• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This comes from Im A Hero Too that previously talked about Persona 3 remake.

Remake is pretty far along last I saw but so was 6. Last I heard, summer reveal.

With 3 games in dev, I'm still shocked they keep cancelling/changing reveal timing with events/press.

Just a head's up, it was supposed to be shown already.

Changed their minds at the drop of a hat...no that didn't annoy our team :)

:(

Last edited:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Bring all the Personas!

But someday give Trauma Center 1% of this love pls

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting really tired of all this teasing about projects that are supposedly REALLY FAR into dev but just haven't been shown yet.

Who the fuck is supposed to be developing this? Atlus is pretty much entirely spoken for.

Why even release P3P if you're just gonna remake 3?

Also, grown ass people for P6 pls.

agreed

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017

qe009MFu_400x400.png

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

In my opinion, that they decided on P3 Portable is an even bigger indication of the remake existing. They choose to release the paired back version of the game, so when the remake comes out the difference is even bigger.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Seems like this summer is going to be a big one for Persona game if this pans out.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018

To sell you something easy to port, which is at the same time a watered down version of the original content with a lot of missing stuff, so when P3R will launch and people have played P3P will purchase it again to get the "full" experience.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda tepid on Persona, but I wonder what the third game is...

Edit: Ah forgot about "Re:Fantasy"

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK

I hope the industry moves towards putting out ports of the originals when they remake stuff

The original games are not worthless once a remake comes out, in some cases both versions are worth playing

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think the most important question to ask is what will P6's color be.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Really hope neither of these are exclusive, but I think I Am A Hero Too noted that P6 was last they heard. Hope I just imagined that

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
P6 should be an upstart joining some mega corporation and then meeting up with other colleagues to overthrow the evil CEOs at the firm

I think that would work and be a good way of getting away from high school kids

I fully expect it to be high school kids again though

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Y'all are crazy to think Atlus would drop highschoolers, the thing that's worked obscenely well for 3 games in a row, from Persona, a game whose sole identity is high-schoolers battling shadows and some combination of bad people.

Also, let's face it, schoolgirls sell really well in Japan

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
On the one hand releasing P3P makes me think its not happening any time soon. On the other hand the exact same thing happened with Final Fantasy 7.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

Unfortunately, P6 has been rumored to be Playstation exclusive, so it's possible that P3 remake is too. It's also rumored to not have FeMC.

At least this way all platforms get P3 and FeMC in some form.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
My personal prediction is that P6's main colour will be Green and it will be set in a location that will allow for more open exploration (not a complete open world but far less linear then Persona 3,4,5 with the main hub being much wider then past games as well as the Dungeons - something more along the lines of SMT5 for example). I also think that it will be set in the countryside again but a more nature inspired town and will lean heavily into a Fairytale themeing.

J-Spot

Oct 27, 2017
I think I might hold off on P6 until the inevitable version with extra content comes out.