• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Futaba you need to chill.
W79g7E.gif

Between this and the figure, is Makoto having a nice ass something I missed in the game or something?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I don't know how reliable this is but someone on 4chan apparently spoiled what minimalistic plot there is.

Don't know if ya true but I'm putting it under spoilers just in case.
77piz9uqvl011.png

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't know how reliable this is but someone on 4chan apparently spoiled what minimalistic plot there is.

Don't know if ya true but I'm putting it under spoilers just in case.
77piz9uqvl011.png
Uh.

I guess it's technically true the cast aside from Joker never met the twins, because she had already re-fused as Lavenza by the time the rest of the cast entered the Velvet Room. Still, it seems odd for the cast to be as surprised at their surroundings in the cold open cutscene as they are if this indeed takes place after the game.

I haven't dug through the confidant scenes in P5D yet to know if this is accurate. Admittedly, I've been focusing on P3D far more.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
I had to log into the PSN store on my PS4 with my JP account and search for the DLC individually. Each is 10 yen to download on PS4 :P

But it works, and all seems there. Just the link in the game doesn't work (yet?)

How did you find the dlc? Are they 10yrn each even if you've previously bought them for the vita version? Thanks in advance!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How did you find the dlc? Are they 10yrn each even if you've previously bought them for the vita version? Thanks in advance!
I found the all the songs/extra characters by searching for "楽曲", I haven't looked for all my costume DLC yet but I found the swimsuits by searching for "水着". I tried more general terms like ペルソナ4 and didn't have any luck. If you look at the link from earlier in the thread you can figure out the titles of the DLC you are looking for, and search for a word or two and you should find it. Installs fine from the PS4 store, and works on all my local JP and not-JP accounts.

And yeah, it is 10 yen if you bought them previously. If you haven't bought them before, it is the regular DLC price.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
Played a few songs from this and I'm so disappointed. A rhythm game lives and dies by its soundtrack, and after P4D being so good I had high hopes, but there's hardly any decent remixes at all - such a shame as the soundtrack to P5 is fantastic.

For me there's also far too much use of the scratch note - the screen gets too hectic even on medium difficulty with some songs.

Hopefully there are some decent tunes in P3D to make up for it.

hapax

Oct 30, 2017
The mix for Rivers in the Desert is a let down.

Also I'm not fan of the 3D characters in dialogue scenes.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
This game's value proposition is really bad. I don't regret picking it up because I'm a huge Persona fanboy/sucker, but it's really hard to justify paying that much for 20-something songs. Especially when many songs are "repeated", and when multiple great tracks from the original game's OST are ignored.

Played a few songs from this and I'm so disappointed. A rhythm game lives and dies by its soundtrack, and after P4D being so good I had high hopes, but there's hardly any decent remixes at all - such a shame as the soundtrack to P5 is fantastic.

For me there's also far too much use of the scratch note - the screen gets too hectic even on medium difficulty with some songs.

I'm gonna have to agree with you both here. I've liked maybe 3 of the new songs that I've heard. It really says something when I've spent more time revisiting the new PS4 version of Dancing All Night rather than putting time into Star Night. Dancing All Night has so many great songs too. I just hope 5 clicks for me at some point.

Last edited:

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Ok literally just started. I need some help.
After the opening stuff which I assume is a brief set up, they throw me into the menu, seems like I can do anything.

So my question is, are there any "campaign" or challenges or any specific thing I should watch out for? Or do I just keep playing the game by manually choosing songs.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok literally just started. I need some help.
After the opening stuff which I assume is a brief set up, they throw me into the menu, seems like I can do anything.

So my question is, are there any "campaign" or challenges or any specific thing I should watch out for? Or do I just keep playing the game by manually choosing songs.
You get little scenes similar to social links in the "commu" section, and you get access to these scenes by doing little challenges. Usually things you will naturally get, like "accumulate x max combo" and "wear x many unique accessories." Some you even unlock basically by going through other social links.

So basically, just play songs how you feel, and every now and again you'll get a little message telling you you have a new commu unlocked, and then it would be wise to do a few every now and again as you go.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
You get little scenes similar to social links in the "commu" section, and you get access to these scenes by doing little challenges. Usually things you will naturally get, like "accumulate x max combo" and "wear x many unique accessories." Some you even unlock basically by going through other social links.

So basically, just play songs how you feel, and every now and again you'll get a little message telling you you have a new commu unlocked, and then it would be wise to do a few every now and again as you go.
Thanks for the tip! So basically just play any songs from the usual menu, songs will unlock itself?

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to ask, is there an option to disable the wubs wubs?
I think halfway down the options menu (accessible both from the main menu and after finalizing your character selections for a song) are the SE and scratch sound options. There are six sounds for each to choose from, or none (select "0").

Also, in case you didn't find it on your own, there are two means of controlling game speed. At the bottom of play options is a slider that goes up to 7, but the very first play option you unlock is a speed modifier that doubles the selection of the slider (and also affords a 12% clear score increase for using it). I tend to use it full time.

As for game unlocking - you can't ignore the Commu scenes for too long, as viewing them unlocks costumes and accessories, and using costumes and accessories are one of the keys to unlocking more Commu scenes.

Nov 2, 2017

That's a shame, especially since they are charging something like 8400 yen on PSN for it.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
I think halfway down the options menu (accessible both from the main menu and after finalizing your character selections for a song) are the SE and scratch sound options. There are six sounds for each to choose from, or none (select "0").

Also, in case you didn't find it on your own, there are two means of controlling game speed. At the bottom of play options is a slider that goes up to 7, but the very first play option you unlock is a speed modifier that doubles the selection of the slider (and also affords a 12% clear score increase for using it). I tend to use it full time.

As for game unlocking - you can't ignore the Commu scenes for too long, as viewing them unlocks costumes and accessories, and using costumes and accessories are one of the keys to unlocking more Commu scenes.
Awesome!! Thanks. FOund out I can just put scratch to R1/L1, now it plays like a dream.
Loving the game a lot so far but damn, some tracks are long as hell, lose focus after 2 minutes, used to DJMAX.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome!! Thanks. FOund out I can just put scratch to R1/L1, now it plays like a dream.
Loving the game a lot so far but damn, some tracks are long as hell, lose focus after 2 minutes, used to DJMAX.
Oh, yeah, I definitely turned on bumper scratching first thing.

Scratches aren't actually optional if you're chasing high ranks. They are graded just like any other note, though it isn't immediately obvious in game (the color of the splash animation changes based on your grading) and even though missing one doesn't break combo, you aren't awarded a King Crazy if you don't get great or better on every last one.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
I saw a bunch of youtube videos of people viewing the dance without UI, how do i do that.

Also what is the freaking clear condition, i only missed like 6 or 7 but failed

Edit: finally cleared life wil change.

Last edited:

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up my triple pack in Japan last week and finally got to give it a go last night, now that i'm back home.

First things first, do the conversations in the commu (might have got that wrong) section give you anything?

Is Brilliant the highest score?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Picked up my triple pack in Japan last week and finally got to give it a go last night, now that i'm back home.

First things first, do the conversations in the commu (might have got that wrong) section give you anything?

Is Brilliant the highest score?
Commu unlocks costumes and accessories, with Caroline & Justine's commu unlocking their song
King Crazy is the highest score - obtained by hitting every note with a 'great' or 'perfect'

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
Commu unlocks costumes and accessories, with Caroline & Justine's commu unlocking their song
King Crazy is the highest score - obtained by hitting every note with a 'great' or 'perfect'

ahh ok, cool. I remember now that was the same in dancing all night.

Are there any translations out there for the Commu sections? I've just been hitting X and choosing the first options to complete them.

Also, does choosing different options in the commu section result in anything?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
ahh ok, cool. I remember now that was the same in dancing all night.

Are there any translations out there for the Commu sections? I've just been hitting X and choosing the first options to complete them.

Also, does choosing different options in the commu section result in anything?
I haven't seen any translations yet for Commu.
The different options don't affect anything other than the reactions that the other characters will give you.

straylize

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a bunch of youtube videos of people viewing the dance without UI, how do i do that.

Also what is the freaking clear condition, i only missed like 6 or 7 but failed

Edit: finally cleared life wil change.

Once you've cleared a song, select it and go to "game mode," and then select "perfect viewing mode (パーフェクト鑑賞モード)", then play the song. once the song starts, press start/options and then go down to "display (表示)" and SE, and set both of those to off to turn off the UI and the note sound effects.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Including Futaba in any dance is guaranteed hilarity.

I think I have ~5 or so songs left to unlock. I'm not as down on the soundtrack but I do think it could be better. I think P4D benefited quite a bit by drawing songs from P4+P4G+PQ+P4A with both Hirata and Lotus Juice included. P5 by itself just doesn't have enough vocal tracks IMO.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Once you've cleared a song, select it and go to "game mode," and then select "perfect viewing mode (パーフェクト鑑賞モード)", then play the song. once the song starts, press start/options and then go down to "display (表示)" and SE, and set both of those to off to turn off the UI and the note sound effects.
Thanks! Found it while messing around just now. Now I gotta figure out which section of the game is VR compatible.
Now I'm just trying to unlock every tracks. I want that damn velvet twin dance.

straylize

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Found it while messing around just now. Now I gotta figure out which section of the game is VR compatible.
Now I'm just trying to unlock every tracks. I want that damn velvet twin dance.

I don't have a VR (and I haven't finished either game yet), so I can't confirm if there's any other way to access it, but I know if you go to collection > character and then select a character, there's a VR option at the bottom of the list there.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Now I gotta figure out which section of the game is VR compatible.
I don't have a PSVR, but in P3D Commu 6-8 each has a scavenger hunt where you look for a hidden card in a room in first person perspective. I haven't gotten P5D's commus up that high to know if there's something similar, but I imagine there must be.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Oh god I completely forgot about the scoring system in P4D and it seems they kept it for these entries? The one where if you missed a few notes at the end you were fucked?

Jesus is the only good thing about these games the P3 remixes and HD models, how did they improve nothing

I'm so mad

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
Oh god I completely forgot about the scoring system in P4D and it seems they kept it for these entries? The one where if you missed a few notes at the end you were fucked?

Jesus is the only good thing about these games the P3 remixes and HD models, how did they improve nothing

I'm so mad
Yea, miss a few notes near the end you're fucked.
I'm fine with those shorter nice songs, but those 4-5 minutes songs are punishing especially when you start to lose focus after 2 minutes.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how people get King Crazy on those 5 minute songs and on All Night difficulty. My skill capped at Fog (All Night difficultly) in P4D with an excellent and it's literally a thousand notes if you get King Crazy from what I saw. Some of the songs here like Jaldaboath are even longer? Goddamn.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I personally feel rhythm games are much better with 1.5-3min long songs, but that might just be the arcade gamer in me. I love brutal bursts of difficulty for 2min, not 5min long endurance festival. I know some people like full length songs though.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
I personally feel rhythm games are much better with 1.5-3min long songs, but that might just be the arcade gamer in me. I love brutal bursts of difficulty for 2min, not 5min long endurance festival. I know some people like full length songs though.
Almost every single rhythm game does that, even if there's a longer version, they always edit it down to 2 minutes. The entire library of DJMAX is that length and it's perfect. And yea, that ending/credit super long ass song is a pain, I was near the end and my bar is 75%, started freaking out, thank god cleared it.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
I'm much more in the camp of preferring shorter songs. Playing through "Hoshi to Bokura to" for 7 minutes was just brutal.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think most lean towards preferring shorter songs. Even one of Famitsu's main criticisms for P5D was that the songs were too long.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
If they really wanted to keep songs going as long as they are, then they need to build in breaks like Ouendan (another game with an extra punishing lifebar, lol) did. Doesn't completely alleviate the issue with songs running super long, but it's way better than being forced to play the whole thing.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Almost every single rhythm game does that, even if there's a longer version, they always edit it down to 2 minutes. The entire library of DJMAX is that length and it's perfect. And yea, that ending/credit super long ass song is a pain, I was near the end and my bar is 75%, started freaking out, thank god cleared it.
Yeah Japanese stuff tends to, but throw Western rhythm games in the mix, they're almost all full length licensed songs.

Animagne

Oct 27, 2017
I loved 星と僕らと being full length song. It felt like a nice challenge, especially given it's slower tempo. I just hope that there will be no more songs like that, as novelty of such songs would wear off quickly.

straylize

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked the tradeoff of a couple of longer songs for the added shorter ones. Having either Hoshi to Bokura to and Our Beginning at their length is kind of brutal. Our Beginning could have been cut down and we could have gotten Butterfly Kiss and Layer Cake and I would have been okay with it. The length of the songs was my complaint in P4D too. I'm enjoying my time with both this and P3D, but they've only managed to alleviate like 70% of my problems with P4D in these entries.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I feel P3D has a greater number of shorter songs than P5D also. I literally can't find many reasons to recommend P5D over P3D at this point.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Thirding/fourthing the "long songs are a chore" opinion. I like Hoshi to Bokura to, but I can't see myself trying to get a high rank on it, lol.

So far I'm actually preferring P5D's OST to P3D's, but I haven't played all the P3D songs yet. Definitely agree the selection's a bit thin for both - you'd think they'd at least throw in some of the songs from the P3 films to P3D.