• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
In the packaged game business the following games were launched:

Persona 5 Strikers (Asia, Europe, North America)
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Europe, North America)
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster (Japan and Asia)
Persona 4 Golden for PC (Worldwide)
Persona 5 Strikers for PC (Worldwide)
Sales of these games exceeded expectations.

Persona 5 Royal, released in October 2019, continued to have repeat sales, selling approximately 1.8 million copies. Persona 5 Strikers sold approximately 1.3 million copies, and Persona 4 Golden for PC, the first PC remaster, sold approximately 900k copies, bringing the total sales of the Persona series to over 15 million units.

Sales in Japan, Europe, the U.S., and Asia also greatly exceeded Atlus' sales targets, and Atlus continues to maintain a high level of relative sales overseas.

personacentral.com

Atlus Fiscal Year Ended March 2021 Reports Sales Exceeded Expectations - Persona Central

Atlus has reported the company's financial results for the Fiscal Year Ended March 2021, discussing exceeded sales targets.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
personacentral.com

Atlus Fiscal Year Ended March 2021 Reports Sales Exceeded Expectations - Persona Central

Atlus has reported the company's financial results for the Fiscal Year Ended March 2021, discussing exceeded sales targets.

Persona 5 Royal, released in October 2019, continued to have repeat sales, selling approximately 1.8 million copies. Persona 5 Strikers sold approximately 1.3 million copies, and Persona 4 Golden for PC, the first PC remaster, sold approximately 900k copies, bringing the total sales of the Persona series to over 15 million units.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Shout outs to Yakuza for making Sega realize this kind of port is worth it. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call to Atlus that they're leaving tons and tons of money on the floor by not putting their games on PC/Switch. I've got all the platforms, so I don't need to get on my hands and knees and beg Atlus to port, for example, Persona 5 to Switch or PC, but it's always been weird to me how hesitant they are with this kind of thing. The demand is absolutely there for the SMT franchise as a whole but, and I'm not sure if contractual or what, they seem to pretty blatantly ignore it and I have no idea why.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought a copy never intending to play it just to support Atlus bringing more of their PC games to Steam.

Keep going Atlus!

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Incredible sales! Now bring over all the Vanillaware games please <3

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Shout outs to Yakuza for making Sega realize this kind of port is worth it. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call to Atlus that they're leaving tons and tons of money on the floor by not putting their games on PC/Switch.

You mean shoutout to Sega Europe for pushing for PC ports. They are real stars.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Atlus: our PC port of Persona 4 was successful.

Gamers: So will you port more Persona games to pc/switch/Xbox/PS ?

Atlus: …….

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlus perpetually wilding that releasing beloved games locked on relic hardware on much more popular platforms means people buy your games.

They are run by fucking dinosaurs. Persona 5 sold in the ball park as the fucking Final Fantasy VII remake and they still don't get it.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shout outs to Yakuza for making Sega realize this kind of port is worth it. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call to Atlus that they're leaving tons and tons of money on the floor by not putting their games on PC/Switch. I've got all the platforms, so I don't need to get on my hands and knees and beg Atlus to port, for example, Persona 5 to Switch or PC, but it's always been weird to me how hesitant they are with this kind of thing. The demand is absolutely there for the SMT franchise as a whole but, and I'm not sure if contractual or what, they seem to pretty blatantly ignore it and I have no idea why.
If it was contractual (meaning they're tied up with Sony) then why didn't PS4 get the P4G port alongside PC?

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one. Loved what I've played but kind of hit a wall at the video game dungeon and haven't been able to get back in to it just yet.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
That's incredible numbers. If Persona 6 were to be a day 1 release on PC, it could be massive.

Actually, if the series in general went fully multiplatform it has so much potential for growth

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully those numbers are enough to warrant console releases. Would kill to play this game finally.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
what i want even more than persona 5 would be a vanillaware collection. it's a shame that muramasa is stuck on the vita

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering all the copies they're selling and the multiple collabs with other games they're still far behind those amortisation losses (which I thought would be absorbed by SegaSammy when they were bought out).

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Royal at almost 2 million is amazing to see. Can't imagine how well P5R's ports could do on PC and Switch.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's a good number, but honestly, kind of expected more with how hyped a lot of people seemed to be and it effectively being the first time the game has come off PlayStation. Thought it'd break a mil pretty easily by now. Still, older game and all, so still strong numbers

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good number, but honestly, kind of expected more with how hyped a lot of people seemed to be and it effectively being the first time the game has come off PlayStation. Thought it'd break a mil pretty easily by now. Still, older game and all, so still strong numbers
For PC only this is an amazing number, honestly. It would have done much better had it released on consoles too, of course.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's incredible numbers. If Persona 6 were to be a day 1 release on PC, it could be massive.

Actually, if the series in general went fully multiplatform it has so much potential for growth

I'm sure Atlus will think about that right after they started releasing Shin Megami Tensei V Day 1 on PC or even multiplatform. Nintendo will be as thrilled as Sony.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Congrats to Atlus, but it could have been so much higher if they'd released it on other platforms as well...

Sep 29, 2019
Atlus is one of the first ever companies i've seen that simply hates money, it seems. They could sell multiple millions with old games just by porting games to more plataforms... Hopefully they keep realizing how much there is to win with putting more games in other consoles.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Thats crazy for such an old game. There is no way we don't see ports for the rest of them now.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine how big Persona would be if it was run by... pretty much any other company.

I've been thinking of Atlus as this scrappy underdog RPG developer and it turns out the reason they aren't more popular is because they're run by folks who still think it's 1997.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Bad news if you want support. Their bug reporting thread has been abandoned for a long time.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Bought it for myself and multiple friends on release. Please bring your games to more platforms Atlus.

Jardim

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Now we need a Persona 3 FES remaster and the best Persona will finally be on PC!