• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Saturday the Pentagon released the first wave of material collected during the run of the Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program (2007-2012, officially). The military, specifically the Navy, collected reports of incidents from as early as 2004 to as late as 2012 that no explanation could be found for.

Two videos were released of footage taken from military aircraft that show objects performing impossible maneuvers and exhibiting odd properties.

This first video was taken in 2004 by two F/A-18s near the Nimitz in Southern California. The objects were being tracked on Navy radar for two weeks before being sighted.

This second video is from the same incident.

One particular story has some interesting details.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/unidentified-flying-object-navy.html?referer=

Hovering 50 feet above the churn was an aircraft of some kind — whitish — that was around 40 feet long and oval in shape. The craft was jumping around erratically, staying over the wave disturbance but not moving in any specific direction, Commander Fravor said. The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling.
"We were at least 40 miles away, and in less than a minute this thing was already at our cap point," Commander Fravor, who has since retired from the Navy, said in the interview.

Apparently physical evidence was recovered from some of the sightings.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/us/politics/pentagon-program-ufo-harry-reid.html?referer=

Under Mr. Bigelow's direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Researchers also studied people who said they had experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects and examined them for any physiological changes. In addition, researchers spoke to military service members who had reported sightings of strange aircraft.

One consistent part of these sightings is their connection with the ocean. The objects have been sighted coming from high altitude down to near sea level, sighted coming out of the ocean and into the upper atmosphere before vanishing. The Pentagon does not believe that there are the work of foreign military and has ruled out mechanical interference or error, natural phenomena like birds, or military assets.

So what the fuck is going on?

Unknown military or private craft, an unknown atmospheric organism, some other unknown human craft, and very unlikely possibility of alien craft.

Oh and don't bother posting if you are going to do some one liner or meme driveby.

Last edited:

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems to act like something being tugged along that under its own propulsion. The fact its near the sea might be more to do with just being within US borders?

Drop it; let the wind drag it over ghe area you are interested in then pulley across the area at a great distance that prevents uou bring detected.

Bit of a jump but it looks to be pulled.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: I see we need to be serious.

In answer to your questions, I'm not sure.
What I don't get is why this isn't getting more attention. This isn't some yokel taking a vertical video. These are straight from the Pentagon, taken with state of the art capture equipment on military aircraft. These are real objects doing impossible shit that the military can't figure out what they are.

This should be massive international news. I bet this is only the beginning of what we get.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's happening boys, I really want to see contact with extraterrestrials before I die.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
There was a really great episode of the NYT Daily Podcast on this today. It's certainly... interesting, and way more credible than any other "UFO" story I can recall. They interview the guy who headed up this program, and he basically said "there's more where that came from" in terms of videos/instances of similar encounters.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
We have possibly the greatest, most credible disclosure of whatever this tech even is by the US F'IN MILITARY themselves, yet news headlines are dominated by dumb nominees withdrawing. The whole thing didn't play out quite like what I had imagined in my head. No missiles fired, no defcon red raised, no PhD scientists rushed into a helicopter to make sense of it, no people gathering on city squares to watch these videos on giant screens, no dad packing his family to a car. Just an apathic shrug.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm kinda partial to the theory that this sort of thing is misdirection.

But then I can't figure if 'they' are actually competant to do that sort of stuff anymore.

I would hazard a guess at experimental drones?
It aint aliens; unless their entire culture is based around travelling countless light years just to make the occasional drive-by some dumb apes.

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't understand why this story doesn't have more traction. It's from the fucking Pentagon. Not exactly conspiracy theorist central.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I have no idea of what it is, but it's fascinating.

Logically speaking, it's hard to believe that our planet is the only inhabited one given the sheer size of space and everything that's being discovered. There's so much we haven't seen, been able to explore and cannot get to. The odds are just overwhelming.

Oct 26, 2017
What I don't get is why this isn't getting more attention. This isn't some yokel taking a vertical video. These are straight from the Pentagon, taken with state of the art capture equipment on military aircraft. These are real objects doing impossible shit that the military can't figure out what they are.

This should be massive international news. I bet this is only the beginning of what we get.
People too preoccupied with memes.

Seriously though, these accounts and videos have awakened a strange sense of wonder in me, that I haven't felt in over 20 years.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017

But then I can't figure if 'they' are actually competant to do that sort of stuff anymore.

It aint aliens; unless their entire culture is based around travelling countless light years just to make the occasional drive-by some dumb apes.
This doesnt explain the unidentifiable alien alloy from this, that people are reporting physiological effects from coming into contact with it. Thats apparently being kept in Las Vegas. Again these aren't whack jobs, this is info from the Pentagon and US Airforce written by two pullitzer prize winning journalists published by the New York Times.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

because it comes from the Pentagon without much fanfare. There is also no official request for help in identification, right?
So without Fanfare, no help request, just some years old, and deemed not important to national security, why should that be special news?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Straight from them, huh? I'm interested. Can't say much but be interested in more news being released and more footage being released.

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017

I disagree. We humans are sending out probes to investigate what we can reach of the universe right now. If we had warp drives — which physics says are theoretically possible — you'd better believe we'd be sending probes out to the universe, and probably manned ships as well. It's no stretch to believe aliens would do the same.

It's still unlikely it's aliens. I'm just saying behaviorally it's not hard to believe. They wouldn't need their entire culture to be explorers, just a small part of it would suffice. We also have no idea how fast warp drives could go. If it only takes a few days to get across the galaxy, why not travel to study what's there?

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
That last part of the 2nd video tho

"object suddenly and instantaneously accelerates to the left out of view of the sensor at what appears to be an unprecedented velocity"

I believe humans are like an ant thinking it knows the world(shitty analogy I know).

Ballistik

Oct 26, 2017

Maybe they are advanced... and maybe they are well aware of our existence and are just studying us, they fly around to examine us closer but do not want to make contact to ruin their observations. They know how to avoid being detected so we are just being watched without our knowledge. And all this time we think we are alone but there's actually a massive alien world purposely hiding from us.

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
A bug stuck on the lens? The aircraft is at 20,000ft and the object is emitting infra-red radiation. It can not be a bug, surely.

Rum Diet

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
something that intelligent to arrive here from somewhere else wouldn't get detected unless they wanted to, and if they did want to then what's the point not showing yourself completely?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly is an "unidentified alloy"? A mix of metals we haven't yet created on Earth? How is that even possible.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
This doesnt explain the unidentifiable alien alloy from this, that people are reporting physiological effects from coming into contact with it. Thats apparently being kept in Las Vegas. Again these aren't whack jobs, this is info from the Pentagon and US Airforce written by two pullitzer prize winning journalists published by the New York Times.
I don't mean to disput that it's not in fact happening.
Nor do I question anyone's sanity.
I'd just sooner believe it's something of Earthly orign; whether it's a stunt for whatever reason, or it is a genuine secret technological military thing.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The reason this isn't huge news is because it's a couple videos that show stuff we can't identify, which is a curiosity sure but not groundbreaking, and some stories no one believes about alien alloys and mysterious effects on humans. It's the same thing we see countless times where a kernel of truth, a weird video or eyewitness account, that spirals into dubious claims further and further divorced from any reproducible evidence.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean to disput that it's not in fact happening.
Nor do I question anyone's sanity.
I'd just sooner believe it's something of Earthly orign; whether it's a stunt for whatever reason, or it is a genuine secret technological military thing.
Yeah, I'd say aliens are the last on the list of possible explanations, right after humans from the future. But regardless this shows a tech level unmatched by known science.

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Test crafts from other military programs. Has to be. Doesn't make sense to be aliens.

But I won't lie, it's certainly intriguing.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Maybe those are drones from the Zentraedi Cruiser that currently is flying through our Solar System.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
How did they recover a metallic alloy? Did they shoot it? Over the ocean?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
nxS3FUM.jpg

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A bug stuck on the lens? The aircraft is at 20,000ft and the object is emitting infra-red radiation. It can not be a bug, surely.
Again, I don't think it is a bug, I am saying that was my first thought since it doesn't move at all in the frame. That said, bugs emit heat so why wouldn't they show up on FLIR?

Clockwork

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wisconsin
Am I missing something? Is that first video legit? I mean is there another source? An upload by "Warrior Poet" doesn't really instill confidence.

The video I watched in the NYT article was much more underwhelming.

Oct 25, 2017
The reason this isn't huge news is because it's a couple videos that show stuff we can't identify, which is a curiosity sure but not groundbreaking, and some stories no one believes about alien alloys and mysterious effects on humans. It's the same thing we see countless times where a kernel of truth, a weird video or eyewitness account, that spirals into dubious claims further and further divorced from any reproducible evidence.

I'm not trying to be an alien proponent but there's a pretty big difference between someone's shaky iphone video and the advanced hardware on a F/A-18. If I had to ponder an uneducated guess I would wager it being some kind of double-blind test/experiment. Perhaps the military wants to see if the latest tech/system they've come up with could fool themselves or they're just testing pilots on how they handle unexpected or unplanned events/results? I dunno, it seems to go a bit beyond normal artifacting or mechanical errors.

Last edited:

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
Again, I don't think it is a bug, I am saying that was my first thought since it doesn't move at all in the frame. That said, bugs emit heat so why wouldn't they show up on FLIR?

I get you. As for the bug, the aircraft is travelling at 0.55mach at 20k feet. The bug would be dead. Or am I being too simplistic here? Genuinely curious.