• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Anyone who bitches about the "race card" is a fool that refuses to try and understand intesectionality and thinks racism is some cartoonishly binary personality trait of hating minorities or loving them. People trying to do overall good and people who don't hold strong racist beliefs themselves can still cater to them especially in the case of political "pragmatism" where it is more convenient to do so. See Democrats responding to BLM with "All Lives Matter" like *check notes* Nancy Pelosi

If your instant reaction is a defensive backlash against those calling out sensitive heartfelt issues, that's a massive you problem. You can disagree without resorting to an outright offensive dismissal whining about the fucking "race card".

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
She's calling out people who share the same views and continuously attack centrists on Twitter who happen to be WoC. But then other democratic members call out how that notion is ridiculous but their opinions don't matter. So our opinions only matter when they align a certain way. Got it.

How come she didn't criticise Mark Pocan for calling the Problem Solvers Caucus the "Child Abuse Caucus"?

Or Josh Gottheimer called them the "Herbal Tea Party"

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Pelosi is probably not a vehement racist, but she's acting racist. And she's torpedoing the Dems every time she opens her mouth about AOC, Tlaib,Ilhan, & Pressley. She's really out of touch and she sucks at her job.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
...did you forget what prompted this thread?

Hmm I dunno let's compare the treatment

Pocan, who was not in the meeting, said Pelosi personally phoned him later Wednesday afternoon to apologize that it had been seen that way.

"She didn't even know about my tweet, and she wasn't referring to it," Pocan said. "She's not a shy individual. If she wants to tell you something, she'll tell you. She actually called to say just the opposite."

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Meanwhile

Screenshot_20190711-165428_Instagram.jpg
Vote Shahid Buttar for CA-12, y'all

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Let's say your favorite politician was speaker of the house.. What could they do to stop ICE raids?

Edit: Wrong thread but kinda not? Maybe?

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Anyone who bitches about the "race card" is a fool that refuses to try and understand intesectionality and thinks racism is some cartoonishly binary personality trait of hating minorities or loving them. People trying to do overall good and people who don't hold strong racist beliefs themselves can still cater to them especially in the case of political "pragmatism" where it is more convenient to do so. See Democrats responding to BLM with "All Lives Matter" like *check notes* Nancy Pelosi

If your instant reaction is a defensive backlash against those calling out sensitive heartfelt issues, that's a massive you problem. You can disagree without resorting to an outright offensive dismissal whining about the fucking "race card".

It is really fucking weird to see a specifically Black senator use the words "race card' unironically, as it is basically never used outside of white people trying to deny their own racism when criticized, attemping to extricate their behavior from a cultural context -- a context necessarily steeped in racism. See also: "Why do you have to make this/everything a race thing?" when, of course, everything can be made about race, because racism permeates all aspects of society.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
How come she didn't criticise Mark Pocan for calling the Problem Solvers Caucus the "Child Abuse Caucus"?

Or Josh Gottheimer called them the "Herbal Tea Party"
Didn't the article in the OP state that her comments were directed to Pocan? Yet somehow the narrative got switched to it being about AOC & co.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Didn't the article in the OP state that her comments were directed to Pocan? Yet somehow the narrative got switched to it being about AOC & co.

Pocan, who was not in the meeting, said Pelosi personally phoned him later Wednesday afternoon to apologize that it had been seen that way.

"She didn't even know about my tweet, and she wasn't referring to it," Pocan said. "She's not a shy individual. If she wants to tell you something, she'll tell you. She actually called to say just the opposite."

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Let's say your favorite politician was speaker of the house.. What could they do to stop ICE raids?

Edit: Wrong thread but kinda not? Maybe?
It's not like this is Pelosi's one and only fault though. The past few months she's had a history of sticking her foot in her mouth over stupid shit and angering the progressives of the party while wanting to use them as diversity props and says how investigating the President for rape isn't her job and she hasn't been keeping up with the news and here she is trying to appeal to Evangelicals when there's a fracture in her own party.

Boggles the mind.

Oct 27, 2017
They won't pass the torch, it's gonna have to be snatched out of their hands. Or we can just be happy with Pelosi's complacent leadership.

Oct 27, 2017
All of those Dems circling the Pelosi wagon need to be attacking Trump and the republicans. We're getting a good view of their high school clique behavior.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

lol so Pelosi doesn't give a shit that he called an entire sect of the party child abusers, but she can attack AOC and the rest forever?

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It's not like this is Pelosi's one and only fault though. The past few months she's had a history of sticking her foot in her mouth over stupid shit and angering the progressives of the party and says how investigating the President for rape isn't her job and she hasn't been keeping up with the news and here she is trying to appeal to Evangelicals when there's a fracture in her own party.

Boggles the mind.
This was for the ice thread but I let it fly in here just because.

I'm not going to say your points aren't true. But it seems as of late that whenever trump does something shitty that its time to stop and trash pelosi for somehow not stopping it. I find it absurd that the fact that we focus so much on indeviduals when it wouldn't matter who was doing the job.. The results would be much the same. I don't address pelosi directly, I ask what can Democrats do? But this isn't the place for it. Pelosi is shitting up her own image and angering the left all on her own. But it still doesn't account for every action Trump does being put at her feet when it has become evident there was no stopping trump in the first place.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

I'm not going to say your points aren't true. But it seems as of late that whenever trump does something shitty that its time to stop and trash pelosi for somehow not stopping it. I find it absurd that the fact that we focus so much on one's visuals when it wouldn't matter who was doing the job.. The results would be much the same. I don't address pelosi directly, I ask what can Democrats do? But this isn't the place for it. Pelosi is shitting up her own image and angering the left all on her own. But it still doesn't account for every action Trump does being put at her feet when it has become evident there was no stopping trump in the first place.
Yeah some of it does get a little bit much at times because there is a limit only one chamber of congress can do.

My issue with Pelosi isn't that she isn't successfully stopping Trump's every move, it's that her public messaging makes it seem like she isn't even interested to try to appear like she's interested while making heartless and/or clueless statements left and right.

I actually supported her for Speaker (and still do I guess if the only challenger is Tim Ryan) but holy shit she has been abysmal. Not as bad as Schumer sure but she's done a great job of setting up landmines and then walking into them.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Pelosi calling Pocan to apologize is peak Pelosi right there. Guy calls the party child abusers--and it's pretty hard to disagree with that notion when they vote to fund concentration camps where children have already died--and you all are whining about AOC rightly pointing out that Pelosi is constantly targeting 4 women of color. Fuck out of here.

This "pulling the race card" deflection is what I expect out of right-wingers getting called out for their racism.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

I'm not going to say your points aren't true. But it seems as of late that whenever trump does something shitty that its time to stop and trash pelosi for somehow not stopping it. I find it absurd that the fact that we focus so much on indeviduals when it wouldn't matter who was doing the job.. The results would be much the same. I don't address pelosi directly, I ask what can Democrats do? But this isn't the place for it. Pelosi is shitting up her own image and angering the left all on her own. But it still doesn't account for every action Trump does being put at her feet when it has become evident there was no stopping trump in the first place.

Pelosi is catching shit here because after getting owned by the GOP and the Problem Solvers Caucus, she instead turned around and gave shit to AOC/Tlaib/Omar etc for continuing to support the Democratic version of the bill with humanitarian protections.

Even if you concede she had to support the GOP bill because of realpolitick or whatever there was nothing to stop her shutting the fuck up from dumping on AOC/Tlaib/Omar in her interview with Maureen Dowd in the NYT. Why do that?

And then on top of that, she now pulls everyone together and says please don't put our shit out in public like I just did for no reason.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi calling Pocan to apologize is peak Pelosi right there. Guy calls the party child abusers--and it's pretty hard to disagree with that notion when they vote to fund concentration camps where children have already died--and you all are whining about AOC rightly pointing out that Pelosi is constantly targeting 4 women of color. Fuck out of here.

This "pulling the race card" deflection is what I expect out of right-wingers getting called out for their racism.

If Pocan is telling the truth, and there's zero reason to believe he isn't, then it only proves every single thing AOC has said right. She personally calls Pocan to assure him she didn't mean to offend him, but apparently hasn't said anything to AOC about this shit.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Yep.

I mean props to Pocan, he's 100% right, but he also proves Pelosi is absolutely pulling her punches. But not with AOC.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah some of it does get a little bit much at times because there is a limit only one chamber of congress can do.

My issue with Pelosi isn't that she isn't successfully stopping Trump's every move, it's that her public messaging makes it seem like she isn't even interested to try to appear like she's interested while making heartless and/or clueless statements left and right.

I actually supported her for Speaker (and still do I guess if the only challenger is Tim Ryan) but holy shit she has been abysmal. Not as bad as Schumer sure but she's done a great job of setting up landmines and then walking into them.
That issue is really what belongs in this thread. And those issues are all on point. Again my post was for the ICE thread so it doesn't really belong here. When it comes to political strategy and pelosi's treatment of jr members all the critisism is warrented.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

bu bu but john lewis!

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Pelosi is catching shit here because after getting owned by the GOP and the Problem Solvers Caucus, she instead turned around and gave shit to AOC/Tlaib/Omar etc for continuing to support the Democratic version of the bill with humanitarian protections.

Even if you concede she had to support the GOP bill because of realpolitick or whatever there was nothing to stop her shutting the fuck up from dumping on AOC/Tlaib/Omar in her interview with Maureen Dowd in the NYT. Why do that?

And then on top of that, she now pulls everyone together and says please don't put our shit out in public like I just did for no reason.

This. Nancy's also catching a lot of heat from social media sites like Facebook & Twitter, because she isn't doing her fucking job like she should.
She needs to stop with the juvenile foolishness of fighting with everyone in her own party & get back to what's really at stake with this country here.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Democrat chances of winning the white house in 2020 you say ? Pretty Pretty Pretty good

ImportantAromaticDuiker-size_restricted.gif

watch the infighting be worse than 2016

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nah, I'm in favor of complete public financing for elections, but until that happens, I think the idea that a rich person can't support a progressive agenda is completely against the history of the country.

Please elaborate. I don't understand what you're saying here. You support rich people essentially bribing politicians by providing a disproportionate amount of campaign funding?

Sure. There could be some progressive rich people, but we know that in aggregate, a progressive agenda won't be supported. Why would it be, there's a clearly measurable financial incentive to not support it and support the opposite.

Donations by the wealthy and corporations don't lead to any progressive policy. We shouldn't live in fantasy land

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Do you all remember your civics classes about the checks and balances between the three branches; the executive, the judiciary and the faith leaders

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PREACH!! I have to constantly remind myself that ERA and Twitter aren't representative of the Democratic Party or else I'd go insane.

She's calling out people who share the same views and continuously attack centrists on Twitter who happen to be WoC. But then other democratic members call out how that notion is ridiculous but their opinions don't matter. So our opinions only matter when they align a certain way. Got it.

Well yes, in the realm of children dying in concentration camps, I'd say any opinion other than "this is abhorent we need to get them out now" is not worth listening too. If the Democratic Party is about throwing those who dare say Israel has lobbying power in America (they do) under a bus, refusing to do your job in impeaching and increasingly out of control president, and being content with, again, children dying in concentration camps, then the Democratic Party needs to burn with the Republican one.

Deleted member 15440

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the best part about shit like this are the people who blame "infighting" when the fascists win rather than the fact that the center is more dedicated to fighting the left than it is the right