• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I live In rural Ma across the street from a pond. It's a nice day today and there are so many people walking around it's surprising. There usually isn't this many people outside until Summer weekends. A lot of people fishing.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I've been enjoying the nature walk and urban explorer videos on youtube lately. The ones without commentary always have a slightly eerie feel to them.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I see a lot of people out and about when I drive out to get my take-out.

It's certainly doesn't seem like the brightest idea, particularly when I saw at least a dozen people on a soccer field.

People really don't get it...

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
hbJYxJU.jpg

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
On a related note the stores are closed but I'm definitely seeing more people walking or biking on my drive. Interesting shutdown

Shyotl

Oct 25, 2017
Many are just people finding an excuse to not isolate, or using the shutdown as an impromptu vacation. This wouldn't be terrible if people weren't cramming shoulder to shoulder on trails or in city parks... but many are.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
What? They shouldn't be outside en massé.
They are generally keeping their distance, with the exception of a lot of kids, teenagers and younger congregating in groups. Families walking together, etc.

Tomorrow isn't supposed to be as nice but I'll take a picture. I live in a residential, rural are@a with a lot of single family homes right next to each other.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If only the weather was decent. Luckily our state parks are waiving admission so I'll be hitting a bunch of them later in the month once things get nicer.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
They are generally keeping their distance, with the exception of a lot of kids, teenagers and younger congregating in groups. Families walking together, etc.

Tomorrow isn't supposed to be as nice but I'll take a picture. I live in a residential, rural are@a with a lot of single family homes right next to each other.

So keeping their distance besides all the carriers running around between groups. Got it.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Same in my area. I fully believe it's because they're being asked not to. Once this is all over a lot of these places will be empty again.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
This is bad. People are going this in the UK. They think "Oh, we'll go to the countryside where it's quiet".... And then EVERYBODY from the city is there. They need to get themselves home.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
Well what do you want the OP to do anyway? He can't force people to stay in their homes.
He's excusing their behavior like he doesn't understand that it's a problem. What I want him to do is understand that the behavior is a problem and stop excusing it. Pretty straightforward! This needs to be a learning moment for people who still don't get it. Both for OP and anyone reading this who doesn't see what the problem is. It's not okay for some people to be running around not understanding this, so it needs to be repeated until people understand.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Well what do you want the OP to do anyway? He can't force people to stay in their homes.
I don't live in NYC. People apparently don't understand the definition of "rural". With the exception of teens people are generally doing a good job at social distancing, there are just a lot of people outside.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I don't live in NYC. People apparently don't understand the definition of "rural". With the exception of teens people are generally doing a good job at social distancing, there are just a lot of people outside.
I mean teens can still contract it and spread it to their families, but hopefully your home is rural enough that the virus isn't even there to begin with.

Deleted member 64377

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 8, 2020
This kind of stupidity is literally getting people killed. This isn't a fucking game.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

They should stay inside. This is not a holiday.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I mean teens can still contract it and spread it to their families, but hopefully your home is rural enough that the virus isn't even there to begin with.
It will be until it isn't. And then it'll spread like it does in urban centres.

Without social distancing, 1 person can infect entire towns, that's all it takes. We've all seen how this works. For the sake of all that's holy, stop thinking you're the exception to the rule and somehow immune to the spread of a deadly virus.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Tell them to go the fuck inside
What? They shouldn't be outside en massé.
He's excusing their behavior like he doesn't understand that it's a problem. What I want him to do is understand that the behavior is a problem and stop excusing it. Pretty straightforward! This needs to be a learning moment for people who still don't get it. Both for OP and anyone reading this who doesn't see what the problem is. It's not okay for some people to be running around not understanding this, so it needs to be repeated until people understand.

TBF, Massachusetts is under a stay at home advisory (not an order) and the Governor even said people should go outside for a walk as long as they maintain social distancing.

OP
OP
Wag

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Those kids have families..who they then will go to and bring their totally different non social distancing viruses with them.

THIS ISN'T A FUCKING HOLIDAY THIS IS A GLOBAL PANDEMIC. GO THE FUCK HOME. STOP DOING THIS.
Do you have teens? Good luck trying to tell them what to do. Go tell their parents to force their kids to stay inside.

People can go out for a walk.

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
Idk the Wisconsin dept of Health says people can go outside as long as you provide that 6 feet of distance.

I took the dog for a walk yesterday in the park. They have the playgrounds taped off tho.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
It will be until it isn't. And then it'll spread like it does in urban centres.

Without social distancing, 1 person can infect entire towns, that's all it takes. We've all seen how this works. For the sake of all that's holy, stop thinking you're the exception to the rule and somehow immune to the spread of a deadly virus.
There's nothing the OP can do to make people stay at home.

And I live in NYC, I know exactly how dangerous it is right now.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I've only gone out for groceries the past two weeks but going outside for a walk is perfectly fine if you're not too close to anybody and it's not too busy. If you're not in a big city.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have teens? Good luck trying to tell them what to do. Go tell their parents to force their kids to stay inside.
Which is why everyone has to follow social distancing and not treat this as a fucking holiday. Limit any outdoor trips to needed ones only. It's not nice but that's the only thing that will contain this.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Idk the Wisconsin dept of Health says people can go outside as long as you provide that 6 feet of distance.

I took the dog for a walk yesterday in the park. They have the playgrounds taped off tho.

Yeah we tried that in the UK.

Lasted all a few days before morons used it as a holiday.

We were criticized for being late to the lockdown party even then.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Considering a large amount of entire countries are under lockdown a number of parents are managing to get their teenagers to respect lockdown rules, yes.

That said the issue is with the groups as you described, not individuals wanting to go outside for a walk in a local area (assuming people aren't travelling distances to it).