidates in the process.

Russians will just need to pull out their 2016 playbook to get Bernie fans to not vote or vote for a third party.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

He'll lash out at the Democratic Party and damage all the other candidates in the process.

Russians will just need to pull out their 2016 playbook to get Bernie fans to not vote or vote for a third party.

Blaming Bernie for Trump

This just gave me flashbacks to the 2016 election.

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
So basically... it means the owners of this country and their lobbyists are beginning to get spooked.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
Fun fact: The Republicans most senior figureheads did this exact thing regarding Obama after he beat McCain in 2008 in a Washington Restaurant.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to disagree considering he only "joined" the Democrat party recently to further his presidential aspirations.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No wonder a lot of people conspirace about the Dem establishment sabotage Bernie in 2016.

Yes, they most likely didn't do it, but cases like this just gives them more ammo.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Primaries are a major point where Democrats are less democratic than republicans.

Not that I like Bernie, but Democratic Party Leadership definitely believe they know better than the base.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After 2016 I'd like to hope that Dems have learned- support whoever you want in the primary, but you have to fall in line come the general election even if your preferred candidate isn't in it.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where's the bingo? We already got "that's why Trump will win", "he's not actually a democrat", "crazy Bernie".

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can someone explain this to me

Good, get that kook out of the race.

*Attacks party he's not a member of for two entire elections*

*Supporters whine party not supporting him and meeting to discuss him. Claim hypocrisy.*
Yeah, Bernie is literally why we can't have nice things.

Here we go again.
Bernie squashed himself in 2016

?

Status
Not open for further replies.