• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

Original trailer to get a feel of what the game is above.

The game is being overhauled, the updates will come to the other platforms on the same day.
  • Spooky mode - original experience; death isn't permanent
  • Scary mode- Permadeath that'll boot you to the main menu
  • Story mode- "walking simulator". Allows you to explore the house without fear of dying.

It's a game where you play as a blind girl that "sees" through hearing.
Source

teflontactics

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Been looking at this one quite a bit today, and I'm pretty hyped for it to hit Switch. I was hoping for a good "scary" game for Halloween, and it seems that The Deep End Games will be delivering.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Really looking forward to this one, will buy it today the moment it's available. Anyone else?

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The update sounds nice. I might have to check back in. I was initially underwhelmed by the game. However, the update could alleviate some of my grievances with the game. I doubt that it will be more subtle now, but I could turn off the enemy and maybe Perception clicks a bit more in walking simulator mode.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I'm a bit under the weather so my Halloween was spent playing this in bed. It's a really nice surprise. Enjoying it a lot! Here's a capture:
DNfaUOBUIAAblAg

Blackueen

Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
The update sounds nice. I might have to check back in. I was initially underwhelmed by the game. However, the update could alleviate some of my grievances with the game. I doubt that it will be more subtle now, but I could turn off the enemy and maybe Perception clicks a bit more in walking simulator mode.
What were those grievances exactly? The games reception was somewhat lukewarm but the whole concept sounds cool so I would be willing to check it out. Impressions would be welcome!

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sure, I backed Perception on Kickstarter and was really looking forward to play it because of the innovative premise and the stylish screenshots. Sadly, my first impressions were really bad. The voiceover narrative felt unnatural and was full of stereotypes. The story behind the narrative sounded even more clichéd. I could've stomached that if the atmosphere had been eerie enough to let me forget the stupidity of the plot. Unfortunately, the game completely lacks any subtlety. Things go bump in the night from the very start. After half an hour you have seen countless things moving by invisible hands, ghosts lurking und things slam shut loudly. It's like an haunted house tour at the carnival.
Really annoying is that your only method of seeing or, well, perception is some kind of sonar you can use by the thumping of your kane. However, loud noises attract ghosts that apparently chase you. That concept prooved to be not scary but just annoying.
The gameplay is basically completely linear. The corridors and halls are full of boxes that obstruct your ability to traverse the mansion, or doors open and shut by the will of the narrative. A click of a button lets you see your next objective and you have to reach that and then the next event happens or door opens. You basically strictly follow the carrot. There is no real exploration or sense of discovery. At least in chapter 1. I didn't find the motivation to push further.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Well, still in Chapter 1 (I play slowly..) but so far I'm enjoying myself. Personally, so far I find it scary (I do play with earphones, and with the lights off... :-)) as you never know what's around the corner, you can see only what's reasonably close to you and the only way to "see" things is hitting with your cane. Will continue playing tomorrow, no more time today.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
So, really enjoy the game so far, but - I'm stuck. Not sure if it's just my not finding something, or a bug.

Jonneh, teflontactics, anybody? Have any of you finished chapter 2? Old walkthroughs can't help, because they made serious changes in the game and the order of things.

Here's where I am in Chapter 2:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
UPDATE: I have been in communications with one of the developers and it was apparently a bug. So, if anyone gets stuck in chapter 2 after
Hidden content
, you need to quit the game, restart from the last save and
Hidden content

Last edited: