• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Well I just put an order in for a 'Sluggo is lit' shirt, MrsBS picking up the 'mood' shirt.

I'm trying hard not to post every comic every day, this one from the past couple of days I loved, one of the few where Fritzi isn't being terrorised like here!

EsdiwNt.gif

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Finished reading the Nancy Loves Sluggo collection. Wanted to buy myself a copy but damn, this thing is hard to find. They need to reprint it.

Some more highlights.

V4ek987.png

BxddX9r.png

tOOhGxf.jpg

VU005lq.png

xwGmLr2.png

For Sluggo is lit week.

udoBwdH.png

h0Nygsz.jpg

9BdvNam.png

So this thread lead me to the great new Olivia Jaimes Nancy comics, but also to the original Bushmiller comics which really struck a chord with me. Enough that I went out and bought this book, How to Read Nancy: The Elements of Comics in Three Easy Panels by Paul Karasik and Mark Newgarden.
h5pQMoS.jpg

I recommend it to anyone with even a passing interest in Nancy. It's a huge book that has an incredible amount of research put into it. It also has a collection of fantastic original Bushmiller Nancy strips in it.

Picked this up from the library earlier this week!

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
Finished reading the Nancy Loves Sluggo collection. Wanted to buy myself a copy but damn, this thing is hard to find. They need to reprint it.
Yeah! I actually emailed Fantagraphics about a reprint of Nancy Loves Sluggo and Nancy is Happy, they replied to me:
We currently do not have any plans for reprinting these volumes, but as the fandom for Nancy rises we may need to.
So if anyone else is also interested in them, emailing to let you know your interest is probably a good idea :) I really hope they can do a reprint.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah! I actually emailed Fantagraphics about a reprint of Nancy Loves Sluggo and Nancy is Happy, they replied to me:

So if anyone else is also interested in them, emailing to let you know your interest is probably a good idea :) I really hope they can do a reprint.

Will do! I've bugged them before for the Krazy Kat reprints too. Funnily enough, Nancy Loves Sluggo was orderable on their website two weeks ago. I went back the next day and the whole page was gone. -_-

I set an alert on eBay for them too. Picked up Nancy is Happy for a decent price. Plan to start on that next.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I went to Half Price Books tonight thinking I might score a cheap Nancy reprint volume from Fantagraphics and struck out. Damn.