• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Sullivan also noted that Flynn could have been charged with other crimes that were not included in his plea agreement.

"All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser to the president of the United States," he said. "Arguably, that undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably, you sold your country out."

"I'm not hiding my disgust, my distain, for this criminal offense," he continued.

Sullivan later said he misspoke when suggesting Flynn acted as a foreign agent in the White House, noting Flynn's lobbying work ended before he started working for the Trump administration.

"I felt terrible about that," Sullivan said after a brief recess.

Sullivan said he would take into account Flynn's public service and military career and his cooperation in the investigation when sentencing him. But he underscored the gravity of the offense nevertheless and signaled that would be a major factor.

In a surprise twist, Flynn decided to delay his sentencing on Tuesday, after Sullivan gave him the chance to push it back until his full cooperation in the Mueller investigation and other probes is realized, given that it could result in a more lenient sentence.

Flynn's attorneys said he would do so, citing foreign lobbying charges unveiled Monday against Flynn's former business associate and noting it was likely he would testify at an upcoming trial in that case.

"There's that additional modicum of cooperation that he expects to provide in the [Eastern District of Virginia," Robert Kelner, one of Flynn's attorneys, told Sullivan. "For that reason, we are prepared to take your honor up on the suggestion to delaying sentencing."

Flynn's lawyers ahead of the hearing had suggested their client had been wronged by the FBI agents interviewing him, noting they did not warn him it was a crime to lie to the FBI and that the interview was conducted without White House counsel present.

Flynn's attorneys Robert Kelner and Stephen Anthony clarified Tuesday they did not believe Flynn had been entrapped by the bureau but chose to include details about his interview so the judge could compare Flynn's case to others who have been charged and sentenced for the same crime in connection with Mueller's investigation, arguing he deserved less prison time.

I'm trying to get a read this situation because I don't think it's "all good" as most seem to think here. Yes, Trump is stupid, but let's analyze this for a second:

1) Flynn's lawyers thought that the federal judge would give him a short sentence;
2) Federal judge goes all in on calling Flynn's crimes;
3) Flynn's lawyers get cold feet and the ruling is postponed for March;
4) Before that, who gives Flynn's a very public demonstration of support? Orange Jabba.

I don't think the point 4 came for free. I hope Mueller is on the case and has Flynn cornered, so while I'm optimistic, I'm cautiously so. If anyone is able to walk me through it on my concerns, I'd love to read so.

Last edited:

DirtCase

Oct 29, 2017
Always assumed this was a God Emperor of Dune reference, since Trump looks like a giant worm.
I always thought it was a reference to God Emperor of Dune in which the son of Paul Atreides transforms into a sandworm/human hybrid and rules over the galaxy for 3,500 years.

Edit: beaten!

I am/was more familiar with Dune than 40k and definitely had a few head scratcher moments. Thinking "Why would these people compare Trump to Leto II? at least Leto II had a vision and wanted to save the human race."

Then I saw a picture and figured it out pretty quickly.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am/was more familiar with Dune than 40k and definitely had a few head scratcher moments. Thinking "Why would these people compare Trump to Leto II? at least Leto II had a vision and wanted to save the human race."

Then I saw a picture and figured it out pretty quickly.

I could be wrong but I believe that the idea of a God Emperor of Mankind was something 40K "borrowed" from Dune. Not sure which came first though

Perturabo

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's kinda like how people took Matrix red pilling as an MRA thing when the creators were trans and the red pill messaging was more about that. Or the way people interpret fight club. Don't let it affect your enjoyment of something because people don't get the point.
Fair point, still enjoy they hobby, books, and games, just gets annoying.

DirtCase

Oct 29, 2017
I could be wrong but I believe that the idea of a God Emperor of Mankind was something 40K "borrowed" from Dune. Not sure which came first though
God Emperor of Dune came out in 1981. First rulebook for WH 40k came out in 1987.

Regardless they are two totally different examples of long lived galactic emperors and not really similar beyond that.

**edit. Which is not really the point. It's just weird that these people can even ironically refer to trump as a "God" or an "Emperor"'. And it the case of both WH 40k and Dune, the God Emperors actually gave a shit about the human race. It just manifested itself entirely differently.

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
In my opinion, this is the biggest development today and something Mueller and his team need to investigate:

Regardless how much desperate Trump is, there must be a WHY for this.

Oct 27, 2017
In my opinion, this is the biggest development today and something Mueller and his team need to investigate:

Regardless how much desperate Trump is, there must be a WHY for this.

Isn't the why as simple as either A.) He has shit to hide and is nervous, or B.) He cares about nothing other than loyalty. Not justice, not the truth, not America, only loyalty.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Isn't the why as simple as either A.) He has shit to hide and is nervous, or B.) He cares about nothing other than loyalty. Not justice, not the truth, not America, only loyalty.

Nah, it's much more damning, I believe. It implies that Flynn is still holding things back from the FBI, which would arguably make his situation - and Trump's - even worse if Mueller's team is able to prove it somehow without him.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sullivan really ripped Flynns ass today and it is so good. FoxNews was hyping up how unafraid of the Swamp Sullivan is etc. and how he would save Flynn from the evil Government conspiring against him.

Sullivan came out spitting fire at Flynns ass instead

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There will come a point when Trump supporters are floating adrift on a raft in the midst of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, and when a shark leaps from the water and eats one of their feet, they will all happily crow, "Looks like the libs lost again!"
68145736.jpg

It's a whole cult of Wimp Lo's.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Sullivan really ripped Flynns ass today and it is so good. FoxNews was hyping up how unafraid of the Swamp Sullivan is etc. and how he would save Flynn from the evil Government conspiring against him.

It was great! I was talking about this in another topic, I know he flipped and got some other people but he deserves jail time for what he did.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017

The thing is, it was so fucking stupid. I can't believe that Kelner was actually fucking stupid enough to put "the FBI kicked Flynn in the dick" in the sentencing brief. The golden rule of being a trial lawyer is "You never ask a question on cross examination to which you do not know the answer to". Kelner needed to extrapolate it to asking for the FBI's receipts because unless the FBI is as corrupt as they thought to believe while huffing their own supply (another big no-no).

Kelner could have just gotten on Fox News and insinuated how corrupt the FBI was until the cows came home. He could have just left it open ended. Yeah, Flynn played Trump but Flynn was SWINDLED into doing it! No muss, no fuss. Instead he put it in the fucking sentencing brief, the judge asked for the receipts, and, well, it was just a straight punch to Flynn's dick. The only literal way it could have helped would have been if the 302 literally had Peter Strokz swearing to "WE CORRUPT AS FUCK YO AND TRICKED THAT BITCH!". Not only that, it literally documents how Flynn was so GD eager to sell everyone out!

Instead of being able to walk out of court with a smack on the wrist, Flynn now has three months to come up with a damn good reason not to be sent to Club Fed for a few months. These people are just so fucking incompetent at running a conspiracy it beggars belief.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny because people are hanging out and fishing for pardons but once they're pardoned they lose all 5th amendment rights to shut the fuck up and they'll have to spill or be held in contempt which Papa Orange can't get them out of. Someone has obviously gotten this through Trump's thick skull. Not pardoning Manafort basically signaled that everyone needs to cut a deal and cut one YESTERDAY because there's no winning move for Agent Orange.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I had to do a double take on the part where the judge asked if he could be tried for treason.

....omg.....