• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Chq3wPfl.jpg

just came in. nice quality and everything.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Read this whole topic from start to finish. This post made me chuckle:

Needs to start doing this more just to spite them now.

"Oh cool hoverboard, Nancy!"

"Yolo!"

Because the mental image of it, and how pissed off it would make the old readers made me laugh.

So then when THIS comic actually happened:

sluggo is lit

gn70Eis.gif

Apologies for the double. Usually I'm not a huge fan of the meta comics but this is fantastic.

Holy shit I died laughing. That last panel, with the aunt all covered up from head to toe, just fucking killed me. LMFAOOOOO.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
By the way, I recently read "How to Read Nancy" and it was as great as I was lead to believe by the people mentioning it in this thread. I particularly enjoyed the first section on the story of the strip.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
There's an extensive Vulture interview with Olivia Jaimes that came out today:

Why did you decide to lead off your run on the comic with the strip about Nancy eating corn bread?
I went back and I looked at the end of [previous "Nancy" cartoonist] Guy Gilchrist's run. Nancy as a character had drifted from where I envision her, in that the Nancy I know and love is a total jerk and also gluttonous and also has big feelings and voraciously consumes her world. And I was like, I need to do a character-reset week. Just kinda being like, Here's who Nancy's gonna be right now. And also, I love corn bread. So, that's it. That's the reason. I wanted to reset expectations and pay homage to my favorite food.

How "Sluggo is Lit" came about:

And then I was like, Actually, what are the panels that would most upset the person who likes me the least? The most upsetting panel to somebody who's like, "Nancy sucks now"? I actually went to Shena because I don't read the comments. Shena was like, "Oh, definitely have a panel that's all phones." And then I'd been joking with her at the very beginning about how I was going to make Fritzi [who wore very formfitting outfits in the Gilchrist era] wear a parka, and she was like, "People would hate that." But then I was like, the incarnation of what I imagine my greatest hater would despise most is Nancy interacting with every piece of technology using words you don't understand. So, yeah, that's where that one came from.

Go read the whole thing, it's great, including the details of how and why she decided to appear in person recently.