• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Post?

• About the same

Votes: 764 51.4%
  • Way more active

Votes: 229 15.4%
  • Much less active

Votes: 492 33.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'm having less fun here cuz it feels like there is a distinct lack of interesting non-news related threads around here. Not every thread needs to produce "conducive discussion." Sometimes it's just fun to shitpost in a nonsense thread.

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About the same but honestly I'm debating just dropping the forum. For as bad as the other place got with shitbirds, I feel like this place has its own problems that I'm getting less and less interested in putting up with. I sort of feel like a man without a country.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot less. I'm incredibly busy at work and just getting old. I started as a teenager at the old place but now I'm in my 30s. I read every day (mainly at work and on transit) but don't find posting worth it, really. I don't have the time to engage in spirited bouts of conversation because I'm usually playing games (instead of talking about them) or doing real life shit.

Shout outs to Destiny ERA though. My peoples. 👉🤠👉

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
🤜🤛
Even if I leave here, I'll never go back to gaf. That place is dead to me.
That place should be fucking nuked.

It's repellent, and no better than the other places.

As for leaving here. As much as this place doesn't feel like home (or even feels like i'm welcome at all TBH, given the way i've been treated. ) I won't leave. Which is pretty pathetic thing to admit, honestly.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hell of a lot less, though I read every day. Can't even comprehend how I got to nearly 9000 posts at the old place, or even what the hell I was posting about. lol.

Geode

Oct 27, 2017
I would say my activity is about the same. If Likes were enabled I would probably interact with the website more. Sometimes I see a post that I agree with and I wish I could acknowledge it without having to bump up a thread with my "I agree" post.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say my activity is about the same. If Likes were enabled I would probably interact with the website more. Sometimes I see a post that I agree with and I wish I could acknowledge it without having to bump up a thread with my "I agree" post.
Use gifs to mix it up. It's what i do.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Less but that's mostly because of real life taking more time from this place. Still like it more here and it just feels better here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'd say about the same in the amount of time this place has been active. Though I've been less active as of recently since I've cut down on my Smash speculation thread participation.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Less. I keep to my peeps because i get busted for black language that is always putting me on the "this is your last blah blah blah": list. No one will actually read what I'm saying. It's just Ban.

V23

Oct 27, 2017
I never had an account on GAF, but lurked for a long time. Have to echo others here and say that there's a severe lack of funny and light hearted content. I used to love the backfire, photoshop and goofy threads on GAF, which don't seem to exist here, or are closed at the speed of light. I usually check Etcetera, see a page full of depressing news threads and comic book megathreads and start losing interest.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I lurked their for many years, but only made an account their recently. I post here mainly, but I will post there ocassionaly. This forum could use some more fun threads.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As for leaving here. As much as this place doesn't feel like home (or even feels like i'm welcome at all TBH, given the way i've been treated. ) I won't leave. Which is pretty pathetic thing to admit, honestly.
Nah man, we're all just looking to connect. I mean I'm still here too. Third post in this thread even! Nothing wrong with seeking out that connection, even if it isn't exactly coming back to us here the way we hoped.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I lurked for nearly eight years before finally started posting there. Now I'm way more active here.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I probably post a little more if anything. This forum is far easier to read and keep track of convos than old country was before the split.

Lookin forward to the inevitable 'Down the Rabbit Hole' or similar net doc about the downfall of that utter slag heap.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda weird seeing posts about me there tbh but no one has harassed me directly or anything. They have an unhealthy obsession with Era.
You shouldn't go back there. As i was telling the other poster in here earlier. Don't legitimise them with your presence.
Nah man, we're all just looking to connect. I mean I'm still here too. Third post in this thread even! Nothing wrong with seeking out that connection, even if it isn't exactly coming back to us here the way we hoped.
Thanks, that's a really nice post. I appreciate it.
It's really wild what it's like now. A few days before this thread popped up, I looked at NeoGAF for shits and giggles; and it's literally every alt-right stereotype you can imagine. Like, beyond punchlines. It's terrifying.
It really really is.

I haven't looked in on there (or the other places) in god knows how long. And even then. *shudders*

Last edited:

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
More I'd say. I got into GAF very late in the game. August 2015 and didn't start really posting heavily until after the 2016 election (mostly because I had a meltdown on another forum that got me chucked out), but being very new in a very established forum didn't feel like I had as much of a voice. Established *enough* that I was able to work my way into the transition discords (props to PonyEra, PoliEra, and OnePieceEra for the support) and sort of able to get in on the ground floor here and have more of a feeling of belonging.

Particularly in that I really fell off of my other main forum, Penny Arcade, in 2018 as I expanded my social life and really only had time for one forum to keep up with, and I liked the tone of discussion here better (they're another zero-gator-tolerance place and have some great people, just a matter of the kind of topics that were prominent here versus there and how discussions were structured).

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like about the same. I dunno. I offer the same quality throw-away posts though.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Less I think but I have not crunched the numbers. To OT only posters I may seem just as active because I think I post OT here on par with what I Did on GAF. However on GAF I posted just as much in the Games section doubling my posts, and here I really only post in that section once or twice a month, usually in a new game OT or in more retro/nostalgia type stuff. I have no patience for all the back and forth bickering and proxy console warring type posting so many do. I want to talk games not shill for corporations.

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
About the same, a little less. This forum has never reached the peak "greatness" NeoGaf had going on there for a minute or two. That being said, Era is a better than what gaf has now turned into.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Gaf was way more toxic towards devs.
Very true, and there is more quality threads here with actual industry participation such as the recent article on indie devs, costs, and payments that had the bit on Doc. It's the one thing over on gaming side that makes me check in because I love reading those threads, but not really post since I am not in the industry and don't really have anything productive to say other than I try to support guys likes Robert and m0dus.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Yikes I'm about the same in activity (limited). But probably lurk more now. Joined GAF back in 09... looking at it now is just ooooof

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I hated GAF to be honest. The mods played favorites. And if you didn't go along with the hivemind mentality you were banned for months. I find RE to be much more inviting. It may not be as big. But I think that's a positive because people know each other.

Oct 27, 2017
Voted way less active. There's no fun threads, no meltdowns, no running gags or memes created here. We're still bringing up the old "japan time", "colored figures fucking", "i thought the earphones were plugged" etc jokes.
This forum is very progressive for most topics, but ultimately the kind of threads you get are mostly being angry at something bad that happened, and that kind of shit eventually bums you out. There's no fun, only bad news, boycotts, rage mobs. And unlike the old place there's no room for error. Either you go 100% with what moderation thinks is right or you're automatically banned.

On the other hand, Neogaf has become such a cesspool that it's either this or nothing. Still not happy though.

Max A.

Oct 27, 2017
I miss the good old days on GAF, it used to be so much fun. It's really not the same here, like you have to watch your every steps, but still way better than what GAF is now, so whatever, I mostly lurk.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
About the same I feel. As long as there's activity I'm posting.

I got permabanned (Jasoco) from the old place in 2012 (The night Community Season 3 came back from hiatus coincidentally enough) and for a few months I thought I was free and was gonna change my life finally.... But then I got too addicted to lurking and eventually created an alt account (The Real Abed) for myself (Even changed my name on Twitter to cover my tracks in case Evilore had any spies) and just went back to it as soon as I was approved. I was free. I was finally free. Why did I let myself get pulled back in? Haha

I'm afraid to even go back over there just to check my post counts and do some comparisons.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having less fun here cuz it feels like there is a distinct lack of interesting non-news related threads around here. Not every thread needs to produce "conducive discussion." Sometimes it's just fun to shitpost in a nonsense thread.

Same. Though, I feel like those threads are permitted to thrive here when they're not too crazy? No?

Status
Not open for further replies.