• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, those prices.

So didn't these bomb in Japan? Is there an issue with these games?
They both lack a story mode and the amount of content to start with is abysmal for the asking price. The DLC is insane to.

This is one of the most greedy cash grabs I've ever seen, I hope it bombs here in the west as well, both games together should be 60$ with how little content they actually have.

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how I have negative desire to get either of these games. The milking runs dry for me with this particular subseries.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I've enjoyed my time with the Japanese versions of P3D & P5D so I'll probably pick these up too (I need the English Commu scenes)
Happy that the PS4 version of P4D is coming here as well.

Oct 30, 2017
From what I've heard of the content, $100 is a rip off.....but I kinda want it but Atlus can kinda piss off....

Edit: no soundtrack in the bundle? The expensive release of 4 on vita had a great soundtrack set....

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
So if I get the Vita bundle, I will have a digital version of P4 DAN I can give away.

or does that only come with the PS4 version?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
As far as I can tell though most of the songs aren't free. There're only a few free ones, and the others are between ¥250 and ¥350 each. Looks like there are a few which cost >¥500 too, but I'm not certain whether they're songs or VR performances or something.
If I'm counting right I see 6 free songs out there for either version. So if you are looking at each individual game, the song count is 25+6. There are a lot more paid songs since I last looked though. Most are paid.

I wasn't planning on picking up the english version but might at this price for giggles.

The expensive release of 4 on vita had a great soundtrack set....
Edit: nvm, thought you were talking about 3/5s release.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Topeka, KS
Just preordered at that price. Kinda reminds me of when Amazon put up all of Hitman for $20 pre-order instead of just the first episode.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
At the error price I'm definitely in. Now to hope Amazon doesn't cancel it.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, not including it seems like a mistake to me. I still listen to the P4D soundtrack in my car occasionally. Crazy not to include the soundtrack with this collection.

The entire reason I spent the money on P4D in the first place was the soundtrack. I didn't even care for the game that much, but the soundtrack was legit and I got through the game JUST BECAUSE of it.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered it for $60 because I felt that was what the original price should have been in the first place and it should only be released as a bundle physically, with the option of buying each separately for $40 digitally. Will immediately cancel if Amazon doesn't honor this price.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
UGH. Why can't this price error be in Canada? The idea of paying anywhere near full price for each game separately is patently ridiculous, if what I hear about the utter lack of content is true.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Pre-ordered it for $60 because I felt that was what the original price should have been in the first place and it should only be released as a bundle physically, with the option of buying each separately for $40 digitally. Will immediately cancel if Amazon doesn't honor this price.
Oh trust me. Amazon will cancel it for you if they don't want to honor it.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Amazon cancelling all of the Let's Go bundles still hurts me.
Typically when there is a any price discrepancies Amazon is not the person who takes the hit. For the Lets Go bundles if Nintendo was the seller, Nintendo made the call that they would not honor the $59.99 price for the $99 version.

'If they can't honor the price they cancel it. Its illegal to pay for "x" amount of dollars and then be charged "y" amount of dollars because they realized they made a mistake. The only way they can charge you "y" is if they ask you if its okay to charge that amount, but then its almost a new transaction anyways.

ultra bawl

User requested ban
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
For what it's worth, P4D dropped to £10 in a sale on PSN a year after release and now goes for a fiver every few months if you can stand waiting for these to flop and drop.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
For what it's worth, P4D dropped to £10 in a sale on PSN a year after release and now goes for a fiver every few months if you can stand waiting for these to flop and drop.
I'd be good with that. Except P4DAN PS4 version was only available through these bundles in Japan and still has not been made available as a stand alone title. Atlus JP have even stated that it would never be released by itself. I just hope that Atlus US and EU say differently.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon is usually pretty good at honoring price errors like this, so I have faith it will hold.

An Echo for free is a different matter lol.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Yeah, I didn't particularly enjoy P4D but it was still ok. The new games being even lighter on content and higher on DLC is not promising. That said, $60 for 3 games isn't too bad (if Amazon doesn't cancel) but I have 0 interest in either game.

JunkerWoland

Jun 8, 2018
Pre-ordered the set on the odd chance the price is honored. Otherwise, what I've read about the two new games is enough to mostly kill my interest and that dumb artbook-case, masquerading as a decent collector's edition, is the deal breaker.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's what I'm trying to find out right now. At the moment it doesn't look like it and they could be handled the same way that Square Enix did their mini artbook with the disc inside like for KH 1.5, Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 version, and WoFF.
The travesty with KH 1.5 is the reason why I ALWAYS doubt if it's not stated explicitly now.
I had to buy the game twice to fix my mistake

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
artbook cases are the fucking worst invention in the last 10 years of video games but its a good ass price

hmm

raidergale

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
All the DLC in the JP release comes up at 28750 Yen, so around 224€/259$. I really hope they lower prices for the Western release.

6 songs were indeed released for free, but two of those are full versions of the opening theme for the games, two more are P5 and P4D's opening (opening length) and the last two are original music made for the games, one is a Phoenix Featherman R opening and the other one is a remix of Tanaka's Commodities theme. None of them are particularly great and they're all 2D PVs, but hey, they were free at least.
Characters and outfits were definitely the priciest, coming up at around 1000/1200 yen each, so those definitely need to be lowered :P

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Lol, bundle is $128 in UK

shaking_figure_for_money_anim_md_wm.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh... $99 for the bundle with all 3 games on ps4 would be ~$80 with the best buy GCU. I am not entirely against that... I dunno though should still be cheaper

Lusankya

Oct 27, 2017
Any differences between Vita and PS4 versions besides the obvious?
How is the performance on the Vita?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Even with that price error, I'm not sure I want this. It looks hard to play on a big screen and it has a fuckton of DLC songs anyway.