• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
How the fff does the gun work with the air?
You hold it? I saw that you have to actually jump but its kinda awkward in the GC controller, so you put jump on another button? Any tips?

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoy Joker, there's some stuff people can do that's a bit out of my skill level with him, but I'm still having a lot of fun.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

DcpSbTIUwAU_WFF.jpg

You know what to do, Nintendo.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
One day in the distant future this is going to happen, but it will be a protagonist from SMT with demons. Some combination of 3 or 4: Jack Frost (ice/support buff), Cu Chulainn (wind/gun), Alice (darkness/support debuff/ailments), Cerberus (fire/phys), Pixie (elec/healing), Angel (light/healing).

The dream isn't dead.

Well, for now it kind of is...
what the hell is smt

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How the fff does the gun work with the air?
You hold it? I saw that you have to actually jump but its kinda awkward in the GC controller, so you put jump on another button? Any tips?
if you have tap jump on you can use that

...they really should let you do that with tap jump off, though

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Joker is fun as hell, feels pretty strong too (especially with Aresne up).

Only thing I'm not feeling is his gun. Not sure when to really use it, and the inputs are weird when you're in midair. Easy to get a down B instead.

Still, his f-tilt is amazing.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At first joker seemed really weak but as I'ce played him more he seems really good! I just need to learn to be more aggressive as people just run away from me when I have aresen up.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
This Persona music is... not for me.
Gonna pull a Final Fantasy and just enable 2 tracks on Mementos. Yeah, controversial opinion. I know. Neat stage though.
VzOfm4U.png

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Joker is fun as hell, feels pretty strong too (especially with Aresne up).

Only thing I'm not feeling is his gun. Not sure when to really use it, and the inputs are weird when you're in midair. Easy to get a down B instead.

Still, his f-tilt is amazing.
I've found it's actually quite good at edge guarding certain characters, jump off then fire and hold down to do the downward shooting while moving away from the stage to kinda create a wall that drags them backwards a bit, it can knock opponents back from the stage and, depending on their recovery (works better on characters with more vertical recoveries like Chrom or Link), gimp them, have killed 3-4 people using this. It's also pretty good for just applying pressure in general, though you have to be careful with that due to end lag.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who's never played a Persona game, can someone put Joker's classic mode into context for me?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who's never played a Persona game, can someone put Joker's classic mode into context for me?
In Persona 5 you face monsters called Shadows. You can fight them but you can also convince them to join you and obtain them as Persona.(think Pokémon)

So you beat the dark character and then they join you in the next fight.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't thought about it, are you saying some stages do support it? Wii U stage builder felt like a massive missed opportunity to block it entirely. Is there some visible limit you have to meet to get 8-player support?
The weight meter in the builder has a threshold and notifies you when you cross it either way.

MegaZubat

Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't thought about it, are you saying some stages do support it? Wii U stage builder felt like a massive missed opportunity to block it entirely. Is there some visible limit you have to meet to get 8-player support?

Custom stages support 8p unless you place too many items. There's a meter that fills up as you're building and crossing a certain point on that meter drops it to a 4p max stage.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't catch this til yesterday, but they actually tweaked the lyrics of Mass Destruction. I wasn't sure if they would or not.

Original:

The enemy you're fighting
Covers all society (Damn right)

Smash:

The enemy you're fighting
Covers all society (All right)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized "Life Will Change" was in Joker's debut trailer, yet it's not featured in Smash. How in the world? They couldn't even get the instrumental, which is what the trailer used.

We don't need "Our Beginning". Swap that out, especially when it's not made for looping.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
?

Were you not interested in seeing high-level Joker gameplay? I was pointing out you can find it in other VoDs of the tournament.

Because yeah, I agree with you that that Cloud was super weak. Not a good showcase there.

Ohhhh sorry! Completely misunderstood what you meant! Geez it's been a long day.

I'll be sure to check them out. Thank you! 😅

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I've found it's actually quite good at edge guarding certain characters, jump off then fire and hold down to do the downward shooting while moving away from the stage to kinda create a wall that drags them backwards a bit, it can knock opponents back from the stage and, depending on their recovery (works better on characters with more vertical recoveries like Chrom or Link), gimp them, have killed 3-4 people using this. It's also pretty good for just applying pressure in general, though you have to be careful with that due to end lag.

This works shockingly well on some characters. Saw a video of someone gimping Fox's recovery immediately after tossing him off stage, at like 15%.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Man, it sure is fucking something to have Reach Out to the truth in smash.

Back when P4 was new, it was a super niche, so completely out of the mainstream.
I did think occasionally when playing Brawl about P4 in smash but as something of a pipe dream that would never happen.

Here we are.