• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Like seriously-what the hell is wrong with you? Are you that fucking out of it that you think your dog is special and above the rules?

For the second time in two days I've encountered this woman in my neighborhood - or rather I should say I've encountered her dogs.

Yesterday my brother and I were walking from my driveway to my front door with take out food we just purchased. Out of nowhere these two dogs I've never seen before come running out of nowhere, soaking wet and start jumping up and onto us to get our food. We are basically saying "whoa, get down!" And then about 20 seconds later this woman who is out for a walk comes by and calls to them and then they begrudgingly follow her.

Today my wife, daughter, niece and I are walking to the pool when out of nowhere the same two fucking dogs come running up and start jumping up on the 10 year old girls and licking their faces. Mind you my daughter has a severe allergy to dogs and again these dogs are not on a leash. My daughter is freaking out and trying to get away and the dogs are all over her ( they were about 100 feet ahead of me at the time).

Then the woman comes walking up behind them, again only mildly interested in how her dogs are jumping up on us.

I'm pissed but I tell her-"My daughter is allergic to dogs. Can you please make sure they aren't on her?"

She replies dismissively with "ok"

My wife then says "This isn't a leash free area."

Woman says (holding unused leashes) "Well, I'm doing my best". At this point she's literally running away from us after her dogs.

I call out "The dogs aren't on leashes"

To which she replies with "Fuck off!"

She's already running - and my daughter and niece are already far up ahead so I didn't say anything else, but I called up my brother who was at my house (the trail goes behind my house). I told him to snap a photo from our house of the woman and her dogs. He got one-but we don't know if she lives in our neighborhood or not or was just using the trails. Anyways I'm really pissed.

This isn't the first time I've had negative encounters with dog owners blatantly ignoring rules-I've had a dog literally come up to me and bite me and the dog owner basically just said "huh that's weird".

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking entitled scum of the earth. As someone with a small dog, I've had so many dickhead owners who think their dogs are under control seem oblivious when their gigantic dog runs full speed at my Chihuahua. Fuck them all.
There's gotta be a way to make this lady's life a living hell. I suggest watching such films as Dirty Work and the one where they turn Paul Giamatti blue.

SergeantPoivre

Alt-account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Take a video of her and put it on YouTube. Shame her, maybe she will lose her job.

Then we will see who is the dog.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
A few months ago some random Staffadshire Terrier ran up to me in the middle of the street. Completely unwatched, not an owner anywhere.

What sort of idiot let's a dangerous dog like that just roam free in the street?

I really genuinely believe there needs to be a licence for owning certain dogs. Some people just shouldn't be allowed them (and by some I mean 90% of everyone who has a Pitbull or equivilent).

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking entitled scum of the earth. As someone with a small dog, I've had so many dickhead owners who think their dogs are under control seem oblivious when their gigantic dog runs full speed at my Chihuahua. Fuck them all.
There's gotta be a way to make this lady's life a living hell. I suggest watching such films as Dirty Work and the one where they turn Paul Giamatti blue.

Yeah I'm really thinking that I have to do something but not sure what. My wife is worried about retaliation because the woman seemed deranged.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes my dog is special.

Next question.

I will agree that owners like the ones you describe should not have their dogs unleashed.

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd be pissed too OP. Assholes that think their dog is special but don't realize they can run off and attack smaller dogs or helpless people.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I've had dogs chase my along bike paths many times.

"My dog wouldn't hurt a FLY!"

Fuck you, I don't know that when this damn thing is chasing me down. Keep it under fucking control.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. My city has leash laws, thankfully. It's against the law to have a dog off leash outside of your own contained yard/property, or another contained property (like an official dog park). I'm a dog owner, I trust most dog owners, but I still get nervous when another dog runs up to me or my dog...... Like, I'm sure you, Mr Dog Owner, know your dog is a sweet and loving dog, but who knows if my leashed dog is feeling particularly randy today and takes a sniff at your dogs nuts and that's sets one of them off.

Towns around me don't have leash laws, and that's usually where I walk my dog in the woods/trails in the rural areas around me.

You should file a complaint with the city/town you live in about this person. These dogs may be the sweetest dogs in the world, but regardless of whether a kid is allergic or not, no kid *has* to be licked by someone's dogs.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
It's the worst. I maintained a walking trail as part of my last job and I had a couple close calls with big dogs who got away from their owners.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It is bad when one thing becomes two. One should not look for anything else in the Way of the Samurai. It is the same for anything else that is called a Way. If one understands things in this manner, he should be able to hear about all Ways and be more and more in accord with his own - words of wisdom from Ghost Dog that I think apply to this situation in a number of ways.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't it against the law to have them unleashed? Since the woman won't listen to you, I guess call some sort of animal control and say that there are two unleashed dogs are running around the neighborhood or something.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Yea I don't get it either. I was minding my own business in my backyard one afternoon and these two massive dogs come running up to me and my niece. Like wtf. Luckily they were very friendly but thats not the point. Also I never even thought about people being allergic, thats even more fucked up.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
isnt that normal? dont know about dogs though so maybe im wrong. I see people all the time here with dogs unleashed.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they are horrible. The world is full of stupid assholes.

There was only one family in our development who did this. They were the worst owners and when they barely walked their dog they would never have him on a leash. They were too cheap for a fence and tried to DIY an electric fence that never worked. They kept cranking up the voltage but the dog kept leaving their yard and just running all over. Poor guy got hit by a car one day and died.

Of course they learned nothing and are talking about getting a new dog this year.

Needless to say I hate seeing shitty dog owners and the ones without a leash are almost all crap.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I personally hate it when people have curious dogs off leash. If your dog is shy and keeps to himself, fine, but there are so many dog owners that have fucking annoying curious dogs that sprint up to strangers and bother them. My poor dog is so shy and scared and fucking hates it when strange dogs run up to him and invade his space.

I sometimes have my dog off leash but only in areas where there is nobody around. He keeps to himself anyway and doesn't approach strangers though.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While the OP's story sucks I have to admit there's nothing cooler than a well-trained dog who just hangs the fuck out with their owner everywhere without a need for a leash and doesn't cause any trouble. Sadly this is rarely the case but I definitely have known some over the years and been envious.

SergeantPoivre

Alt-account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
While the OP's story sucks I have to admit there's nothing cooler than a well-trained dog who just hangs the fuck out with their owner everywhere without a need for a leash and doesn't cause any trouble. Sadly this is rarely the case but I definitely have known some over the years and been envious.

No, this gives people the idea to do it too. Like it's ok. Keep your best on a leash please.

Oct 27, 2017
You guys would love San Francisco. Every other dog owner here has them off the leash, sometimes not even within eyesight of them.

Not to mention they bring their dogs into restaurants and supermarkets. Off the leash as well in those cases.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
You guys would love San Francisco. Every other dog owner here has them off the leash, sometimes not even within eyesight of them.

Not to mention they bring their dogs into restaurants and supermarkets. Off the leash as well in those cases.

Well I AM in the Bay Area-East Bay though. But she still had that "entitled dog owner attitude"

HomespunFur

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see it all the time, I live near a lot of trails and stuff so no cars about.
Tbh it doesn't bother me since my dog is friendly but yeah I let my dog off the lead in a grazing area but that's it.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I sometimes have my dog off leash but only in areas where there is nobody around. He keeps to himself anyway and doesn't approach strangers though.
The thing about that is it's hard to be absolutely certain there's nobody around. Where exactly is nobody around? On the residential trail I maintained I'd often have to go a bit off into the bushes to take care of the landscape and I could be pretty hidden back there. That's how I spooked the first dog I had a close call with; they smelled and heard me and wanted to know what the heck I was doing back there. The dude taking his dog out had no idea I was back there or where exactly his dog went and his dog could've killed me had I not called for his help in time.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like seriously-what the hell is wrong with you? Are you that fucking out of it that you think your dog is special and above the rules?

For the second time in two days I've encountered this woman in my neighborhood - or rather I should say I've encountered her dogs.

Yesterday my brother and I were walking from my driveway to my front door with take out food we just purchased. Out of nowhere these two dogs I've never seen before come running out of nowhere, soaking wet and start jumping up and onto us to get our food. We are basically saying "whoa, get down!" And then about 20 seconds later this woman who is out for a walk comes by and calls to them and then they begrudgingly follow her.

Today my wife, daughter, niece and I are walking to the pool when out of nowhere the same two fucking dogs come running up and start jumping up on the 10 year old girls and licking their faces. Mind you my daughter has a severe allergy to dogs and again these dogs are not on a leash. My daughter is freaking out and trying to get away and the dogs are all over her ( they were about 100 feet ahead of me at the time).

Then the woman comes walking up behind them, again only mildly interested in how her dogs are jumping up on us.

I'm pissed but I tell her-"My daughter is allergic to dogs. Can you please make sure they aren't on her?"

She replies dismissively with "ok"

My wife then says "This isn't a leash free area."

Woman says (holding unused leashes) "Well, I'm doing my best". At this point she's literally running away from us after her dogs.

I call out "The dogs aren't on leashes"

To which she replies with "Fuck off!"

She's already running - and my daughter and niece are already far up ahead so I didn't say anything else, but I called up my brother who was at my house (the trail goes behind my house). I told him to snap a photo from our house of the woman and her dogs. He got one-but we don't know if she lives in our neighborhood or not or was just using the trails. Anyways I'm really pissed.

This isn't the first time I've had negative encounters with dog owners blatantly ignoring rules-I've had a dog literally come up to me and bite me and the dog owner basically just said "huh that's weird".
Fuck that lady, I'm sorry you had to deal with all of that shit. How's your daughter? Is she ok?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen this done with dogs that weren't exceptionally well trained. This lady's dogs clearly aren't. I'd try to get pictures and share them online in your neighborhood's Facebook group.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
The thing about that is it's hard to be absolutely certain there's nobody around. Where exactly is nobody around? On the residential trail I maintained I'd often have to go a bit off into the bushes to take care of the landscape and I could be pretty hidden back there. That's how I spooked the first dog I had a close call with; they smelled and heard me and wanted to know what the heck I was doing back there. The dude taking his dog out had no idea I was back there or where exactly his dog went and his dog could've killed me had I not called for his help in time.

Ideally just your own property, although I let my dog run into the thick abandoned woods nearby late at night to pee and come back in the house.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
I know it sounds horrible but don't be afraid to kick dogs. Unleashed pets are basically indistinguishable from wild animals, you don't know if they have owners and are trained. They could be feral and/or have viruses and could bite you or your family. Fucking kick them away.

Maybe lady would care if her dogs get injured?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some insanely well trained dogs on leashless walks completely chill around people. My dogs have never been at that point, though.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County

Chihuahua's should definitely be on a leash. Dudes are assholes.

I'm good with dogs so one off leash doesn't bother me however, I think that is crazy in general and if I had little ones I would probably feel differently

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
It is bad when one thing becomes two. One should not look for anything else in the Way of the Samurai. It is the same for anything else that is called a Way. If one understands things in this manner, he should be able to hear about all Ways and be more and more in accord with his own - words of wisdom from Ghost Dog that I think apply to this situation in a number of ways.
I think this post gave me a stroke.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chihuahua's should definitely be on a leash. Dudes are assholes.

I'm good with dogs so one off leash doesn't bother me however, I think that is crazy in general and if I had little ones I would probably feel differently
My dog (the Chihuahua) is always on a leash. It's the big fuckers that run up to him that aren't. Makes me furious.

Oct 28, 2017
Siloam Springs

I've booted some dogs when they've taken a runner at my Chi in my old neighborhood. Then I've had to put a couple owners on the ground in that neighborhood too. The police would not uphold the leash laws in the old neighborhood in rural California. Here in rural Arkansas, the city really need the money, so the code enforcement officers (a division of the police in my little town) will let you email a picture of the offending dog off of a leash, come and pick it up, then charge the owner's a mint to retrieve their pupper from the pound.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I HATE when people do this. People in my apartment complex do this all the time and it freaks me out when I'm walking my dogs (with a leash) and some other dog runs up to them without a leash. Dogs are great but dog owners need to be responsible.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
entitled ass-hats

I love dogs but I prefer them being under leash. No matter how small or big.

I've seen a Chihuahua unleashed and I feared for its safety since it looked so tiny and fragile. WTF,

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans
I think that there are some very rare, highly trained dogs that could be allowed to walk around without leashes. But most dogs? Hell no.

One of my dogs loses it around other dogs, as much as we've tried to train her. You need to leash your dogs.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
And I guarantee you that lady would lose her shit if you or anyone else reacted violently against the dogs (not that I'm encouraging that). She clearly has no sense or consideration.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I have a shih tzu I worry about because he gets very anxious around other people/dogs. He needs his walks but gets scared at parks, so I walk around a couple blocks. Once there was this house that let their shepherd mix I guess wander around the neighborhood as they fixed a car. They have signs on their fence saying they are "armed" or whatever too. Dog walked up and approached us, mine was terrified and hid behind me didn't bark. Fortunately, the dog seemed friendly/curious and I just stood there quietly till he left. Didn't want to provoke him to come check us out, just in case.

I like dogs, I'm not scared of them, but dogs I don't know just wandering around with my defenseless little guy? Yeah, I stay guarded, just in case.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Yes my dog is special.

Next question.

I will agree that owners like the ones you describe should not have their dogs unleashed.

Everybody always thinks that they're the one good one and everyone else is the problem. Just like how many people think they're great drivers but everyone else is a bad driver.