• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
'Do not tweet': Pelosi scolds progressives in closed-door meeting

The House speaker urged liberal Democrats not to criticize their centrist colleagues in public.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi chided progressives in a closed-door meeting Wednesday, calling on them to address their intra-party grievances privately rather than blasting their centrist colleagues on Twitter.

Pelosi's comments, which were described as stern, came during the first full caucus meeting since a major blow up over emergency border funding last month between progressive and moderate lawmakers as well as a recent spat with Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) and her freshman allies.
"So, again, you got a complaint? You come and talk to me about it," Pelosi told Democrats, according to a source in the room. "But do not tweet about our members and expect us to think that that is just ok."

Democrats inside the room said they interpreted that remark as a shot at Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.), co-chair of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, who called moderate Democrats members of the "Child Abuse Caucus" in a tweet over their support for the Senate's version of the emergency humanitarian package.
"I'm here to help the children when it's easy and when it's hard. Some of you are here to make a beautiful pâté but we're making sausage most of the time," Pelosi told the caucus.
More info at the Link

Put me on blast on Twitter if old.

Last edited:

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
Like A fucking parent, these freshmen need to get on the fast track. I'll be damn if they are the reason we lose the 2020 election because of all this bs.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
cover4.jpg

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's talking about house members, not the public, but that won't stop people from not reading the article.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah go to the nyt instead
She's a net positive compared to republicans but Nancy fuckin up these days

Also young people across America: get your ass out and vote reliably to get speakers and reps that embody more of your pov-- Nancy is a force for good but emblematic of the core of the most consistent voters in the party aside from black women: older moderate liberals

You want better? Vote consistently and elect better. Can't change shit if you don't show up and you don't win.

She was the best who could've won at the time. Everyone else is/was to the right of her and nuts.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
"Guys, stop attacking the ones defending concentration camps they are on our side :("

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why is she so vocal about policing each other, yet chooses to stand on the sidelines about the things that matter?

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
She's talking about house members, not the public, but that won't stop people from not reading the article.

She's also not saying don't criticize. Shes saying dont blast your colleagues on twitter.... which is pretty standard protocol for professionals in pretty much every other line of work.

Oct 30, 2017
What the fuck you going to do about it, Pelosi? Clap? Wave a fucking finger at them? How about you take that "get off my lawn" attitude and shove it.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder that three new concentration camps opened thanks to Nancy Pelosi.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
This needed to be said. You don't get to blast other people in public like this and expect them not get pissed off or ignore it and vote with your. That isn't just how politics work. That's not how fucking life works. If someone I worked with blasted me on twitter or facebook I damn well wouldn't be smiling in their face the next day at work or even want to work with them. There is a level of fucking common decency that needs to be at play here and some freshman have no sense of it. That shit would not fly in any job!!

Asking progressive house members to just keep quiet as conservatives smear them with a never ending onslaught of ridiculous lies is fucking stupid.

She's asking progressive house members not to call out or blast fell democratic members in public over topics. Which is what some are doing. Blast conseratives all the want. You don't attack the very people that will be your allies. That is a big problem many of the left have. I've said so in the past. It is beyond stupid to be protesting house members, leadership or even those running for President when they actually support your topics.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe do your job of oversight first, and then you can focus on some tweets from your caucus.

Fugu

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like what really undermines her credibility here is the fact that she shit on those very same progressives in an interview.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
She can publically attack some of the only people attempting to make change in her party through whatever media source she likes, but the second that gets turned around, regardless of avenue, suddenly there is an issue.

This isn't surprising as much as it is just plain shitty. Pelosi has sucked for a long time. From not taking a stance on kneeling NFL players ("I like the Flag and the First Amendment"), to completely disregarding any criticisms of the current state of Capitalism ("We're Capitalists, and that's just the way it is"), to putting forth zero effort towards holding Trump accountable ("self-impeaching"?!), she really represents no one except the old guard Democrats and moderates who want to go back to the status quo that brought us Trump in the first place.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's valid not to criticize moderate Dem publicly. The reality is that if you undermine House members like that in swing districts, it is more likely to result in a Republican replacing them. Not a progressive.

HOWEVER why the fuck does she publicly go after progressive members of her caucus?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
If she does something about the corrupt admin maybe it will be acceptable to rein in progressives.
In the current situation? Fuck them, more people (elected officials or not) need to shit on self styled "centrists".

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
This needed to be said. You don't get to blast other people in public like this and expect them not get pissed off or ignore it and vote with your. That isn't just how politics work. That's not how fucking life works. If someone I worked with blasted me on twitter or facebook I damn well wouldn't be smiling in their face the next day at work or even want to work with them. There is a level of fucking common decency that needs to be at play here and some freshman have no sense of it. That shit would not fly in any job!!
So just continue let Republicans to shit down their throats on a continual basis instead?

These reactions are not unprovoked.

Also Pelosi herself regularly mocks the progressives in her own party, so this is pretty rich coming from her. She can get the fuck out of here with this.

EDIT:
Working while posting and did a real bad job of skimming. I see it's about infighting.

She's a bad Dem leader. This is on her. She constantly stirs shit up herself.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is she so vocal about policing each other, yet chooses to stand on the sidelines about the things that matter?
Because it's her job to take bullets fpr the marginal votes in the caucus and give them cover because they're both the most annoying and the most vulnerable at the same time. Jonathan Bernstein had a good article today on this aspect of the job that inherently is going to make everyone mad at you: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/a...als-like-aoc-mad-at-nancy-pelosi?srnd=opinion

edit: Though if someone is both annoying and not vulnerable, they should be primaried, like Lipinski and Gabbard. But Pelosi cannot publicly or privately back that.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

Pelosi and Hoyer have literally been attacking them in the media for months and they just sat there and largely ate it.

So get out of here witht his shit.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
"Pelosi told Democrats not to make the Blue Dog Coalition their targets and instead criticize her publicly if they need to go after someone."

Well, people are certainly doing that, Nance. I guess she's really concerned about the Blue Dogs keeping their seats.

Oct 25, 2017
There is a level of fucking common decency that needs to be at play here and some freshman have no sense of it. That shit would not fly in any job!!

Sorry, I just can't abide the idea that centrists are paragons of "common decency". The Democrats by and large aren't exactly there either, but we're not going to improve the situation with closed-doors discussions over lukewarm status quo politics when things need to be moving further left by the hour.

Poor politics need to be put on blast, especially when your job involves public representation and shaping policy for the entire country.