• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 22490

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the best part about shit like this are the people who blame "infighting" when the fascists win rather than the fact that the center is more dedicated to fighting the left than it is the right
This here.

Although people should have known that Pelosi, Schumer, and others would not be confronting fascists when they kowtow to the fascist apartheid regime in Israel.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
the best part about shit like this are the people who blame "infighting" when the fascists win rather than the fact that the center is more dedicated to fighting the left than it is the right
'
I'll believe the left is actually interested in beating the fascists politically when they stop appearing on the fascists propaganda network, because they think it's the only reach out to the "true" working class.

Also, the only open fighting I've seen is from leftists attacking centrists for months, and now that centrists, like the 32nd most liberal member of Congress, engages in some sort of pushback, it's the end of the world.

But, I guess that makes sense. We're just supposed to "bend the knee" and let Cornel West, Chapo Trap House,, and Glenn Greenwald take over the Democratic Party.

This here.

Although people should have known that Pelosi, Schumer, and others would not be confronting fascists when they kowtow to the fascist apartheid regime in Israel.

So, when will leftists support actual Democratic elections in Venezuela and Cuba?

Oct 26, 2017
'
I'll believe the left is actually interested in beating the fascists politically when they stop appearing on the fascists propaganda network, because they think it's the only reach out to the "true" working class.

Also, the only open fighting I've seen is from leftists attacking centrists for months, and now that centrists, like the 32nd most liberal member of Congress, engages in some sort of pushback, it's the end of the world.

But, I guess that makes sense. We're just supposed to "bend the knee" and let Cornel West, Chapo Trap House,, and Glenn Greenwald take over the Democratic Party.

So, when will leftists support actual Democratic elections in Venezuela and Cuba?
This whole post is some disengenuous garbage.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
'

this is just a series of unrelated and disingenuous left-punching talking points sneeringly strung together. I mean, even more than usual for you.

But I guess when you get called out on your faux-woke John Lewis bullshit, anything to change the subject.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
'

You have an intentional warped and twisted view of leftists. There's no use in engaging with you.

There is use in pointing out that you're doing all of this in defense of centrists who have offered thoughts and prayers as weapons against the fascists

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You have an intentional warped and twisted view of leftists. There's no use in engaging with you.

There is use in pointing out that you're doing all of this in defense of centrists who have offered thoughts and prayers as weapons against the fascists

No, I'm defending liberals and progressives against attacks from sheltered leftists who have no political knowledge from before 9 seconds ago who think the path to winning to elections is to listen to 20-somethings in Brooklyn and San Francisco, as opposed to the actual base of the party. I have zero issues w/ AOC and the others voting against the funding bill.

Note, of the 90-something Democrat's who voted against the bill, not all of them took to Twitter to attack those who voted for it.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
No, I'm defending liberals and progressives against attacks from sheltered leftists who have no political knowledge from before 9 seconds ago who think the path to winning to elections is to listen to 20-somethings in Brooklyn and San Francisco, as opposed to the actual base of the party. I have zero issues w/ AOC and the others voting against the funding bill.

Note, of the 90-something Democrat's who voted against the bill, not all of them took to Twitter to attack those who voted for it.
You are still dodging the callout regarding your John Lewis statement.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY

hey so did you have a problem with Dem leadership trying to destroy the career of a black Muslim woman with false allegations of antisemitism or not

I mean, if you're so concerned with defending Democrats from intraparty attacks and all

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So in your mind, unity is fighting Trump? Because those 20-somethings in Brooklyn and San Francisco actually do things to expose the cruelties of Trump like say visit the camps and use her social whatever to bring the horrible conditions to the national eye, repeatedly bring in witnesses to the house to testify about the horrific things they have experienced, spend most of today using her social whatever to spread awareness to those being targeting in the upcoming strikes how to defend themselves. For all your insisting that AOC and the ilk are harming the party by not fighting Trump, it seems AOC (and others, she isn't the only one of course and I commend those who do anything to fight this, not just the progressives) is doing more than Pelosi to fight the republican threat.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what's with all these gross young people stinking up the progressive movement standing up for what's right and shit

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Which leftists in particular?

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Fighting Trump means funding his concentration camps? What a peculiar way of "fighting". Giving you political opponents everything they want doesn't fall under "opposition" in any dictionary I've read. But I'm just a dumb, naive leftist that isn't pragmatic, so what do I know.

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I will say that as a very progressive person, seeing the far-left twitter has made be completely stop labeling myself as "left leaning"...

I'm just gonna follow my own values.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have the bold and fresh ideas such as speaking at AIPAC and writing bills to admonish a black Muslim woman.

Exactly!!! That's precisely the kind of leadership that energizes people to come out in record numbers and leads to a surge in voter participation. Glad to see someone around here with some sense. I don't know how these idiot leftist populists think their ideas are going to accomplish what our brave Democratic Leaders are very clearly accomplishing every day.

Not to mention, Pelosi and Schumer are leading the #resistance boldly by

-checks notes-

doing whatever the right wants almost 100% of the time

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Centrist machine defense mechanism broke

Beep boop

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So as far as the Black Political Pokedex goes:

The Right has Martin Luther King and Darryl Davis Pokemon Cards.

Centrists have a new Black friend in John Lewis.

What ancient art do non-Blacks practice, where they've learned to wield Black people as weapons?

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
maybe you're just not as progressive as you thought you were, then

I don't really have anything to prove to you,
but i'll say the american brand of right-wing politics is straight up cancer and the people saying "both sides are bad" are delusional.

i'm just not a fan of getting mad at other people for not being as progressive as me :/

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
I will say that as a very progressive person, seeing the far-left twitter has made be completely stop labeling myself as "left leaning"...

Or maybe you weren't really that progressive to begin with if you can be swayed out of your political opinions by a few people on twitter.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But really though, it's understandable (if regrettable) that some people are scared/worried by the increasingly polarized opinions out there. Most regular people would probably prefer the political discourse to be less vitriolic and hateful, because the current situation indicates that there's something seriously wrong in the U.S.

And, the situation is fucked all to hell, how you choose to deal with that fact is entirely on the individual.
Some people will just not have the drive or capacity to enter into this really ugly and tiring struggle.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
'

You're right! We should totally listen to the centrist and moderate wing of the party that's been leading the party for years now. That's what led us to a historic victory in 2016 for President Hillary Clinton.

Seriously, when will you realize the hubris of trying to appeal to white moderates? Leftist policies are popular! People find them palatable and no one ever holds the right or moderate left to accord the way they do the left. It is almost like the ruling class has an interest in maintaining the status quo!

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Or maybe you weren't really that progressive to begin with if you can be swayed out of your political opinions by a few people on twitter.

Isn't this ironic.
My progressiveness being "called out" because I don't like to lump myself with the more aggressive/hostile members of the far-left.

I guess i have lived long enough to become the villain.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, if your principles can be so easily swayed by social media drudgery, then eventually something else would have come up for you to use as an excuse.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this ironic.
My progressiveness being "called out" because I don't like to lump myself with the more aggressive/hostile members of the far-left.

To be fair, it is a little suspect for somebody to come in here vaguely calling themselves a progressive and then attacking an even vaguer target of "twitter leftists"

And I get being angry at those types. Despite his obvious flaws as a candidate and the reality that we do have a better congresswoman in Lucy McBath now, it was disheartening as somebody living in GA-06 during the 2017 special election to see twitter leftists doing Karen Handle's work for her by spreading FUD about John Ossoff "not living in the district" due to their (partially justified) dissatisfaction with him as a candidate. As annoyed as I may have been at them, I'm not going to let a few obnoxious people on twitter cause me to disown the left, nor is it going to have me trying to equate them to the more insidious kind of shit the center is doing at the moment.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this ironic.

I think you're making yourself the villain, creating conflict when there isn't necessarily any as of now. The hostile left that you see isn't that large and most of them are rightfully frustrated with the party and are tired of seeing politicians and other liberals desire incrementalism and the former status quo.

And hey, maybe you aren't as progressive as you think. You haven't stated what you stand for. All you did is say that you're "very progressive". Personally, I would know what "very progressive" means to you.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

Didn't you say in the death penalty thread you found the thought of slowly driving someone insane in solitary confinement satisfying?

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't you say in the death penalty thread you found the thought of slowly driving someone insane in solitary confinement satisfying?
Whaaaa?

Shot:

Chaser
No, because death is actually a pretty light punishment. Especially for crazy people who think they're going to go to heaven.
I'm of the opinion that solitary confinement is a far better punishment.
Being locked in a cage for all of your life and slowly losing your mind as you relive the experience every day?
that's a lot more satisfying.

Yeah, you ain't no progressive

Deleted member 10551

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're right! We should totally listen to the centrist and moderate wing of the party that's been leading the party for years now. That's what led us to a historic victory in 2016 for President Hillary Clinton.

Seriously, when will you realize the hubris of trying to appeal to white moderates? Leftist policies are popular! People find them palatable and no one ever holds the right or moderate left to accord the way they do the left. It is almost like the ruling class has an interest in maintaining the status quo!

The only way we're going to prove them popular is by winning the Dem primary- and that means destroying Biden (and Buttigieg, who is just as to the right)

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Very progressive person"
giphy.gif

Raonak

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Are you guys trying to argue that a progressive person would actually be FOR the death penalty???
It's the worst possible option out of all options...

What does progressive mean to you guys?

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
Are you guys trying to argue that a progressive person would actually be FOR the death penalty???

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think what you'll find is that the position of the people you are speaking with is "we do not support the death penalty, and we also do not find it personally satisfying to think about torturing people for life, and would instead prefer a system where we try to rehabilitate criminals with the eventual goal of re-introducing them into society"

the framework you're presenting of "well you're either pro-torture or pro-death penalty" is uh... very telling

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Uh, generally progressives are against the death penalty because of the cruel and unjust nature of the punishment.
Abolishing the death penalty to increase the suffering means you kind of missed the point of it.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

How can it be the worst possible option to you and a relatively light sentence at the same time