• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

DkKVHCFXcAIUfsI.jpg:large

Persona 4: Dancing All Night is also officially confirmed for the West! The special edition includes all three games and is called The Endless Night Collection. There is also a digital PS4/Vita bundle. But be warned that P4DAN is only available as part of the bundle set.
So individual games are full price as in Japan, bundle is cheaper than buying both separately.

Date is for NA and Europe
From Wario64:
  • PS4 Standalone: $59.99 USD
  • PS4 Bundle: $99.99 USD
  • PS Vita Standalone: $39.99 USD
  • PS Vita Bundle: $69.99 USD (Vita versions are digital only)
The PS4 version of Persona 4: Dancing All Night should be compatible with purchased DLC from the Vita version. So yes, you will be able to dance with best girl Hatsune Miku in HD now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
PR said:
The Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection will be available for $69.99 | $99.99 (PS Vita | PS4) on December 4, 2018. Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight and Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight will be available standalone for $39.99 | $59.99 each (PS Vita | PS4).

So individual games are full price as in Japan, bundle is cheaper than buying both separately.

Date is for NA and Europe

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool that we're getting the 3-game bundle but is that physical only? I gotta imagine there'd be a digital version of that too right?
Cause I was planning on only getting P5D at launch and P3D later but if the bundle is available digitally I may get all of them on Day 1.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The bundle is tempting since it includes P4D. The full price is a bit hard to swallow.

Oct 25, 2017
Cool that we're getting the 3-game bundle but is that physical only? I gotta imagine there'd be a digital version of that too right?
Cause I was planning on only getting P5D at launch and P3D later but if the bundle is available digitally I may get all of them on Day 1.

PR says that the bundle is available digitally too.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The OP mentions that there is a digital bundle now.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
To those who already played the Japanese versions: any gameplay improvements in P5D and P3D compared to P4D? Really disliked the beatmaps in P4D so I am reluctant to get these games.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely splitting the bundle with the gf

Can't wait!!!

EDIT: Wait...does the bundle NOT come with standard PS4 cases? Does it only come with that storybook case?
If so, I will definitely not buy it because that's a dealbreaker. So for now, waiting for confirmation.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
EDIT: Wait...does the bundle NOT come with standard PS4 cases? Does it only come with that storybook case?
If so, I will definitely not buy it because that's a dealbreaker. So for now, waiting for confirmation.
That's what I'm trying to find out right now. At the moment it doesn't look like it and they could be handled the same way that Square Enix did their mini artbook with the disc inside like for KH 1.5, Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 version, and WoFF.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That bundle price for all three seems a lot more reasonable than the individual prices. I guess that's what they're banking on.

Updated Thread Title to include P3D.
Should probably add P4D, that's new.

Oof, those prices.

So didn't these bomb in Japan? Is there an issue with these games?
They didn't bomb. But they didn't do great either. The issue is they're light on content (less than P4D), didn't really improve on gameplay at all, the remixes are inconsistent quality and they're full price titles with a lot of pricey DLC on top.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Ah man, no soundtracks this time as an extra? Loved the P4D ost that came with the special edition.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
The PS4 version of Persona 4: Dancing All Night should be compatible with purchased DLC from the Vita version. So yes, you will be able to dance with true best girl Hatsune Miku in HD now.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Woah, woah, woah. It comes with the art book!? Shit. Okay, I guess I'm buying... Is the Endless Night Collection the one that's priced at $100?

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Does the digital download of P4D include the DLC for that game?
I've asked a couple of people about this and it doesn't. But you can buy the DLC for the Vita version which is compatible with the PS4 version. I'm assuming that the DLC goes on sale the same day that the PS4 version releases, but if you already have the DLC purchased on the Vita version, then you get the PS4 equivalent for free.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
glad we are getting a collection. Upset P4D is download only
Its lame but it was the same situation in Japan.

Are there going to be a lot of free DLC songs like in Japan or are they planning on charging for them in NA now?

Does the digital download of P4D include the DLC for that game?
In Japan it didn't include it, no. You had to pay I think 10 yen per DLC to bring it over to the PS4 version.

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
Oof, those prices.

So didn't these bomb in Japan? Is there an issue with these games?

There were a few issues regarding DLC and content in general:

- Both games are fairly light on content in comparison to P4D. Neither has a proper story mode and both have fewer songs.
- (iirc) both games include around 25 songs, which isn't an awful lot for the asking price and means the DLC effectively doubles the song count. The DLC also contains the full length versions of the theme songs for both games - only shortened versions are available initially.
- P4D only being available on PS4 as part of the bundle is fairly scummy.

Understandably it felt to most that Atlus was milking the fanbase at this point.

Ailyo

Oct 27, 2017
I've asked a couple of people about this and it doesn't. But you can buy the DLC for the Vita version which is compatible with the PS4 version. I'm assuming that the DLC goes on sale the same day that the PS4 version releases, but if you already have the DLC purchased on the Vita version, then you get the PS4 equivalent for free.
Well, that's a shame. Thanks.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ah, right. The Endless Night Collection is the $100 bundle. That's not bad if it comes with the art book and P4D, but I'm really bummed we don't get the soundtrack. For Persona, I wouldn't mind missing out on the art book (for now) in exchange for the soundtrack. *sighs*

AngelSkye

Jul 25, 2018
Its lame but it was the same situation in Japan.

Are there going to be a lot of free DLC songs like in Japan or are they planning on charging for them in NA now?

I think even if you disregard the free DLC songs, the ones you pay (in the JP ver) for is easily over 10000+yen in total if you buy them all.

That's not even including the paid costumes etc... so yeah, if one is to buy all of the DLC, $200 seems just about right.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
both have fewer songs.
This is less of an issue if you include the free DLC songs too. Though the free songs can be played in either game.

I think even if you disregard the free DLC songs, the ones you pay (in the JP ver) for is easily over 10000+yen in total if you buy them all.

That's not even including the paid costumes etc... so yeah, if one is to buy all of the DLC, $200 seems just about right.
I haven't looked at the store in a while, it seemed like they were adding about 1 free song and 1 song+character per week. At the time though seemed like about 4~5 extra free songs.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
More tempted by the bundle than I want to admit, but the pricing and DLC scheme for the games is still totally outrageous. Nah thanks.

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
This is less of an issue if you include the free DLC songs too. Though the free songs can be played in either game.

I haven't looked at the store in a while, it seemed like they were adding about 1 free song and 1 song+character per week. At the time though seemed like about 4~5 extra free songs.

As far as I can tell though most of the songs aren't free. There're only a few free ones, and the others are between ¥250 and ¥350 each. Looks like there are a few which cost >¥500 too, but I'm not certain whether they're songs or VR performances or something.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
That's really expensive, hoping Sony will come up with another 20% off PSN code around that time.