• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a snarky title, by the way; it's sincere.

There hasn't been a single thing that I saw of Days Gone that makes me want to play it. The very first trailer had the protagonist narrating over images of him and his girlfriend on a motorcycle and the writing was real bad. It's also yet another game with zombies, of which I am quite tired. More importantly, what was shown of the gameplay was not impressive at all. It looks like an early-gen PS3/360 game in design, but on PS4 with a bigger budget. So it looks prettier (obviously) and has more enemies on screen. But is that last point enough? It isn't for me.

I'm trying to look at the game and understand what some people see in it that looks enticing in 2017, but I can't come up with anything. It features bikers? I guess that could be interesting. Are the people who are into this game also Sons of Anarchy fans?

Can the people who intend to buy this game explain to me why they are into it? Thank you.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Dynamic world, being able to complete parts of the game in different ways. Day/Night/Weather system.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Excited for Graphics. Looks really damn nice with the amount of zombies on screen.

Story might be interesting but idk mc looks isn't hooking me

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested solely for the dynamic mob/enemy stuff. If they can pull that off (big if) it's a fresh hook in the open world genre. That's it. The overall aesthetic is generic but inoffensive to me.

I think the fact that it's a first party game, and a studio's first big console effort after a decade of toiling away on handhelds, sort of elevates the games profile some too, but that just gives them more to live up to.

Oct 25, 2017
Was a thread really necessary for that? Potentially a lot of these can made than

Anyway it's an open world tps zombie game with an interesting horde tech, and bends first console game in 10+years

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
Ok? Then don't read about it, don't buy it, and don't play it. I like the world the game is based in, the mechanics displayed thus far, and the narration and the story.Judging from your post history, Nintendo games seem to be more of your cup of tea.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Have you seen the world? The game in action?

Or have you just seen the trailers?

Big difference.

Edit: World War Z The Videogame is what I would describe it as. Which I loved.

Using multiple alt accounts
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portsmouth
Yea how the hell aren't people bored of zombie games yet? every trailer has looked SO derivative.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Lots of zombies, stealth/crafting, open ended encounters, story featuring a biker anti hero. Sounds great.

Horde zombies, plus stealth, hasn't really been done yet, not much at least. Gives more weight to not being seen.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Try to stick with me here.....the game looks fun, and the story seems interesting. Did I lose you?
Yes you lost me, the gameplay looks bog standard except for the zombie hordes and the story looks cliched and like they just piled on every single zombie movie trope they could. I see nothing interesting about it at all.

Oct 29, 2017
I don't get the whole I'm soo sick of zombies thing gamers have. It's like 2-3 big zombie games a year nowadays If that on consoles. Where are all these big zombie games I'm missing?

OT: dynamic horde/potential good narrative/ motorcycle open world gameplay.

Oh and a fucking zombie bear. How is that not interesting.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To me it looks like yet another pretty but slow and plodding story-driven game full of cutscenes. But they seem to be popular, so I'm sure this will be popular.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I liked The Lost and Damned and Undead Nightmare. Maybe if you put both together something nice will emerge. Truth be told, if the game was 99% the same but it was Aliens instead of Zombies I would shill for the game almost 24/7.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I could be wrong, but the game looks very mediocre compared to The Last of Us.

I really don't think those games are comparable, I'm not too sure what you seem to be getting at.

Lots of zombies, stealth/crafting, open ended encounters, story featuring a biker anti hero. Sounds great.

Horde zombies, plus stealth, hasn't really been done yet, not much at least. Gives more weight to not being seen.

This is why I'm excited. It's an interesting concept that could be done very, very well.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Has a very Far Cry with zombies type feeling, so it should be fun, not sure first day purchase but eventually type fun. I don't know if we've gotten the full story yet, the developers could take zombies to another level. Maybe talk, or dance, hopefully the latter.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited because Bend is a hella good studio. Even if the game's premise didn't hook me, I'll give the game a chance because I've been very happy with their output all these years.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
It's a big first party Sony game. That alone gives it some cred.

I love the visual style, but that's because they are almost purely ripped from TLOU.

I'm not super stoked for it, but I'll probably get it if it has decent buzz around release. It isn't a lifeboat or death thing so I'm not thinking about it this far out.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main protagonist looks generic, bland and boring to me. Setting seemed boring too. That's about it. Couldn't grab me with the first showing. Haven't bothered checking it out since.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
I'm not very into it myself, but my friends are super excited about it and ask me about it every so often since they know I keep up with game events. We're also all in agreement that this style of zombie is by far the most entertaining, and if not for that, they probably wouldn't be so interested.

HONDA

Oct 27, 2017
not sure why Sony let Bend even do a zombie game when they already have The Last of Us.
rather have a new Syphon Filter game from them again.

but game looks decent. doesnt look bad.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Open world
Crafting
Dynamic zombie hordes
Anti-hero
Graphics look great

It's not like the PS4 is full of open world zombie games..
Dead Island ports and Dead light, that's it. And both are first person perspective

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The game has potential to be one of the most innovative open world games if they deliver on their "dynamic world" promise. I can't help but get excited for the game.

Here's the original E3 2017 gameplay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SnXOtfN7VQ

Here's the alternate version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h_kyJNYMac

I'm also a sucker for such grounded settings and stories. A post-apocalyptic game where you play as a biker in Oregon in grounded and violent world. Also the amazing graphics and great gameplay mechanics. I love this! What's there to not get excited about? It's my most anticipated open world game right after Red Dead Redemption 2.

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
AAA Open World Zombie Game with narrative Focus.

there are not many of those on the market (atleast in the past years from what i know)

GoldenKings

Oct 28, 2017
days_gone-2.gif

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
The game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to me and what's wrong with Sons of Anarchy? That show was awesome!

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's got world war z zombie hordes which is a pretty good hook for a zombie game.

It's also a narrative driven single player game in an age where gaas is taking over the aaa space.

It's a Sony first party game which means three things: it will look pretty, it will be polished and it won't be a bad game.

I watched an alternate playthrough of the e3 demo and it looked like it had a. Lot of environmental interactions. You could use stuff in the levels against the zombies for instant kills, set traps to kill or slow them down and do pretty much whatever you want. It's very sandbox-ish which is always a good thing.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The game is actually very ambitious, and if they pull it off what they're aiming for then it's going to be rather unique

* Weapons crafting system, they call a "MacGuyver Mentality" where the you figure out clever ways to build tools to get out of situations.

* Wildlife is in the game, they have a "huge" wildlife system they aren't going to talk much about right now. But the event didn't wipe out all wildlife.

Featuring fully explorable environments and dynamic AI enemies, players will rely on their own abilities to strategize, craft weapons and tools, explore the world, and engage in combat. With almost every car, building and environment searchable, Days Gone delivers emergent gameplay possibilities, making a player's approach to combat and discovery a vital part of the experience.

Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Bend Studio has developed a high volume of rendering and gameplay technology to deliver an incredibly realistic open world experience. Realistic weather effects, such as rain, wind, snow and day-night cycles impact the gameplay. The game's lighting is all real-time and reacts dynamically, the way the human iris does, as players move from one location to the next.

Yes, this is an open world game. Bend called it a "dynamic open world," and it's being built with Unreal Engine 4...Take, for instance, the hordes of freakers seen in the demo...That horde will follow you indefinitely if you keep the right distance between it and yourself. Say you want to take out another human gang's camp. Have that horde follow you and drag them all the way to your rival's camp. The horde seeks the bigger target and does your work for you.

"You can go anywhere," says Pape. "There'll be waypoint on the map you can set, you can set your own waypoints, you can fast travel for some of the areas because it is such an expansive map". And, while the demo showed a forrest location Pape says the north west American setting has been chosen specifically for the extreme environments it can provide. "You've for the mountains, snow, hail, rain wind, high dessert. City wise you'll encounter abandoned suburbs, towns, it's not just going to be in the woods".

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like zombies that's it lol and i liked what i saw with the huge hordes + a motorcycle and open world zombies, yeah that's my thing.

I will get it from a sale tho, have not bought Sony games day one for a while now since they tend to go down in price to 20 bucks within 4-5 months.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
It looks very impressive technically, not expecting GOTY but we've seen quite a bit of footage of a polished looking game long before its scheduled release date.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OP

I am more excited for Days Gone than Mario Odyssey..

I know.. I am crazy..

BTW.. I don't own a Switch and I won't get one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.