• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JordanKZ

Oct 27, 2017
One day before release, now we're all invited to pay £10~ more on the eshop...

We at NIS America Inc. would like to thank all of you for your continued enthusiasm and consideration for this title. We sincerely appreciate the support that you have shown Penny-Punching Princess as well as the anticipation that you have demonstrated for the title. While we are excitedly counting down the hours until we can share this amazing title with the United Kingdom digitally, we have a solemn update to present regarding the physical release on Nintendo Switchtm.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Standard Edition physical release of Penny-Punching Princess will not be available in the UK region.

It was brought to our attention that the orders for this title would not be able to be fulfilled by their proper release date. In response to this issue, we worked tirelessly to correct this matter. With all options considered, the only viable option left was to cancel the United Kingdom physical release of the Standard Edition of Penny-Punching Princess.

Once again, we would like to extend our personal thanks for your support of this title and our company, and hope that you continue to look forward to its Nintendo Switchtm and PS Vita digital releases on Friday.

Please note that this occurrence was isolated to the United Kingdom, and will not impact the availability in Europe and Australia. The title will still be available digitally for the United Kingdom.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Incredibly vague bs from them to be perfectly honest.

Not paying £40 digitally, so guess I'll import from EU at some point.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
How can you cancel a physical release a day before it goes on sale? Surely everything would have had to been made and sent to shops weeks ago?

Turrican3

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
It was brought to our attention that the orders for this title would not be able to be fulfilled by their proper release date

I don't get this.
I mean, why don't they just... issue a delay statement and call it a day?!

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
"We couldn't make the release date so we cancelled the whole thing"? And made no mention of any problems until the literal day before? Yeah, that's not sketchy at all, lol.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they just set themselves up for people to just wait for a sale on this one then. I know that's what I would do.

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I got my Amazon UK cancellation email this morning. I guess I'll have to order it from another amazon EU site.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
"Unforeseen circumstances"

Really...? You couldn't foresee that if you didn't press any copies of the game, then you'd have nothing to ship to retailers?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how even the top seller in the UK retail market have trouble to sell copies I can't really blame them.

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is going on with this country :(
First it's Omega Labyrinth, now it's this

It's not a good time to be a niche gamer

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
This sucks for UK buyers.

Even though it's still getting a physical release in Australia it's $60 which is quite steep and $15 more than on the eShop anyway.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm a little baffled they didn't just delay the physical release. Or that this wasn't communicated earlier.

Sakujou

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
guess what: someone forgot to order the physical shipment to the warehouses. now they try to cover the coleteral damage.

nothing less.

a friend of mine works at deep silver and this literally happened at their place too several times. the last time this happened was the kingdom come deliverance fiasco when the game showed up for 2ct or something on the psn in indonesia.