• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
By bother do you mean you wore it as a badge of honour?

Lol no I used to want to "feel" mature and it bothered me that people kept thinking I was just some young kid. I was pretty far into adulting, living on my own, bought a car, far along in my career yet people thought I was a teenager.

Nowadays I do wear it as a badge of honor. When I tell people my age, they still can't believe it and make a quip like "damn black don't crack." Lol. It's pretty cool.

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much people's perception of what 30s should look like has been influenced by television: older actors playing younger characters.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
I get regularly asked for ID if I'm buying alcohol (19 here), and have been asked for student IDs before. People tell me I look like I could be "at work for a 'visit your parents work!' day", and most of the early 20s girls say "what, I thought you were my age" when I tell them how old I am.

I'm 31. 🤷🏻‍♀️

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Watching the Favourite yesterday, it kinda blows my mind that Rachel Weisz is 48. I know she was in the Mummy 20 years ago, but could have easily passed in her late 30s/early 40s to me.
It was fun pointing out to my movie-watching group yesterday that not only is Weisz less than a month away from turning 49... but that she's almost 4 years older than Olivia Colman (who just turned 45).

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Tons of people don't look their age

i'm 30 but people most people think i'm 20-22, and i'm still carded sometimes for alcohol (18 here)
It gets old when you're 35 and have been denied beer because they think you're not 21 and your ID is fake. It was cute for awhile but now it just pisses me off.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
regina_hall.jpg

Regina Hall is 48 and old enough to be my mum wtf

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
It gets old when you're 35 and have been denied beer because they think you're not 21 and your ID is fake. It was cute for awhile but now it just pisses me off.

I don't really care cause i almost never drink alcohol anyway, but it was more annoying for me when you go out with friends and if there's people that don't know you, they think you're just the little brother tagging along

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Jessica Parker Kennedy playing Nora Allen on The Flash, I assumed to be in her early twenties, but is actually 34.

Likewise, Emily Kinney on the Walking Dead played Beth, who was meant to be in her mid teens, and looked it, but she was actually in her 30s.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It tracks, it's going on 14 years since The War At Home started where Rami played the closeted best friend of Michael Rappaport's TV son.

Michael J Fox could've played a teenager into his at least early 40s.

Oct 27, 2017
Three of my coworkers (teens) asked how old I was/which highschool I go to. When I told them that I'm 22, each one got that "no way!" look.

The fact facial hair refuses to grow in multiple patches, so I just keep my whole face shaved probably "helps". I kind of hope that I still look younger when I'm older though, as I do get a kick out of reactions lol.

Some of the people posted in here though, dang. I'll add Masahiro Sakurai, who, while he doesn't look super young now, has aged in reverse
7c1.jpg

E: dang it Joe
Curious case of Masahiro Sakurai

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
apparently Era is populated by babyfaces

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
People in Germany look way younger than they actually are. You should make a thread about it, OP!

Oct 25, 2017
26 and people ask me what grade I'm in. Once a 16 year old tried to impress me by showing his fake ID and how he can get booze with it (he assumed I was his age). I was obviously not impressed. :P

I don't mind though, I like looking young. :)

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tyson Fury
WruJ4ae.jpg

30 years old[/QUOTE]
dude looks like he's 50

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
i get told I look older than my brother

my brother is 33 and looks 33 and im 23, lol

Catdaddy

Oct 27, 2017
TN
I'm 50 and look (and act) like someone much younger, I have my 82 year old dad who still looks lhe may be 70 to thank.. helps I have long-ish hair with no grey and my dad barely has any grey... No one at work believes I have a 25 year old daughter (who looks like she's still in high school)...its a rather nice feeling...

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've always looked older than my age. People thought I was a senior in high school when I was still in middle school. When I was in college, I got mistaken for a professor twice. Not grad student. Professor...

Stopped getting carded for alcohol really early on. Made me sad when they stopped asking.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
My friend is tiny
The school bus stopped for her because she was near the bus stop and they thought they forgot a kid.