• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
To be clear, the PS4 version is currently:

- digital only
- exclusive to the physical triple-pack (the one that comes with P3D and P5D)
- exclusive to Japan

dabs furiously

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why atlus hadn't ported their vita personas yet.

I see they're already doing it and starting with the right one

Brink

Dec 18, 2017
It was unreasonable to hope they'd update the visuals, but I'm disappointed all the same.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now non-Vita owners can discover that you can take that incredible soundtrack and make an incredibly bland game out of it.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Now non-Vita owners can discover that you can take that incredible soundtrack and make an incredibly bland game out of it.
BW4QAP0.png

Have it on my Vita and it's so... ugh.

Nocchi

Oct 30, 2017
I've always enjoyed it...kind of a stupid silly story, but it's fan service, pure and simple. It's a rhythm game, and one I enjoy playing sometimes.

And this is just adorable

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It was my last Platinum, I think. That soundtrack was so good, it made the average story mode bearable.

I hope they learnt some lessons, because that was a slog of planetary magnitudes, compared to P5 and any other game in the series.

Nov 20, 2017
It was my last Platinum, I think. That soundtrack was so good, it made the average story mode bearable.

I hope they learnt some lessons, because that was a slog of planetary magnitudes, compared to P5 and any other game in the series.
IIRC they didn't bother with a narrative for P3 and P5 Dancing. Does that count as a lesson? I think so.

Also, it's pure wishful thinking on my part that they'll do a Mewtwo and make this available in NA to those who preorder both the other dancing titles, but I can dream.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017

They are taking out the huge story mode in P3/5D, so that is one improvement. Where they need to focus is the note charts.

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it bland? I am fairly excited for P5D and P3D but I haven't played P4D, so I am just curious.

The actual rhythm stuff just isn't very hard or interesting, and a decent chunk of the songs note charts just don't end up fitting with the gameplay style, often asking you to hit icons that don't really even have any correlation to the music, which is pretty key to the genre. It was outdone that year handily by Superbeat Xonic.

This is ignoring the vapid story mode, which you should also do.

Deleted member 11926

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The actual rhythm stuff just isn't very hard or interesting, and a decent chunk of the songs note charts just don't end up fitting with the gameplay style, often asking you to hit icons that don't really even have any correlation to the music, which is pretty key to the genre. It was outdone that year handily by Superbeat Xonic.

This is ignoring the vapid story mode, which you should also do.

Goddamn....Well, Taiko No Tatsujin it is then!

It was a fun game for what it was, but ignore the story mode.
I never expected anything grand from the story mode...but is it that bad?

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I liked the mess of a story mode that we got personally. Made everything fun lol!
tenor.gif

So I'm sad that we aren't getting any story for P3D and P5D. But I'll live.

That PS4 version or P4D better have all the DLC AND Miku.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely can't wait to play this game on PS4. Skipped it on Vita but not gonna do that this time. GIVE IT TO MEEEE.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn....Well, Taiko No Tatsujin it is then!

It's absolutely awful. I hated the game at first because the story mode was what I focused on. I went back to it some time later and stuck to just the songs, and that was when I ended up coming around to it.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, if you buy the triple pack, do you get the game in a disc, or a code for digital download?

libregkd

Oct 25, 2017
That PS4 version or P4D better have all the DLC AND Miku.
I think I read that it doesn't? But if you already have the DLC for the Vita you don't have to purchase it again.
Wait, if you buy the triple pack, do you get the game in a disc, or a code for digital download?
It's a download code at least in Japan (And if it's not getting a physical release there, I'm pretty sure it won't get one outside of Japan either). I'm still confused why they wouldn't be putting the game up itself for individual sale. Maybe it's a temporary thing to help drive up sales of the triple bundle?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Still waiting on an announcement for when P3D and P5D are coming to the west, hopefully the port of P4D will be coming here too.

I really enjoyed P4D, the story mode was tedious but the game itself was really fun. I'm in for the triple pack if it comes to the west.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
The story mode in this game is hilariously campy and the soundtrack is fucking incredible, so i'm glad more people will be able to experience it.
OQyZSXD.jpg
KjOAi8H.jpg

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's totally fine. There's a lot of good character moments, especially with the younger members of the investigation team. Dojima and Nanako also get to do things. These characters already completed their arcs in Persona 4, so it was just fun seeing them again confidently helping other people face their shadows.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Well, if there's no story mode, I take it with an ambivalent view. I suppose it also means that characters are simply going to be "there", with no further exposition or reason, just dancing for the sake of it. That takes out of the equation some of the risks involved, but it's also a lost opportunity: what's been of P5 cast since the main adventure? Is there anything new to say of their P3 counterparts? I'm sure they had ideas for these characters, who know when or if we see them.

I just wanted a leaner story, with some sense of pacing instead of redundant chatter. Now is so lean is not even there. The game's about music, so is not a deal-breaker, but yeah, it's a surprise, I expected something else.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC they didn't bother with a narrative for P3 and P5 Dancing. Does that count as a lesson? I think so.

Also, it's pure wishful thinking on my part that they'll do a Mewtwo and make this available in NA to those who preorder both the other dancing titles, but I can dream.

As a fan of all of the many spin offs to Persona 4 where they tried to add story elements, them not trying is absolutely an improvement here.

Well, if there's no story mode, I take it with an ambivalent view. I suppose it also means that characters are simply going to be "there", with no further exposition or reason, just dancing for the sake of it. That takes out of the equation some of the risks involved, but it's also a lost opportunity: what's been of P5 cast since the main adventure? Is there anything new to say of their P3 counterparts? I'm sure they had ideas for these characters, who know when or if we see them.

I just wanted a leaner story, with some sense of pacing instead of redundant chatter. Now is so lean is not even there. The game's about music, so is not a deal-breaker, but yeah, it's a surprise, I expected something else.

There is some kind of scenarios. There not removing story content completely.

We see scenes in the trailer like Ren,Ryuji, and Yusuke in the Morganamobile and the girls in swimsuits together.

We just don't know how meaty it is.

Also I liked P4D's story. Kanami was a surprisingly enjoyable character and it was fun to watch all the characters interact.

Though it still makes me laugh that this supposed light hearted spinoff opens with.
a little girl stumbling across a suicide.

Last edited:

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
There is some kind of scenarios. There not removing story content completely.
Hey, that's actually cool. I'm more comfortable with that approach, instead of a full story mode, or the absence of it.

And yeah, that opening in P4D also gave me the creeps. I expected some dancing, but then... ;)

Last edited: