• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you like your puddles?

• The entire game should take place inside a huge puddle

• As big as Insomniac's artists want them to be

• As deep as my knowledge of game development

• I prefer oceans tbh

• Don't go chasing Waterfalls

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Am I doing this right

spm.jpg

Nice one :)

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
What the actual fuck are you going on about. Read the posts. The picture I was saying was a joke WAS A FUCKING JOKE and it wasn't posted by me ffs. Seriously man, just read before you try to "ah gotcha" me. It makes you look dumb.
Soo.. you started out serious, but now you're not and people are supposed to know this how? Fuck the sarcasm, you're getting what you deserve.. lol

Get his ass!

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Call that as you wish. Even if there is a downgrade, that doesn't mean it's a diss on the game. The Witcher 3 has been notorious for its downgrade, still, it's potential Game of the Generation.

So people need to chill. If some gamers believe there was a downgrade - which is possible - that's not an attack on the potential game greatness.

Don't take my word for it. Listen to what digital foundry's Dark1x has to say.
NHDi4Ws.png

Saw this. Don't even know what to say.
THANKS NVIDIA
Myup. That guy probably heard about ray tracing for the first time with all this Nvidia stuff going around. This is what you get when you try and educate your audience I guess. It's like giving a sharp knife to a toddler.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
You know what? You're an absolutely ridiculous poster. Why take a quote and twist it to suit your own objective. You still haven't even provided the receipts. Ignore list once again.

Literally nothing of value lost here.

You were arguing a downgrade earlier in the thread.

Traffic density downgrade. Lighting downgrade. Geometry complexity change.

I prefer the og lighting here.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
God the salty tears I can taste are going to be in the gallons when this game releases next week. So much they will spill over and create salty tear puddles......we should call them tuddles.

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
Well, it DOES look like an overall downgrade, but is it really a good reason to make an outrage about?
Some people must have very sad lives if they can't have anything better to do than to start fights for stupid stuff like that.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
User banned (3 days): constant hostility throughout the entire thread. Abuse of report system.
Soo.. you started out serious, but now you're not and people are supposed to know this how? Fuck the sarcasm, you're getting what you deserve.. lol

Get his ass!
Wowowowowowowow.
Please just read the thread.

The picture you thought was serious was a troll post, posted by another member. Therefore I was trying to tell you it was a joke picture. However you already noticed so I was saying the same thing you were saying but now you're trying to get me dogpiled? Oh, errm ok then.

Do I really have to explain like you're 5 years old.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Imagine you've worked on a game for years and a week before it's out, when you should be celebrating the achievement, this kind of thing gains traction.

My heart goes out to insomniac

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Don't give a damn about downgrades, but that washed out matte red is some ugly shit on the final costume. Here's hoping you can find good alternative skins as early as possible.

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
UB58pxa.png

They figured it out. It's all just a huge Nvidia conspiracy.
WE DID IT REDDIT

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Ive been following this since 2016 so yeah? but that gif comparison is far worse than the stupid puddle change which is my point, we will see how the density holds up in the release, we can't really tell until then.

If you've been following Spider-Man then you'll know that the pedestrian/car density is pretty much the same since gameplay reveal.

And your comparison gif actually exhibits a technical upgrade in the gold build.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Well, it DOES look like an overall downgrade, but is it really a good reason to make an outrage about?
Some people must have very sad lives if they can't have anything better to do than to start fights for stupid stuff like that.
Nirolak, could you please update the OP with like Dark1x's post, along with some examples posted around the thread? Might help people coming in here blind.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Imagine you've worked on a game for years and a week before it's out, when you should be celebrating the achievement, this kind of thing gains traction.

My heart goes out to insomniac

Yea, they have to have the thickest skins and biggest spirits to endure such shitty reactions from people who mostly won't be buying the game, or didn't care in the first place to actually follow how the game has been developing for the past couple years.

Hope they know that I've been a fan since Spyro, and even endured when I saw Ted Price at pax trying his darnedest to sell Fuse. I could listen to him all day talk about any game regardless if I liked it or not.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Is it due to the Pro not being powerful enough to handle bigger puddles?
Is it one of these situations?
giphy.gif

I'm probably never going to finish the story, I'll end up using it as just a web swinging simulator. My only gripe so far is you don't see Spider-man's reflection in the buildings.

Machine Law

Oct 26, 2017
Look, I know there's a lot of fooling around here, but ya'll need to get your eyes checked if you don't see a downgrade. As someone who's worked in game graphics development before, there's clearly a downgrade.

OUxKwU6.jpg

R46oqr.jpg

1. There's a red filter applied to the suit to hide the less details of the 2018 version
2. A downgrade in amount of webbing being used by the spider
3. The windows of the building in the background are missing reflections
4. Helicopter is no longer reflecting light (is the helicopter matte now too. huh?)
5. Before anyone says the lighting is different, look at the shadow in the bottom, it's in the same place.

Wake up people. You're looking at a downgrade.

Dumb posts like this is why the topic will keep getting bigger and in turn make people more defensive.

The pics on the OP show a very obvious change in either art direction or graphics quality.

100% a density and LoD downgrade

Any developers or insiders that can comment on this change and enlighten us?

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Yup, I agree. Another example they'll most likely ignore...

jTMtkUE.png

Completely different photos.

The peoblem is that there are a lot of people who buys games based on graphics. Most of them are teenagers.
Iiiiiiiiiiiif the developer is making up the game, they are doing this to trick these customers and this is wrong.

Ubisoft does this a lot. This wont change my opinion of the game. I had a wii and took 4years ro buy a ps3. For me it's not important but for a lot of people is.

Tricking theses customers is wrong, imoral and ilegal (at least in Brazil).

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Is it due to the Pro not being powerful enough to handle bigger puddles?
Is it one of these situations?
giphy.gif

I'm probably never going to finish the story, I'll end up using it as just a web swinging simulator. My only gripe so far is you don't see Spider-man's reflection in the buildings.
The game can handle puddles just fine.
Here's a different segment of the game from the latest build. Sure looks like puddles have gone....lol.

CACrXSr.gif

EpsilonEagle

May 9, 2018
Peachtree City, GA
This is different though, because all the things besides suit bloom are still present in the game. (which they claimed they would change)

The puddles, the shadows, the small suit texture details, the amount of cars/people. If you worked hard to make sure they made it in, I wouldnt let anyone claim they were downgraded

Good point.

is that a smaller puddle

LOL!!!

Still a more worthy cause than curse words in Cyberpunk.

Yes!

There are reasonable people who find those tweets reassuring or illuminating though. It's a lose-lose but I don't think saying nothing helps them and it's been shown that is not how Insomniac operates. They have been open and have communicated with fans consistently throughout development. Most people have appreciated that. I wouldn't want the latest /r/gaming circlejerk or outrage to dissuade them from communicating and I'm glad they haven't done that.

I see what you're saying. I guess it would be kind of weird for them to not respond to something (ridiculous though it may be) if they've been engaging extensively with the fans throughout the development process. It just adds to the frustration of seeing such healthy communication get dragged down by nonsense.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
People are complaining about a game because lack of a freaking puddle? Seems like just another day on the internet.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's gonna be downgraded at all, except those animations will probably not be as fluid as the E3 demo, happy to be proven wrong though. motion matching was it i think? sounds quite next gen if it lives up to that E3 demo.

That demo was of someone playing... Don't know why you think the animations would have a downgrade at all.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Completely different photos.

The peoblem is that there are a lot of people who buys games based on graphics. Most of them are teenagers.
Iiiiiiiiiiiif the developer is making up the game, they are doing this to trick these customers and this is wrong.

Ubisoft does this a lot. This wont change my opinion of the game. I had a wii and took 4years ro buy a ps3. For me it's not important but for a lot of people is.

Tricking theses customers is wrong, imoral and ilegal (at least in Brazil).
They are not tricking their consumers.

Oct 31, 2017
I think that's the game we all wanted, but without a game inside a puddle what do we have... A dude who flings webs and stuff , flys around the city from building to building. Sounds way to easy!

The biggest obstacle will be does he click same day shipping or fling himself over and pickup his package containing dry socks.

I get you can't even get stuff delivered to a puddle, plus when he finally opens them they'll just get wet. Because, you know, puddle. It's a lot like Dante's Inferno or Anne of Green Gables.

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
I photoshopped the "downgraded" version and guess what: it's just the lighting (and a blue filter).

X79JYY6.png

Get it over with guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.