• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lashman

Oct 25, 2017
People Can Fly is happy to announce the expansion of its development teams, with the opening of two new studios; People Can Fly UK based in Newcastle, UK and second studio in Poland, People Can Fly Rzeszow.

Opened in September 2017, the Newcastle studio aims to bring UK expertise into the team, with former Ubisoft staff and veteran developers bringing a wealth of knowledge to the studio.

ew5qi6e.jpg

A popular and vibrant city, Newcastle is the northern hub of video games development in the UK, with other AAA studios such as Ubisoft Reflections and Sumo, a wide range of indie developers, and local Universities such as Teesside, Newcastle and Northumbria hosting a variety of top flight games courses.

Working alongside the main PCF Warsaw studio and PCF UK is the recently opened Rzeszów studio with around 30 developers that worked on Sniper: Ghost Warrior frenchise.

Rzeszow is a growing gaming hub in the southern part of Poland, with many game studios, technical universities that offer gaming and VR courses, and a strong community of gaming enthusiasts.

Since People Can Fly became an independent studio again, our ambition has been to build a team of talented and experienced developers that can develop the best AAA games. We decided in 2017 to open a new studio in Newcastle, the UK, to attract not only local talent, but also to attract the best developers within the UK. We want this team to grow to 20-30 developers within the next 12-18 months. When CI Games decided to restructure its operations, we immediately decided to open a new studio in Rzeszów to allow those great developers to keep on working together as a team, and to contribute to the game we're working on. Our intention is to give both new studios, in Newcastle and in Rzeszów, the opportunity to work on features or part of the game independently from the Warsaw team – says Sebastian Wojciechowski, CEO, People Can Fly.

All three studios and over 150 developers are currently working on a new IP, a AAA shooter developed alongside Square Enix.

People Can Fly are currently hiring for a variety of roles, in all locations. For more information and to view all available positions, please go to the website: peoplecanfly.com/career

People Can Fly Opens Two new Studios in the UK and Poland

creamcake

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely adore People Can Fly. I feel like it's been a minute since we've seen anything from them, but I'm optimistic given Square Enix's track record working with third party studios.

Sweet new building.

Vaibhav

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
Thats good to know. Rare to see big indie studios expanding like this. Hope their new ip is successful.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see UK studio's opening

i wonder what their Square Enix game is

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any hints on what they are working on for Square?

Could it be something Marvel related?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
They had some weird situation with Epic a while back. Glad to see they've seemingly recovered though they lost their founder who went on to make the Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
All that Fortnite Money.... Glad to see them giving hope and new opportunities in jobs.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
That's a weird building. This is good to hear though, I'm excited to see what they produce next, SE is an interesting partner.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

The multiplayer focus just deflated my interest but maybe there's a decent campaign to go along with it.
Looking at the postings again, it could plausibly be one and the same (as in a co-op campaign FPS), but it's a bit vague there and some of the old postings that gave me impressions in either direction are gone now.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the postings again, it could plausibly be one and the same (as in a co-op campaign FPS), but it's a bit vague there and some of the old postings that gave me impressions in either direction are gone now.

Yeah most probably it will be something in the vein of Destiny or The Division. Square has nothing like it at the moment.

Gargantua

Banned
May 8, 2018
I love them!
Well I guess if they are expanding is for the better (hope they don't take too much of a risk)

X Wi77iaM X

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
these guys are really great, judgment have great ideas around spawn system, agressive IA and side objectives, sorry for the game being ignored because the negative critics about narrative ( meh )...

Kaxi

Oct 30, 2017
Poland
Good for them!

Although I was under the impression that game design studios in the UK are closing, not opening. Seems like a huge investment, especially when taking the pound <> Polish zloty exchange rate into account.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
I went all Nirolak on their new (Newcastle-based) job postings and I think there's a few interesting bits, at least..

We are looking for an AI Programmer, able to expand AI systems provided by UE4, as well as create new robust solutions. This person will also work with artists and designers on behavior of high variety of non-player characters, bringing to life memorable enemies (including bosses!) of all shapes and sizes.

Emphasis mine. The fact they are looking for two AI programmers to work on NPCs, including bosses, suggests this is at least not a purely multiplayer game like Fortnite (which they worked on previously) or trying to compete with Overwatch-like games.

People Can Fly is looking for a Senior VFX Artist.

This person will be responsible for:

Creating ambient environment effects that enhance mood, tell a story, and make the world feel alive

Working with the designers to create effects for scripted events and story moments

Creating gameplay effects that make the world feel exciting, and that give the player necessary gameplay feedback

Working with the lighting department to create atmosphere, a sense of depth in the scene, and to reinforce the color palette.

Creating high-fidelity effects for cinematics and marketing material

Innovating new techniques for next-gen hardware, and work with the engineers to expand the vfx toolset

Again, emphasis mine. Seems like they will at least have some form of campaign.

I don't know if people care, but this has kept the game on my radar, at least.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I went all Nirolak on their new (Newcastle-based) job postings and I think there's a few interesting bits, at least..

Emphasis mine. The fact they are looking for two AI programmers to work on NPCs, including bosses, suggests this is at least not a purely multiplayer game like Fortnite (which they worked on previously) or trying to compete with Overwatch-like games.

Again, emphasis mine. Seems like they will at least have some form of campaign.

I don't know if people care, but this has kept the game on my radar, at least.
Good finds. Definitely would have a campaign of some sort.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
June last year was their initial partnership announcement, so still way too soon to see this and Project Istolia at their E3 presentation :(

... Then again, it's Square, so you never know. Either way, their lineup for the next few years is very exciting.