• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Judge is offering Flynn the opportunity to delay sentencing until after his cooperation w/ the Special Counsel is done. I don't know if that means he'll get a different judge or not but maybe if his cooperation is more than anticipated he could get a lighter sentence? I'm just spitballing here, no real insight

Ok another tweet I saw clarified a bit more, he'S basically signaling to Flynn that he doesn't think his cooperation to this point is enough for him to avoid jail so he's giving him opportunity to cooperate MORE w/ Mueller and see if he has more to give and that might make judge consider not sending him to prison.

I'd imagine the judge feels he's not fully cooperating w/ Mueller.
Yeah I saw the tweet afterwards. Flynn must be pissing his pants right now.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

NEWS: Michael Flynn just deflated Trump's contention that he was duped into lying to FBI. "I was aware" that lying to FBI investigators was a crime when he did so over interactions with Russians, Flynn tells judge

"I do not" seek to withdraw the plea, Flynn tells the judge.

Judge Sullivan asks Flynn's attorney Stephen Anthony if Flynn was "entrapped by the FBI." Anthony says, "No, your honor." Per @kpolantz
https://twitter.com/kpolantz

It's like a million conspiracy theorists cried out, and were suddenly silenced.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Donald's favourite Fox News Judge Jeanie:

Aaron Blake @AaronBlake

This weekend, @JudgeJeanine hailed Judge Sullivan as "a jurist unafraid of the swamp, a judge who has a track record of calling out prosecutorial misconduct, a man who does not tolerate injustice or abuse of power."

She suggested he might toss Flynn's guilty plea.

Not so much!

Pirro on Saturday: "Judge Sullivan can throw out this guilty plea if he concludes the FBI intentionally interfered with their target Flynn's constitutional right to counsel."

.@JudgeJeanine on Saturday: "The amazing part of it is, if [Sullivan] does [vacate Flynn's plea], then the house of cards of Robert Mueller falls."

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

It's very clear that this is not how the White House expected Michael Flynn's sentencing to go. Sarah Sanders suggested to @BillHemmer this morning that they believed the judge would be more critical of how the FBI interviewed Flynn.

dut0o_uwkaacq7efwdeg.jpg

Doubling down:

Alan Dershowitz @AlanDersh

Even if the tactics are not unlawful, that doesn't make them right. Do we really want the fbi to have the power to conduct morality tests with criminal consequences. If these tactics were used against Clinton, Mariotti would be condemning them.

Renato Mariotti @renato_mariotti

What matters is the federal judiciary, which has repeatedly disagreed with @AlanDersh's view and has established that the tactics employed by the FBI vis-a-vis Flynn were lawful.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Judge is offering Flynn the opportunity to delay sentencing until after his cooperation w/ the Special Counsel is done. I don't know if that means he'll get a different judge or not but maybe if his cooperation is more than anticipated he could get a lighter sentence? I'm just spitballing here, no real insight

Ok another tweet I saw clarified a bit more, he'S basically signaling to Flynn that he doesn't think his cooperation to this point is enough for him to avoid jail so he's giving him opportunity to cooperate MORE w/ Mueller and see if he has more to give and that might make judge consider not sending him to prison.

I'd imagine the judge feels he's not fully cooperating w/ Mueller.

So Flynn might avoid jail time, but only if he decides to further cooperate with Mueller?

I can live with that.

Oct 26, 2017

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

It's very clear that this is not how the White House expected Michael Flynn's sentencing to go. Sarah Sanders suggested to @BillHemmer this morning that they believed the judge would be more critical of how the FBI interviewed Flynn.

dut0o_uwkaacq7efwdeg.jpg

Doubling down:

Alan Dershowitz @AlanDersh

Even if the tactics are not unlawful, that doesn't make them right. Do we really want the fbi to have the power to conduct morality tests with criminal consequences. If these tactics were used against Clinton, Mariotti would be condemning them.

Renato Mariotti @renato_mariotti

What matters is the federal judiciary, which has repeatedly disagreed with @AlanDersh's view and has established that the tactics employed by the FBI vis-a-vis Flynn were lawful.

IMAGINE BEING A FLY ON THAT WALL.

Judge:" treason?"

white house staff: * disperses like roaches when the lights get turned on*

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

About to happen, and a link to a summary of the day's events so far.

Michael Flynn and his lawyers are now back at the defense table, awaiting the judge.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow I wasn't expecting this at all.

Thought the judge was going to go easy on him... Damn.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
The guy's a general who betrayed his country. If I was a judge, that would be the last person I would handle with kid gloves.
"All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser to the President of the United States," the judge tells Mike Flynn. "That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably, you sold your country out."
So much for that lighter sentence. Ha.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Eric Tucker @etuckerAP

Flynn has returned to the courtroom after a recess. He is sitting quietly in his chair between his lawyers. Not smiling

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Andrea Mitchell notes on @MSNBC: Michael Flynn's plea agreement with the Special Counsel's Office said that he waived his right to appeal the sentence in this case.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Aaron Blake @AaronBlake

This weekend, @JudgeJeanine hailed Judge Sullivan as "a jurist unafraid of the swamp, a judge who has a track record of calling out prosecutorial misconduct, a man who does not tolerate injustice or abuse of power."

Not so much!

Pirro on Saturday: "Judge Sullivan can throw out this guilty plea if he concludes the FBI intentionally interfered with their target Flynn's constitutional right to counsel."

.@JudgeJeanine on Saturday: "The amazing part of it is, if [Sullivan] does [vacate Flynn's plea], then the house of cards of Robert Mueller falls."

WOMP WOMP

Firewithin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Orange County

Aaron Blake @AaronBlake

Not so much!

Michael Jordan laughing dot gif. Too much lols here

stew

Dec 2, 2017
I think the Judge knows it would be more helpful to Mueller to not send him to jail.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a play to get more information out of him because the special counsel believes he hasn't been fully transparent...?

How much more information could you get out of the guy at this point otherwise?

I think it's just because the judge is pissed at the sentencing memo his attorneys submitted and does not agree with special counsel's recommendation of something on the low end of 0 to six months of jail time. He's already said Flynn sold his country out and asked in open court why Flynn wasn't charged with treason.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a play to get more information out of him because the special counsel believes he hasn't been fully transparent...?

How much more information could you get out of the guy at this point otherwise?

Unfortunately the best anyone can give is a guess. Special Council's actions here with Flynn likely have a lot to do with how much info Mueller has or still needs.... since Mueller recommended no jail time, it's likely they either dont need him or (less likely) he doesnt know what info they need

Mueller doesnt control the judges though, so in the end they can suggest something but the judge can be like nah and just dunk on Flynn... which is I think what we all really want, deep down

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like the judge put the fear of god(aka jail time) into Flynn. Hope he has something worthwhile to provide Mueller still.

Edit: oh, only the EDVA case? Meh.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Delaying the sentencing would be funny considering how much Trump tried to sneak through the news cycle under the cover of his sentencing.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Flynn now going to want to cooperate even further to avoid jail time. Seems like a win to me. Good on this judge for actually caring about America. I mean I get that Flynn was no doubt turning on bigger fish, but, why let him be the next George Papa complaining on twitter it's all a witch hunt because little to no jail was served?

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Smart man. The judge was practically holding up a sign saying "get out of my courtroom, you fucking traitor." Surprised it took his lawyers that long to take the hint.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Flynn now going to want to cooperate even further to avoid jail time. Seems like a win to me. Good on this judge for actually caring about America. I mean I get that Flynn was no doubt turning on bigger fish, but, why let him be the next George Papa complaining on twitter it's all a witch hunt because little to no jail was served?

This is how I feel. It could be a situation of 'I've got more info, Mr. Defense, and I'll talk if it keeps me from going to prison.'

Papa should be run out of town. Scheming little prick.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I'm a bit behind, so forgive me.

Mueller recommended no jail time for Flynn, but there is still a chance, and it looks like it, for Flynn to go to jail tonight?