• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Dd38mZVVAAAXYiw.jpg:large

maxresdefault.jpg

P5D-Logo-720x340.jpg

Publisher: ATLUS
Developed by: P・STUDIO
Platforms: PS4/Vita

Release Date:
JP: 24/05/18
US: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
EU: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Genre: Rhythm/Fan-milking

PersonaDance-104.jpg

PersonaDance-89.jpg

PersonaDance-92.jpg

PersonaDance-96.jpg

71dTHE-G8fL._SL1000_.jpg

Opening:

Overview PV:

Tracklist:

Rivers in the Desert
Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There (Jazztronik Remix)
Keeper of Lust
Blooming Villain (Atlus Konishi Remix)
Hoshi to Bokura to (Tofubeats Remix)
Tokyo Daylight (Atlus Kozuka Remix)
Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There
Rivers in the Desert (Mito Remix)
Blooming of Villain
Life Goes On
Price
Whims of Fate (Yukihiro Fuktomi Remix)
Beneath the Mask (KAIEN Remix)
Will Power (Shacho Remix)
Last Surprise (Taku Takahashi Remix)
Haha no Ita Hibi (Atlus Kitajoh Remix)
Life Will Change (Atlus Meguro Remix)
Jaldabaoth~Our Beginning
Last Surprise
Life Will Change
GROOVY
One Nightbreak
Rivers in the Desert (Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb2017)
Hoshi to Bokura to
Last Surprise (Jazztronik Remix)

Standard Edition: PS4 – JPY 8,078, Vita – JPY 7,538

All- Star Triple Pack: PS4 - JPY 18,230
l_5a3df58b868af.jpg

Contains:
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night for PlayStation 4
Persona 5: Dancing Star Night for PlayStation 4
Persona 4: Dancing All Night for PlayStation 4 (Download Only)
Shigenori Soejima illustrated luxury box
P3D & P5D full soundtrack (4 discs with over 60 tracks)

Twin Plus: Vita - JPY 17,042
Dancing-Limited-Edition.jpg

Contains:
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night for PlayStation Vita
Persona 5: Dancing Star Night for PlayStation Vita
P3D & P5D Atlus Selection Costume DLC Assortment (Equivalent to 2,400 yen):
Shin Megami Tensei: Hero
Shin Megami Tensei II: Hero
Shin Megami Tensei II: Hiroko
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne: Hero
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne: Hijiri
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse: Hero
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse: Asahi
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: Demonica Suit
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Kyouji Kuzunoha
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers: Nemissa
Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers: Yu-ichi
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army: Tae Asakura
Devil Survivor: Main Character
Devil Survivor: Yuzu Tanikawa
Digital Devil Saga: Sera
Shigenori Soejima illustrated luxury box
P3D & P5D full soundtrack (4 discs with over 60 tracks)

Unlike P4D, there's no Story Mode, but there is COMMU/Social Link Mode:
Persona 5: Dancing Star Night's "Social Link" mode starts out with the protagonist who wakes up and finds himself in the Club Velvet, where Justine and Caroline tell him to get ready for a dance party. From here, the Phantom Thieves are half-forced into taking on a new challenge.

In Social Link mode you'll unlock mini-events where you'll get to see the characters interact. These are unlocked upon clearing requirements, and it's also how you'll earn costumes.

(Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/3...e-unlockable-mini-events/#JiUHPOwKaOO9dK9K.99)

A VR mode allows you to look around the protagonist's bedroom (can't find an article detailing this, but you can see footage in the Overview PV – PS4 only, obviously)

There's DLC too (but the pricing is exploitative as all hell)- [FREE DLC is however coming weekly]:

May/Launch Release

Costumes / Accessories
Atlus Selection Set / WEGO Collaboration Set / Gouto-Douji Costume
Colored Wig Set / Virtua Fighter Set
Yakuza Set / Sonic Costume / Colored Contacts

Songs
Our Moment (full ver.) / GROOVY (full ver.)
"Voice (ATLUS Tsuchiya Remix)" performed by Koromaru (animated scene)
More Than One Heart (Persona 3 theatrical ver.) / Dance! (OP ver.)

June Release

Costumes / Accessories
Original Cross-Dressing Set / Wing Accessory Set
Race Queen Set / Special Head Accessory Set
P4U&U2 Costume Set / Catherine Set / Hee-ho-kun's School Uniform
Futaba Shujin Uniform and Casual Outfit / P4U&U2 2P Colors
Trish Persona 1 Version / Featherman Costume Set

Songs
"A Way of Life -Deep inside my mind Remix-" danced by Theodore
Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There (OP ver.)
Jika Net Tanaka (ATLUS Kozuka Remix) feat. President Tanaka (CV. Bin Shimada)
Fate is in Our Hands (Persona 3 theatrical ver.)
"Beneath the Mask" danced by Lavenza
Mass Destruction (PERSONA MUSIC FES 2013)
Let's Go! Phoenix Ranger Featherman (original television opening animation)
"Break Out Of… (ATLUS Kitajoh Remix)" danced by Sho Minazuki
P5A "BREAK IN TO BREAK OUT (OP ver.)" / P5A "INFINITY (ED ver.)"
Dream of Butterfly (OP ver.) / Snow Queen (ATLUS Tsuchiya Remix)
"The Battle for Everyone's Souls" danced by Shinjiro Aragaki

July Release
Costumes / Accessories
Mouse Accessory Set / Trish Sin and Punishment Version
Protagonist Attic Life Set / Chibi S.E.E.S. Set / Chibi Investigation Team Set

Songs
unbreakable tie (OP ver.) / Opening (OP ver.) / Memories of You
Burn My Dread (OP ver.) / P3 fes (OP ver.) / Soul Phrase (OP ver.)
The Battle for Everyone's Souls (PERSONA SUPER LIVE P-SOUND BOMB!!! 2017)
Shadow World (OP ver.) / Pursuing My True Self (OP ver.)
The Whims of Fate (PERSONA SUPER LIVE P-SOUND BOMB!!! 2017)
"Today" danced by Labrys
"Will Power" danced by Goro Akechi

Where's the localisation?
It will most likely be announced next month on ATLUS' E3 badge, if previous spin-offs are anything to go by.

Dying to have your dread burned? Head on over to the Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night OT:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pe...t-memento-mori-remember-you-will-dance.44325/

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lots of hype in the Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night OT, but no love for P5?

Maybe all the P5 fans went to bed early.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll still play it even if it's not a great rhythm game, Theatrhythm wasn't either and I still enjoyed that just for the music

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to wait for the official localization(hoping the triple pack is brought over.)

Nice OT though.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Hopefully play-asia ships out my triple pack soon. I'm dying to get my hands on these games, i platted P4D 3 times and i'm looking forward to platting these games too. Really looking forward to all the remixes, i love that the c.e has a physical soundtrack.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
I'll pick this up once it gets localised but I'll give the soundtrack a listen now.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's gonna be a lot of the same people excited for both, but they're probably not gonna post roughly the same stuff in each thread haha

Kind of why I think there wasn't a need to split the OTs up, the discussion is going to overlap (also this should be an import OT for now), but i'm not the one making the call here and OP did a great job on the OTs regardless.

I still feel like based on what I heard of both versions thus far, the P5 soundtrack is the more appealing of the two. If there isn't a reasonable double pack at EN launch this is the one i'm gunning for.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My All Star Triple pack is on the way. If I'm lucky, I'll have it before the weekend.

Atlus got me by including P4D on PS4. Curious to know how much (if any) of my DLC will carry over.

OP
OP
purseowner

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My All Star Triple pack is on the way. If I'm lucky, I'll have it before the weekend.

Atlus got me by including P4D on PS4. Curious to know how much (if any) of my DLC will carry over.

All P4D DLC is cross compatible. No cross-save for any of the three games though.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I canceled my preorder for the Triple Pack. A bit too much for my blood. Especially since I only preordered it because of the P4DAN code. I'll wait and see if Atlus USA does a similar thing.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Alright everyone I absolutely love The two PS4 Project Diva games. The gameplay is fun but nowhere near as demanding as something like DJMAX Respect in terms of having to use both hands.

On which end of the spectrum does this fall in terms of difficulty, The Project Diva or the DJMAX end? Only owned a Vita for like a month and I never played P4DAN.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Alright everyone I absolutely love The two PS4 Project Diva games. The gameplay is fun but nowhere near as demanding as something like DJMAX Respect in terms of having to use both hands.

On which end of the spectrum does this fall in terms of difficulty, The Project Diva or the DJMAX end? Only owned a Vita for like a month and I never played P4DAN.
There is definitely an adjustment period but I think it falls easier than Diva on the difficulty scale. Its less trying to keep up with rapid sequences of the same or alternating notes and moreso untangling the gradually more complex charts.

Diva at high difficulty levels usually kills me when it throws the same note at you over and over and your ability to succeed depends on how well you mash it out or alternate hands. P4D doesn't do this much but instead it becomes more difficult to track as notes are pulling you attention off in different directions and managing that is moreso the where the difficulty comes in. It's one of the core issues I have with the games system, you are constantly having to move your eyes around the periphery of the screen whereas Diva the notes move all over but they follow a path instead of jumping around all the time.

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
My copies from Amiami arrived today! I went all in and ordered the Vita double pack and PS4 triple pack. Hoping to crack it open after I get back from work.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I almost bought it on JP PSN on the 23rd. The preorder theme was very tempting.

Finally decided holding my phone with google translate at all time is not a fun way to play games.

Gonna wait for the dub and hopefully the wait is not too long.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Took enough tries, lol

So yeah, I'm still not sure I'm a fan of the 10 minute cold open cutscene, but it does seem to be the only absolutely required cutscene. I just wanted to get as much rhythm gaming in as possible tonight so I ended up passing on watching the confidant ranking scenes. (All of them are behind achievements like cumulative perfects, the number of times you get Brilliant or better, the number of times you chose a costume other than default, etc.)

I almost bought it on JP PSN on the 23rd. The preorder theme was very tempting.

Finally decided holding my phone with google translate at all time is not a fun way to play games.

Gonna wait for the dub and hopefully the wait is not too long.
Rhythm games are the most import friendly genre since the actual gameplay requires no language comprehension. The hardest part is really setting up your options and high speed, and even those are pretty easy to find. I did use Translate a little but I didn't need it past looking up what I wanted once and leaving it alone after that.

I ordered physically and don't seem to have any themes. Was that only a thing if you preordered digitally?

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Took enough tries, lol

So yeah, I'm still not sure I'm a fan of the 10 minute cold open cutscene, but it does seem to be the only absolutely required cutscene. I just wanted to get as much rhythm gaming in as possible tonight so I ended up passing on watching the confidant ranking scenes. (All of them are behind achievements like cumulative perfects, the number of times you get Brilliant or better, the number of times you chose a costume other than default, etc.)

Rhythm games are the most import friendly genre since the actual gameplay requires no language comprehension. The hardest part is really setting up your options and high speed, and even those are pretty easy to find. I did use Translate a little but I didn't need it past looking up what I wanted once and leaving it alone after that.

I ordered physically and don't seem to have any themes. Was that only a thing if you preordered digitally?

You get two themes, one for each game, if you ordered the triple pack from Amazon.jp. Codes were sent by email.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking this game a lot more than P4D. Only casual difficulty instead of super casual difficulty, no filler story where you have to play on boring normal to unlock everything, and the presentation is as good as ever. My big complaints are small track list, too many overly long songs (five or so long ones would be fine, but like 90% of the game is 4 minute songs), and some of the remixes aren't terribly imaginative. A lot of the remixes feel like they're just there to upgrade the base music to something a bit more substantial than video game background music rather than to actually remix, which is fine I guess.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Just installed the Dengeki Playstation P3D/P5D theme. The two main menu music are so good, especially the remix of P5 music.

Looking at Ren's face while waiting for western release news to drop.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, I had the dumb thought of "what if this is the Footloose of Persona?" And went to see if there was a story to it as I recall that being the case for P4D... and nope, guess not going by the OP. Ah well, I have no idea what P4D did for a story anyway.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
You get two themes, one for each game, if you ordered the triple pack from Amazon.jp. Codes were sent by email.
Ordered from Amiami (primarily to consolidate shipping with something else, but the other item got delayed) and doesn't look like I got any theme as a result. I ended up not getting the SKU with a pileket either since it was more expensive than just getting the base double/triple packs.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
The one song available to buy as dlc - Voice - is 1200 yen, if my maths are correct.....

£40 (Approx) for a 5000 yen digital code means it costs roughly £8 for one song. I knew there'd be a lot of dlc for this game, and that it would be a bit on the expensive side - but that's insane!