• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? Vastly noticeable improvements 6 months before release?

Surely you all would have no problem providing receipts.

Like I said, check era, we have plenty of thread on the matter, Nintendo is famous for this, their games first showing never impress and they improve close to release.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Want proof? Go pull the reveal thread for Sword and Shield and see how far people were willing to defend the game BEFORE the bad news hit

This is true. A legion of Pokemon fans came for me TWICE for our sword and shield analyses just because I was critical of the graphics. It's amazing to see this transformation.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I really hope they learn from the backlash about the National Dex this time around and allow themselves more devtime or resources next time. But I have a bad feeling they'll just dig in their heels and continue the same way they've been going, since sales are probably going to be fine.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
He was tweeting about being attacked and the toxicity of the pokemon community and so in response you say as a leader he needs to do more and explain what to do. Like it his fault the community doesn't know how not to be toxic shit heads. Like come on the first comment to his tweet really shows the issues here.

Because he was telling people to be better. I was asking him what people should do instead. How you got to me victim blaming him for people being shitty is baffling. Like I told him I felt bad about how this was shit happening to him. Like read my posts again.

Jan 10, 2018
I always never wondered 'will there ever be something worse than MyNintendoNews?' and I can say that Nintendosoup does indeed scream loudly 'its me!'

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
This is true. A legion of Pokemon fans came for me TWICE for my sword and shield analyses just because I was critical of the graphics. It's amazing to see this transformation.

The agenda is clear

Now the critics are valuable (whether they understand the current controversy or not) to use as meat for the army and bolster the numbers to put more heat on Game freak

Naw im going a bit to far here but Ive seen how viral outrage can be on a big community like era

You start seeing threads multiply and go deeper and deeper into smaller and more specific topics

Its about keeping eyes and minds focused on this so people dont forget and move on

Ok ill get off my conspiracy wagon now ;p

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
59zpebet5rlz.jpg

Splatoon 2 got a resolution bump from 720p to dynamic 1080p and improvements in lighting and ink effects

Luigi's Mansion comparisons are all over E3 threads

The first screen was unveiled more than a year before the game release. Resolution bumps are nice but they're not from the ground up graphical improvements.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GameFreak is mismanaged. They're struggling so much with HD development because the higher-ups seem to refuse expanding or seeking assistance from outside the company. The developers themselves are working really hard, but those at the top don't seem to care that they're having difficulty with something the rest of the game developing world had figured out a decade ago because of the continuous profits Pokemon brings even in its current state.

Apa504

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edited due to Mod post.

That screenshot is of a Korok seed puzzle where the trees look the same aside from the amount of apples. It serves the gameplay.

Xenoblade 2 had big improvements too:

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh right, so yeah, almost every Nintendo game gets improvements closer to launch.

Deleted member 5148

Oct 25, 2017
Serious Questions for a none pokemon fan and as someone who wanted pokemon sword to be his first pokemon game.

who is game freak?
what is the pokemon company?

and doesn't nintendo not own all these companies?

why not just say Nintendo, when referring to the making of thia new pokemon game?

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Because he was telling people to be better. I was asking him what people should do instead. How you got to me victim blaming him for people being shitty is baffling. Like I told him I felt bad about how this was shit happening to him. Like read my posts again.
I did. You said you felt bad for what was happening to him in the situation, but then went on how he could improve himself in this same situation. But if you say you weren't trying to fine, guess I misunderstood your intentions. Sorry for the confusion.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Serious Questions for a none pokemon fan and as someone who wanted pokemon sword to be his first pokemon game.

who is game freak?

why not just say Nintendo, when referring to the making of thia new pokemon game?
Gamefreak is the main developer for the Pokemon games.
Pokemon Company is the publisher for the games and own a majority of the IP.
Nintendo owns a small portion of the IP, so they don't have 100% say in everything.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
They could be making a game like that in the background concurrent to their annualized handheld style entries.

So they need 300+ people to make that in the background and it could get delayed or rebooted wasting even more money and the 100+ to make the annualized games? Let's add some Monolith Soft devs to help with world building Add the other team that is making Town and any other games they are making right now and it easily goes towards 1000. Add all the money that gets spent on marketing as well and you get to a point where they are not making much, if any money.

This is true. A legion of Pokemon fans came for me TWICE for my sword and shield analyses just because I was critical of the graphics. It's amazing to see this transformation.

Yep, and that's why (on the whole), it has nothing to do with graphics. We know the graphics aren't the best on the system, we don't even need your great analysis to see that.

We're talking about GameFreak here, a company known for cutting corners on the most profitable games ever

Who improved the lighting in their last game, close to release. Who have improved the graphics of Sword/Shield from Feb build to E3 build as per Brainchild's video.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

who is game freak?

Say for example if From Soft made a game (series) that was then published by Bandai-Namco who then subsequently owned the rights to all of the following video game releases but the series became so wildly successful that it necessitated its own separate company to turn it into a multi-media money making machine called oh I dunno the Elden Ring Company- that's Pokemon. Just:

FS= GF
BN= Nintendo
TERC= TPC

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

who is game freak?

Nintendo owns 33% of the IP plus the trademarks, GameFreak (the actual devs) owns another 33%, and Creatures Inc. the remaining. The Pokémon Company is just what manages the IP as a whole.
We're talking about GameFreak here, a company known for cutting corners on the most profitable games ever
The second trailer was improved from the first already. All their past games showed improvements closer to release too.

Superking

Oct 25, 2017

who is game freak?

- Game Freak is the developer of the main line Pokemon games. They've been making them since the first one. Nintendo publishes the games.
- The Pokemon Company is a separate entity created by Nintendo to handle all Pokemon licensing and merchandising.
- Not sure why Nintendo hasn't bought GF up until this point, so that's a good question.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trees do look pretty bad. Compared to how good the pokemon look in the game it is a pretty unusual and drastic difference that doesn't make that much sense.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo owns a small portion of the IP, so they don't have 100% say in everything.

I don't think TPC really "owns" anything. The IP is owned in equal parts by Nintendo, GF and Creatures (with Nintendo also owning the trademarks).

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, the trees stood out to me from the treehouse footage. I don't think anyone should expect GameFreak to be putting out detailed worlds on par with Breath of the Wild or Xenoblade 2 though.
Why is that? Why does the developer of one of the most successful video game franchises always get held to such a low standard? The most common defense is that they're not used to making console games...but they've made multiple HD games now. Then there's the "they're a small team!" excuse, which doesn't fly imo given the obscene amounts of money they make. They can afford to increase their team size.

They've really run out of excuses. There's no reason games like Yokai Watch 4 (which might make a tenth of what a Pokemon game does) should look so much better.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is the one with the biggest share actually. The Pokémon Company doesn't own anything, it was just setup by all 3 owners.

Deleted member 5148

Oct 25, 2017

Mind blown.

so what other games game has game freak developed?

And has the pokemon company always been its own thing?

Oct 26, 2017
Does it even matter bringing up old projects and how they changed from one trailer to the next? I'm 100% certain when we saw BOTW, and Xenoblade 2 release their trailers, we thought it looked okay, but left the possibility that the graphics could improve.

Pokemon is going to release in about 5 months, there's no way things will suddenly look better. Not to mention, they continue their trend of cutting content. I for one, am glad that they are finally getting pushback.

Oct 27, 2017
The first screen was unveiled more than a year before the game release. Resolution bumps are nice but they're not from the ground up graphical improvements.
No it wasn't...that's from the Switch reveal trailer (January 2017) and Odyssey released that October. The very first Switch trailer ever was only a year and a few days before Odyssey's release and it didn't feature Peach at all

Apa504

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon is going to release in about 5 months, there's no way things will suddenly look better. Not to mention, they continue their trend of cutting content. I for one, am glad that they are finally getting pushback.

Yes there is, and the E3 build is surely a few months old.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is that? Why does the developer of one of the most successful video game franchises always get held to such a low standard? The most common defense is that they're not used to making console games...but they've made multiple HD games now. Then there's the "they're a small team!" excuse, which doesn't fly imo given the obscene amounts of money they make. They can afford to increase their team size.

They've really run out of excuses. There's no reason games like Yokai Watch 4 (which might make a tenth of what a Pokemon game does) should look so much better.

So, am I allowed to like or enjoy this game or am I just a shill if I do? Because the way this thread has been going, it seems that if I do enjoy this game (or the 3DS games) I'm either a person who never played the true classics (I've been here since Gen I), a person who is a shill because how dare I enjoy a game other people don't, or someone too stupid to see how this truly the worst game of all time. And quite frankly, it's making me depressed.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo couldn't even make the Zelda: LA remake 60 fps, and that's from a series that Nintendo tries to provide above average graphics.

Anyone who thinks Pokeyman is going to suddenly become beautiful in 5 months is huffing paint.

Apa504

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo couldn't even make the Zelda: LA remake 60 fps, and that's from a series that Nintendo tries to provide above average graphics for.

Anyone who thinks Pokeyman is going to suddenly become beautiful in 5 months is huffing paint.

So you are just going to ignore the proof. Ok then.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Looks better than Fire Emblem (low bar, but still) and certainly isn't miles behind everything else except BOTW and Xenoblade.

I don't think this looks better than FE, tbh. The worst in that still looks better than OoT Tree. And it is really behind BOTW and especially Xenoblade. SwSh was never a looker but the Wild Area in particular looks super bad

Status
Not open for further replies.