• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Persona 3 Dancing having less Reviews cause of all the People only having played 5.
sadlife
The Remixes in 3 Dancing are much better.
And I've only played 4 Golden and 5 lol.
(Although I still plan to get to 3)

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
5 is going to have a notably lower score. So much less music to pull from, less vocal tracks too.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
I heard there's no story like 4DAN?

Nope, about three hours worth of social link content for each game. Personally, I like this more given that I thought the story for P4DAN is so mediocre.

Damn wasn't expecting a 9/8 from GameSpot considering how little content there is compared to 4 DAN

While the content is much more lacking in these games, I think the quality of what's there is a lot better than that of what 4 offered.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
I heard there's no story like 4DAN?
lolwut? P4D has a story, albeit through a visual novel. P3D and P5D on the other hand do not. Both of their "stories" are identical and the only story elements that play out are conversations with each character. P4D definitely had WAY more thought put into it as a complete product. It's crazy to me that P3D and P5D weren't sold as a single game.

Oct 30, 2017
lolwut? P4D has a story, albeit through a visual novel. P3D and P5D on the other hand do not. Both of their "stories" are identical and the only story elements that play out are conversations with each character. P4D definitely had WAY more thought put into it as a complete product. It's crazy to me that P3D and P5D weren't sold as a single game.

I worded it poorly. Should have put "unlike" P4D. It's insane that both 3 and 5 D have less content than 4 but are more expensive

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
I worded it poorly. Should have put "unlike" P4D. It's insane that both 3 and 5 D have less content than 4 but are more expensive
Agreed. I would also argue the songs were a lot better in P4D than in both P3D and P5D but I guess that's really subjective. It just seems love and genuine care was given to P4D, and felt less like a cash grab than the two current dancing games do. It's a shame because both P3 and P5 deserved better.

Oct 30, 2017
Agreed. I would also argue the songs were a lot better in P4D than in both P3D and P5D but I guess that's really subjective. It just seems love and genuine care was given to P4D, and felt less like a cash grab than the two current dancing games do. It's a shame because both P3 and P5 deserved better.

I loved the soundtrack in P4D. I hope Atlus puts up the P3 and 5 D soundtracks on iTunes like they did with the original persona 5 soundtrack.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Only reason I still have this preordered is I got the $100 edition for $60 on Amazon from the pricing error and I'm still probably going to cancel it by Saturday before it ships.

All the impressions seem pretty negative and $60 for all three games doesn't even seem like a good deal with how barren the content is.

Plus there's no dual audio right? I can't play the Japanese dub for Persona 5? Those are the only voices I know from the P5 crew so it would be jarring for Switch to English after 250 hours of the Japanese cast.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Only reason I still have this preordered is I got the $100 edition for $60 on Amazon from the pricing error and I'm still probably going to cancel it by Saturday before it ships.

All the impressions seem pretty negative and $60 for all three games doesn't even seem like a good deal with how barren the content is.

Plus there's no dual audio right? I can't play the Japanese dub for Persona 5? Those are the only voices I know from the P5 crew so it would be jarring for Switch to English after 250 hours of the Japanese cast.
There is dual audio for both P3D and P5D. I don't think the PS4 version of P4D has dual audio though.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017

If you have any interest in having all three games on PS4, keep the $100 edition. I can't see either 3 or 5 dropping below $30, and you for some reason can't get P4 DAN on PS4 by itself.

And I believe it does have dual audio.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While the content is much more lacking in these games, I think the quality of what's there is a lot better than that of what 4 offered.
Nah, not really. Dancing All Night was a far better package overall, content-wise. 3's okay due to track variety, but 5 feels really lacking.

MVs are also a step down from DAN, there's a lot less going on visually. The camera's less dynamic, backgrounds are mostly static, and don't switch like they did in P4D. Maybe to help people focus more on the gameplay, but there's a distinct lack of energy now.

For comparison:

3+5 do have those prerendered group MV's, but each game only has two.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Better reviews than I expected. I didn't enjoy the demos, it was a combination of the quality of the remixes and playing on a giant tv. So I don't think I'll be picking these up but those reviews are good news for those that are still interested.

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
MVs are also a step down from DAN, there's a lot less going on visually. The camera's less dynamic, backgrounds are mostly static, and don't switch like they did in P4D. Maybe to help people focus more on the gameplay, but there's a distinct lack of energy now.

This is one of the reasons I like it better, and even though there overall cinematography is less expressive, I think the dance choreography is a lot more well done and fluid than that of 4's, that's what I value at least.

I also think the tracks for 5 DSN is better than that of 4's too (not better than 3's though), but that's just a personal opinion.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are not this game lackluster at best rythm games? don't know why they have so high scores

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Are we getting DLC here in the states or is it all included?
The DLC plans are being announced at a later date.
So far we know you get the Shinjiro/Akechi dlc as a pre order bonus for the PS4 games, while the SMT costumes are a pre order bonus for the Vita games.

Edit: See TP-'s post further down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like the big negative thing here is that the games are in no way worth $60 for the amount of content they offer, which is valid.

JunkerWoland

Jun 8, 2018
Can anyone outright confirm there's no Japanese audio option for Persona 4 Dancing? I have the three-game set pre-ordered at $60, but P4D and being able to play it in Japanese with English text is what most interests me.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely prefer P3 Dancing over P5 Dancing as I liked the remixes and track collection more, but at the end of the day both games suffer from ho-hum remixes and sub-par rhythm gameplay. It's a rhythm game for people who aren't into rhythm games, the fan-service is front and center. The character models and dances are really great, but at the end of the day not enough to motivate me in the long run.

Instead of a story mode they've introduced social links for each character that you can unlock by meeting certain requirements (eg "play x songs on any difficulty"). They're all boring as fuck.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Between P4D's "Dance!" and "Calystegia," and P3D's "Our Moment" and its credits theme, I think I would have liked it if all of these rhythm games had more original music which were evocative of the original titles rather than it mainly being about known songs.
Instead of a story mode they've introduced social links for each character that you can unlock by meeting certain requirements (eg "play x songs on any difficulty"). They're all boring as fuck.
Interesting. The Social events were a positive surprise for me. They were longer than I thought they'd be, and they were full of cool character interactions and character development, which is the kind of thing I want to see in these spin-offs. Couldn't get enough of them.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn wasn't expecting a 9/8 from GameSpot considering how little content there is compared to 4 DAN

People keep saying this but I don't understand why. Don't these games only have like 3 less songs than P4D? They're also missing story mode but aside from these two things that's about it from what I can tell. In the place of story mode there seems to be that social thing. I'm personally glad story mode is gone because it was an absolute chore to get through in P4D. I've never mashed X in a Persona game to get through dialogue as quickly as possible before playing P4D.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
People keep saying this but I don't understand why. Don't these games only have like 3 less songs than P4D? They're also missing story mode but aside from these two things that's about it from what I can tell. In the place of story mode there seems to be that social thing. I'm personally glad story mode is gone because it was an absolute chore to get through in P4D. I've never mashed X in a Persona game to get through dialogue as quickly as possible before playing P4D.
There's 27 songs in the base P4D and 25 songs each in P3/5D. There's a couple of tracks in P3/5D that are just basically FMV's but there are a couple of unique group dances as well.
I agree about the story mode in P4D being a slog as well. I think the social scenes in P3/5D should be better as they focus on the main cast.

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm maybe I should keep my price errors combo edition from Amazon...
At $20/game? Seems like a no-brainer to me. If not, it should be easy to unload for the error price.

Even if the games aren't spectacular, I'm sure I'll get $20 worth of enjoyment out of each of them, despite already having P4D Vita.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's 27 songs in the base P4D and 25 songs each in P3/5D. There's a couple of tracks in P3/5D that are just basically FMV's but there are a couple of unique group dances as well.
I agree about the story mode in P4D being a slog as well. I think the social scenes in P3/5D should be better as they focus on the main cast.

Exactly. These games barely seem to have less content than P4D, and the social scenes look a lot better than the story in that game as well. To me, they practically has the same content as P4D. The only thing I'm really disappointed about is not having an actual dance for the freaking main themes for each game. Hell, the full version is DLC.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Between P4D's "Dance!" and "Calystegia," and P3D's "Our Moment" and its credits theme, I think I would have liked it if all of these rhythm games had more original music which were evocative of the original titles rather than it mainly being about known songs.
Definitely, ideally they would strike an ideal balance between remixes, old songs and then new songs with an overall higher song count.
The biggest issue to me song wise was that P5/3 have around 5 songs each that aren't given choreographed dances, compared to P4D which only had one song without a dance at launch and that was the end credits theme.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Have not seen any mentions of VR yet in reviews.

Looking forward to these games! Have not played a lot in the music genre but been enjoying Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call. Love P3-P5 so no brainiers to play these

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually pleased by the remove of the story fluff. Especially since these are two different games. Glad I jumped on the price error bandwagon since I need to drop another 60 or so to import the steelbook. Kinda salty they didn't bring that over as well, but oh well.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely, ideally they would strike an ideal balance between remixes, old songs and then new songs with an overall higher song count.

The biggest issue to me song wise was that P5/3 have around 5 songs each that aren't given choreographed dances, compared to P4D which only had one song without a dance at launch and that was the end credits theme.

Oh damn. Which songs are these? I know two of them are the main themes and the music videos. Are the credits themes in the base game? I know they don't have dances either.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Oh damn. Which songs are these? I know two of them are the main themes and the music videos. Are the credits themes in the base game? I know they don't have dances either.
The credits themes for the dancing games as well as the P3FES and P5 credits are in the game and are just video songs.

Oct 25, 2017
The DLC plans are being announced at a later date.
So far we know you get the Shinjiro/Akechi dlc as a pre order bonus for the PS4 games, while the SMT costumes are a pre order bonus for the Vita games.

The Megaten constumes are the bundle bonus for the digital only Vita versions
The 2 characters will be free for the first two weeks for Vita
You can't preorder the Vita versions so there's no bonus for that

PS4 gets the characters as a pre order bonus and P4DAN as a bundle bonus

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Unexpectedly high scores. The games are sort of fun and have amazing style, but the value is super bad and the song remixes are inconsistent. A mild letdown even after just an OK P4D.

Play DJMax instead.