• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stiletto

Jan 4, 2023
I hope they make the social links a little more interactive. There's already dozens upon dozens of hours of cutscenes in the main story, what harm is spicing up the social links with a little gameplay beyond hoosing dialogue? Its not like they're averse to minigames.

Witchcraft

Oct 9, 2022
This time you play the teachers! That could legit be a great concept!
And then they'll include the students as a romance option.
monkeys-paw-paw.gif

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Also, let's be perfectly clear, no rumor has said the FeMC isn't in P3R, they have only said that they haven't seen her, so while it's likely she's not in, we don't have any sort of confirmation.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping there's no bigoted content, but I'm not holding my breath.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
I hope it's not exclusive to a console but if so, I'm ready either way. More people should be able to play. I'm guessing they released 3-5 on other consoles because it's not exclusive anymore. At least that's my hope.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I wonder if P6 will be multiplatform now that the seal has been broken? At the very least I hope it hits PS4 like how P5 was on PS3 back in 2017.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
colupdate3.png

We already got blue, yellow and red, which leaves purple, orange and yellow. Purple is usually reserved for villains in japan, and P5 was already about a group of criminals, so I don't think that the next game would use purple or have similar anti-hero-y characters. The opposite of P5's red is green, and that's what I think will be used. Might be orange, but won't be purple.

I am more interested in the new no-human character.

We have had a dog, teddy and cat. I'm guessing the next will be a bird/parrot.
Capybara

Mayjur

Feb 7, 2021
Also, let's be perfectly clear, no rumor has said the FeMC isn't in P3R, they have only said that they haven't seen her, so while it's likely she's not in, we don't have any sort of confirmation.

I said this previously but it wouldn't make sense to market P3P heavily with FeMC, going as far to confirm a canon name and then have a remake a year or two later that doesn't include her but again, Atlus doesn't make any sense these days.

Aug 15, 2022
I wish it will be high school setting again. What's so good about being adult? Haven't you guys been tired of yourself already? If not, surely the three billions games where you play as adult could satisfy you? In college, you'd be thinking about job, intern, the FUTURE. High school is the last time you are truly care-free and can smell the roses (until you retire). Ans it's not like there's Persona fatigue. These games come once a decade.

When you feel like you are tired of high school setting, is it because of the Persona game that comes once a decade, or the anime you binge every day?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I recall at least one, maybe two images of the P25th artwork having green in it, like unused green paint spilling over the edge of the bucket. That's where I imagine many are guessing green from.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Knowing Atlas, P3 Remake we be a remake of FES and not contain any of the content P3P added, to ensure there is no truly definitive version of Persona 3 for another decade

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I hope it's not exclusive to a console but if so, I'm ready either way. More people should be able to play Persona. I'm guessing they released 3-5 because on other consoles because it's not exclusive anymore. At least that's my hope.

It is exclusive for sure.

Hopefully this time the frigging animal guardian thing we get allows us out of the house past 8pm.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
i guess re fantasy is the third game. Wonder how far along it is now, it would be funny if p6 actually managed to release before it.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Persona appeal is being a high-school simulation, to be honest. The way people talk is like we're flooded by games like that by the dozens, but there... aren't. Would I like a college or work Persona? Sure, I guess, but that isn't really the series thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Why even release P3P if you're just gonna remake 3?

Also, grown ass people for P6 pls.
Why get rid of the high school aspect of the game? I feel like it's a core part of the series (also, I love it). I wouldn't mind them experimenting with a University setting, but a full grown work one would feel so non-Persona. Like, do side jobs (like they do in most Persona games, with MC working at a convini).

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing Atlas, P3 Remake we be a remake of FES and not contain any of the content P3P added, to ensure there is no truly definitive version of Persona 3 for another decade
oh 100%. I fully expect P3R to not contain FemC, and I expect Atlus to release an extended version of the game three years later that features FemC.

They will gun for our money.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be too miffed if the P3 remake took a lot of liberties with the narrative.

Hope P6 deviates quite a bit from the formula too.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Why even release P3P if you're just gonna remake 3?

Also, grown ass people for P6 pls.

Persona 6 will be high schoolers again. No idea why anyone would expect something different.

High School cast is working formular for Persona games and with a smash hit like P5 its pretty guaranteed that they use it again.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Also that isn't a Hashino game, right? That's going to be interesting -- I really like his directorial style and think it's a big part of what make the games good for me, so that's probably a negative for me, but him being away may free the series from the absurdly bigoted content. At least I hope so.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Just a head's up, it was supposed to be shown already.

Changed their minds at the drop of a hat...no that didn't annoy our team :)

:(

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
colupdate3.png

We already got blue, yellow and red, which leaves purple, orange and yellow. Purple is usually reserved for villains in japan, and P5 was already about a group of criminals, so I don't think that the next game would use purple or have similar anti-hero-y characters. The opposite of P5's red is green, and that's what I think will be used. Might be orange, but won't be purple.

Capybara
Orange and Purple were also repped by PQ2 and PQ1, Green is the only one they haven't used yet

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
If I end up playing P3P, I will have 0 interest in the remake since it is another 60+ hrs investment. It's different from say Resident Evil remakes where you can finish them in 5-10 hrs...

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
oh 100%. I fully expect P3R to not contain FemC, and I expect Atlus to release an extended version of the game three years later that features FemC.

They will gun for our money.

Yeah 100% this lol, it's worked for every game before. P3R will get a updated version a few years later

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
If this is the same leaker as before, didn't they imply that the "third game" was another existing Atlus franchise, and not necessarily Re Fantasy? I got the impression it was another SMT spinoff a la Soul Hackers 2.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
My ideal middle ground for a P3 remake would be to merge both the Male and Female MC routes. I get multiverse and all that jazz, but go with a combined route where the Male MC has the Orpheus persona and the female mc's get renamed to Eurydice.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
As I said before, my guess is either

A. Someone got marketing rights
B. They want to do a "Persona Showcase"

As to why we didn't get a reveal last year. I wouldn't be surprised if say PS wanted timed exclusivity or MS wanted them to hold off so they could "reveal" it (It doesn't seem like Nintendo goes out of their way to do these sort of things like the other two).

Persona just went a multi-platform but I wouldn't be surprised if things go back to how they were for a bit.
Could also be why both games might not be too far apart from one another. Perhaps P6 is timed but P3 will be on everything.

This is all just guessing but it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.

---------

Personally, i'm hoping Atlus stuff will be like the Yakuza series now where it just comes out on everything Day One.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Persona 6 will be high schoolers again. No idea why anyone would expect something different.

High School cast is working formular for Persona games and with a smash hit like P5 its pretty guaranteed that they use it again.

Agreed. It's basically part of the series' identity at this point.
They can remove the problematic stuff AND keep it high schoolers.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I said this previously but it wouldn't make sense to market P3P heavily with FeMC, going as far to confirm a canon name and then have a remake a year or two later that doesn't include her but again, Atlus doesn't make any sense these days.
I sure hope she appears in the remake. Q2, the stages and even in the new Portable release they use the stage name as the canon name. By now FeMC is an important part of Persona 3 just like MC.