• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 24, 2018
Congrats! I'm in the same boat with All Night difficulty, never really been able to manage it. I found the P3D and P5D songs easier to King Crazy than the P4D ones though. I think I've only managed a couple of KCs in P4D while I've done over half of the non DLC songs in P3/5D.
For what it's worth, I've found Price to be the easiest song in the game.
I need to unlock that one, I love that track!

Jul 24, 2018
Anyone else having difficulty playing with the DualShock controller? I really prefer the Vita but Remote control play also leaves me with a worse framerate.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else having difficulty playing with the DualShock controller? I really prefer the Vita but Remote control play also leaves me with a worse framerate.
What with? I found the DualShock to be way more comfortable than the Vita. If it's the scratch notes you can change them to L and R instead of the touchpad.

Jul 24, 2018
What with? I found the DualShock to be way more comfortable than the Vita. If it's the scratch notes you can change them to L and R instead of the touchpad.
I find it too thick for me to reach the buttons, and the scratching was always way easier to do with the analogue stick on the Vita than the touchpad on the PS4.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I find it too thick for me to reach the buttons, and the scratching was always way easier to do with the analogue stick on the Vita than the touchpad on the PS4.
You can still scratch using the analog sticks if you prefer.

Not sure what to say about the other thing. I have small-ish hands and still find the DS4 comfortable.

Jul 24, 2018
You can still scratch using the analog sticks if you prefer.

Not sure what to say about the other thing. I have small-ish hands and still find the DS4 comfortable.
Well there is one song I've found myself doing better with the DS4 right now and that is Wake Up with Anne but other than that the Vita just feels smoother

The analogue sticks on the DS4 are too damn big :P

Jul 24, 2018
Really been on a role lately, managed to beat my own record of amount of King Crazy Rankings on Hard in Persona 4 Dancing with 3 King Crazies in Persona 5 Dancing, yay!

Jul 24, 2018
I feel like this game has really made me hate an otherwise delightful track Life Goes On. The notes for the song doesn't feel like they jam with the actual rhythm of the track. They could have picked a better music piece from the P5 Soundtrack to make a Dancing track out of.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this game has really made me hate an otherwise delightful track Life Goes On. The notes for the song doesn't feel like they jam with the actual rhythm of the track. They could have picked a better music piece from the P5 Soundtrack to make a Dancing track out of.
Yeah, that's pretty much how I felt about that song too.

Jul 24, 2018
Can't find any videos of someone King Crazy ranking it on Hard. Really want to see what I'm doing wrong on this insufferable song.

Jul 24, 2018
I'm tempted to fire it up and try it, lol
I just can't fathom this song, no other song has annoyed me like this in Persona 4 Dancing, it feels so hard despite the game saying it is one of the easier tracks on Hard. But there is no rhythm to the second part of the song, the notes feel so arbitrary. I always end up with a score short of one 1 note I missed. Ugggh :(

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I just can't fathom this song, no other song has annoyed me like this in Persona 4 Dancing, it feels so hard despite the game saying it is one of the easier tracks on Hard. But there is no rhythm to the second part of the song, the notes feel so arbitrary. I always end up with a score short of one 1 note I missed. Ugggh :(
You're probably not imagining it - the charts seem written by people who don't really play rhythm games, and in places it really shows.

If you want to see me give it a shot I should be live at https://www.twitch.tv/starcreator shortly as soon as I let my PS4 download whatever patches are necessary since the last time it was plugged in.

EDIT: Here you go:

Last edited:

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Please come and finish it for me, it's downright torture ;_____;

EDIT: Annnnnd just as I say this I finally do it... no more. Never again.
Took a quick look at the videos you posted earlier. Have you considered turning the speed up? You probably have the muscle memory built up enough by now that higher read speeds will help you with chart comprehension. (You'll note all my videos have the speed as high as the game makes possible, which I feel is still too slow...)

Jul 24, 2018
Took a quick look at the videos you posted earlier. Have you considered turning the speed up? You probably have the muscle memory built up enough by now that higher read speeds will help you with chart comprehension. (You'll note all my videos have the speed as high as the game makes possible, which I feel is still too slow...)
Might do it for future attempts.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
I asked this in the review threads, gonna ask it here.

Did the JP version have free DLC songs? It seems those songs are now bundled into the paid DLC in the English version.

Also will it be possible to buy individual costume DLC in the English version? I am only interested in the Yakuza stuff.

Honestly it's very disappointing to see Atlus USA pulling all these shady shenanigans. It's really soured the taste.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Well the first song I see is Groovy(Full version) which is free in JP and it's bundled in the Song DLC in the west.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK
Given it's a $25 package for 30 of the game's 36 DLC songs vs. 9930 yen (approximately $88) for those same songs the way it was all released in Japan (no bundle whatsoever) I'm fine with that tradeoff.

The songs NOT listed in the season pass per Gematsu's list, that were all 1000 yen (approximately $9) each in JP:
  • A Way of Life -Deep inside my mind Remix- (Theodore)
  • Beneath the Mask (Lavenza)
  • Break Out Of ... (ATLUS Kitajoh Remix) (Sho)
  • å…Ø恦恮äŗŗć®é­‚ć®ęˆ¦ć„ (Shinjiro)
  • Today (Labrys)
  • Will Power (Akechi)

Last edited:

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Given it's a $25 package for nearly every song (Gematsu lists 30 songs; I counted 36 JP side) vs. well over $100 worth of yen the way it was all released in Japan (no bundle whatsoever) I'm fine with that tradeoff.

I never played P3 so those songs are not that interesting to me. I was planning to only buy the anime songs of P5 and grab the free song DLC. Now it's $25 which is a lot to spend on top of the $60.

I might compromise on the song bundle, but if there is no way to buy the Yakuza costume separately, it's gonna be a huge fucking let down.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I never played P3 so those songs are not that interesting to me. I was planning to only buy the anime songs of P5 and grab the free song DLC. Now it's $25 which is a lot to spend on top of the $60.

I might compromise on the song bundle, but if there is no way to buy the Yakuza costume separately, it's gonna be a huge fucking let down.
Honestly, I still think P3D blows P5D out of the water on musical style alone.

Gematsu had this to say in that above linked article (emphasis mine):
Because of the significant amount of add-on content available for both Persona 3 Dancing and Persona 5 Dancing, several bundle options will be available at launch to provide convenient options for players looking to purchase full add-on sets at a discount compared to purchasing them individually.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
ok, the game is out now and I just checked PSN.

Right now I see one free song but it's not Groovy. I can see a couple songs available to buy including the anime songs.

I'm wondering whether the songs are released gradually because Groovy is not available to purchase separately.

Also the Yakuza Set is 5 bucks but I guess I will suck it up.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
If I've never beaten P3 or P5, will I get spoiled playing through their respective dancing games? I'm sure there will be little things, but will they straight up address / call attention to ending-level type stuff?

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I've never beaten P3 or P5, will I get spoiled playing through their respective dancing games? I'm sure there will be little things, but will they straight up address / call attention to ending-level type stuff?
Pretty sure there's at least one unavoidable thing for P5D regarding a certain character and an endgame reveal about them.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Does it mention how the gang gets their powers back?
They never lost their powers, even at the end of Persona 5. The only implication is that they can only summon personas in the Metaverse, and the Metaverse is gone, but even that is nebulous.

But there is no persona summoning in P5D, so it's a moot point. There are dialogue options that talk about continuing to be a Phantom Thief, though, which would imply that there's still a Metaverse, and that they can still go on doing what they were doing before.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They never lost their powers, even at the end of Persona 5. The only implication is that they can only summon personas in the Metaverse, and the Metaverse is gone, but even that is nebulous.

But there is no persona summoning in P5D, so it's a moot point. There are dialogue options that talk about continuing to be a Phantom Thief, though, which would imply that there's still a Metaverse, and that they can still go on doing what they were doing before.
Its been a while since my last playthrough so I kinda forgot that detail lol.
But thanks, can't wait for my copy to arrive tonight.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not clicking the spoiler tags here (obviously lol), but is the P5 spoiler as big as say

Persona 4 Spoiler:
who the killer is in the end of Persona 4?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not clicking the spoiler tags here (obviously lol), but is the P5 spoiler as big as say

Persona 4 Spoiler:
who the killer is in the end of Persona 4?
No. The major spoilers aren't touched... although, depending on how much you find yourself looking into it, the intro spoiler can be significant.

I personally wouldn't play this game if I had 60 hours of Persona 5 left, though. It'd have spoilers for music, locations, and character arcs. But that's just me.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
No. The major spoilers aren't touched... although, depending on how much you find yourself looking into it, the intro spoiler can be significant.

I personally wouldn't play this game if I had 60 hours of Persona 5 left, though. It'd have spoilers for music, locations, and character arcs. But that's just me.

Fair suggestion. I just don't know if I'm going to ever get around to beating P5 or not. If I do, could take me years lol. (P4G took me like 2.5 years lol)

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
I'm reading that the season passes are not cross buy....is that accurate?!?
There are separate season passes for the vita and ps4 copies?? I'm playing the vita version right now and I'll be picking up the ps4 games soon and I was thinking of grabbing the season passes but now I'm a little reluctant if that's true. šŸ˜“