• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That's great, I wonder how much the Royal version will add, do these rereleases usually cross a million?

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
The sensible thing to do after good sales would be to not not wait 10 years before releasing the next game right. Right?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
That's great, I wonder how much the Royal version will add, do these rereleases usually cross a million?

I know golden sold atleast 700k but I'm not sure if it made it the rest of the way. It was Vita only though which is a big difference, and Persona 5 sold a lot more than 4 in general. Royal should clear it pretty easily.

Still mind boggling to me that Atlus hasn't ported P3/4 at all.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
The sensible thing to do after good sales would be to not not wait 10 years before releasing the next game right. Right?
sigh, it took as long as it did to come out because of alot of shit that was happening at atlus during dev including having the project being put temporarily on hold.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
400K in Japan already. Didn't it only do 180K first week? P5R should easily hit a million world wide.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
sigh, it took as long as it did to come out because of alot of shit that was happening at atlus during dev including having the project being put temporarily on hold.

Well judging by SMT V and Re Fantasy they didn't learn their lesson about announcing games stupidly early

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
400K? So almost half of those sales are digital?
That's impressive.

Finally bring it to Xbox One and get a few more million.

>A few more million
>Xbox One

YDbbGXH.jpg

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So it'll easily hit 5M+ once Royal releases in the west. Crazy that this series from a complete niche to such a big success. Good on Atlus, and I hope this prompts them to be more inclusive and also reintroduce people to the older persona games.

品川駅

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
Tokyo, Japan
I am happy that is having great success but is frustrating how people is overlooking the fact that Royal is being sold at full price instead of being a DLC.

That's my biggest gripe with the game.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I didn't think I was going to have so many legs until I remembered that it's in Playstation Hits. Congratulations to Atlus.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Good news indeed.

Hopefully they have made enough to put in some more subtitles now eh.

After playing Yakuza on PC I still hope onnneeeee day it will come to PC too. Let a man dream

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
And still treating pal reagions like if this was still the n64 era and some people defending them saying their jrpg is niche.
Niche my ass.

Atlus start doing fucking FIGS subs you cheap pieces of shit.

Paradax

Jun 1, 2018
I am glad for the series' success, though I wish it didn't come at the cost of Atlus forgetting about every other SMT spinoff.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Well judging by SMT V and Re Fantasy they didn't learn their lesson about announcing games stupidly early
Re fantasy is understandable since it was a recruitment announcement for a new studio inside atlus and they were upfront that it will take a long time and they didn't even start , no excuse for SMTV however

Remakes of the old games (1 and both parts of 2) like Kiwami was for the old Yakuza games would be great.
Technically they already got their remakes in PSP, second part of 2 remake isn't localized but I believe there is a fan translation

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if this success plus the Switch mania will also push SMT to new heights when it finally resurfaces.