• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
qsz4vq3lucc21.jpg

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like Ready Player One style nonsense just smashing as many random pop culture references together trying to make something funny happen.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
This is like one of the really bad Nightvale episodes where they lose all subtlety and nuance and just shove in a load of old gods nonsense.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a spinoff of ultra instinct shaggy or some other metamorphosis that I have missed in the meantime?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I DONT KNOW. Why was Ultra Instinct with him even a thing? That one bar fight?
It played out like this:
That one Scooby-Doo movie with Shaggy being a badass at a biker bar
Lead to Shaggy starting to appear in Tournament of Power memes as one (or, in fact, several) of the most dangerous fighters.
Lead to Shaggy becoming a memetic super being all on his own.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
I DONT KNOW. Why was Ultra Instinct with him even a thing? That one bar fight?

It was a side meme in the general trend of "Lets make this fight with one person owning have them be ultra instinct" meme. It caught on with shaggy rojo and stuff as it got mixed with gohan blanco. I'm just not sure where this one came from.

Oct 28, 2017
Kids are dumb. Their own kids are going to be mutants from eating all those tide pods. If they survive their bird box challenge long enough to pass on their genes.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
It was a side meme in the general trend of "Lets make this fight with one person owning have them be ultra instinct" meme. It caught on with shaggy rojo and stuff as it got mixed with gohan blanco. I'm just not sure where this one came from.
Where did Gohan Blanco come from? Let alone Calvo. And then fucking El Hermano. I find the Shaggy stuff funny, the Dragon Ball stuff just confused me.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
the memes are extremely forced but sending them to Matthew Lillard and getting a reaction is hilarious

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Where did Gohan Blanco come from? Let alone Calvo. And then fucking El Hermano. I find the Shaggy stuff funny, the Dragon Ball stuff just confused me.

That stuff spawned from the DBS community in latin countries. DB is popular here, but apparently its mega popular there and I think due to a mistranslation at some point gohan got called gohan blanco. The community just kinda ran with it and it spawned most of these memes I think.

Edit: Here a better source https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gohan-blanco

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I Noticed a lot of these Shaggy Memes on the front page of Reddit recently wondered what on earth is going on.

Oct 29, 2017
They are funny when someone takes the effort to edit a video or draw it, since the amusement comes from thinking about someone actually spending the time. Cut from the same cloth of those who make "original characters" for Dragon Ball. But if it is just adding text, I think it loses the better part of it.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
They are funny when someone takes the effort to edit a video or draw it, since the amusement comes from thinking about someone actually spending the time. Cut from the same cloth of those who make "original characters" for Dragon Ball. But if it is just adding text, I think it loses the better part of it.
No, if the text is funny, then it's funny. If the text isn't funny, then it isn't funny.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't find these funny at first, but they quickly grew on me. An acquired taste of memes.

Oct 29, 2017
No, if the text is funny, then it's funny. If the text isn't funny, then it isn't funny.
For that reason 90% of them can't be the exact same joke, just changing slightly what is said, and the actor. Which is a pity because one sees all these many pictures and then (at least in the original batch) halfway thru they are all the same 5 jokes again and again.