• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's good news, though not unexpected. Not really excited for this despite the original being one of my favourite games but maybe I'll come round come launch.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, was hoping for a surprise January / February.

Spring 2020 is loaded with games, but I'm super hyped for this. Glad I never got around to a 2nd playthrough is vanilla P5.

Oct 25, 2017
well we dont technically know that yet
Which part? I thought that was confirmed info from their FAQs.
Q. Are there any carryover elements from Persona 5?
A. P5R is based on P5's game systems and adds many new elements starting from the beginning of the game, including new characters and events. Because the experience is different from the original P5, we do not support the transfer of save data for parameters like completed personas.
However, with save data from P5, you will receive certain bonuses that will help you early on.
  • Special bonuses can be received from both PS4 and PS3 save data.
  • For the PS3 version of P5, you can receive benefits by having save data in the network (cloud), while playing P5R on the same PSN account.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I was just digging that up myself.
Screenshot_2019-08-18_Persona_5_Royal_FAQ_Released_Details_No_Plans_for_Console_Port_and_Persona_5_S.png

Clearly says that we'll get something but not the actual saves carry over and even uses compendium as an example.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'm so fucking ready for this.

Persona 5 is probably in my Top 5 games period, bring on round 2.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Atlus is just being greedy in wanting 60 bucks for this. People here shit on EA and Ubisoft, but they belong to the same category. And don't tell me, it's a small company, they need to finance their new project. They milk their shit as much as possible.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There's no way I'm touching this before the PS5 releases, especially considering the Japanese version comes out in a few weeks from now and I'll probably spoil myself on the new content

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for something more exact than spring. Can't wait, I've avoided as much info as possible but just from what I've seen in random tweets and posts the amount of new content is massive.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That's more or less what I expected. Hopefully the changes are substantial.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Atlus is just being greedy in wanting 60 bucks for this. People here shit on EA and Ubisoft, but they belong to the same category. And don't tell me, it's a small company, they need to finance their new project. They milk their shit as much as possible.

You must really hate Nintendo's $60 Wii U ports, then. Those don't add anywhere near as much as P5R, either. Heck, Tropical Freeze was even more expensive than the original release.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I was just digging that up myself.
Screenshot_2019-08-18_Persona_5_Royal_FAQ_Released_Details_No_Plans_for_Console_Port_and_Persona_5_S.png

Clearly says that we'll get something but not the actual saves carry over and even uses compendium as an example.
Where does it say compendium? I thought completed personas referred to like stats of personas, which is obviously not happening. If they wanted compendium, the word they would use is compendium. Not that its happening, but I dont think its ruled out yet

Oct 25, 2017
Where does it say compendium? I thought completed personas referred to like stats of personas, which is obviously not happening. If they wanted compendium, the word they would use is compendium. Not that its happening, but I dont think its ruled out yet

Even if you don't consider "completed personas" to be the compendium, it says that the carryover bonus is early game boosts, which the full compendium wouldn't fall under. And that's an unofficial translation, so can't read too much into exact wording technicalities.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I'm waiting to see if I want to keep going on my NG+ based on the reactions to this when it hits. I first played P5 back in December, don't know if I'm willing to do 3 playthroughs in the span of like, 16 months.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure they put a lot of work into it to make it more than an expansion. Not going to stop my feelings that it could have been an expansion. I'll just wait for a hefty price drop before buying again.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I thought they'd already announced this for whatever reason.

Looking forward to another 100+ hours of P5.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018

It'll be on sale in two months if you're patient.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt they want anything to do with Cyberpunk and Avengers so my money is on June.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if you don't consider "completed personas" to be the compendium, it says that the carryover bonus is early game boosts, which the full compendium wouldn't fall under. And that's an unofficial translation, so can't read too much into exact wording technicalities.
An early game boost would be the compendium though in my mind. Im just saying its not ruled out in any case

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Never replayed P5 because I figured there'd be a re-release eventually so I'm ready, I've been wanting to revisit it for a while.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017

This will have a huge amount of content. You will get more than your money's worth.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
When the completed Personas don't carry over, it's obvious that compendium won't carry over either. Since you know, that's where you save your Personas and all that.

And like Crimson said, even if you ignore that, they clearly say you'll get some bonus to help you early on which to me doesn't sound like getting your entire compendium from the get go.

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder about the wording in Atlus USA's tweet. I feel as if Kasumi has never actually been said to be a member of the Phantom Thieves in Japanese marketing, or presented as such.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
i haven't played P5 yet

should i play it or just wait for this?
I'll actually give out the opposite of everyone's advice and tell you to play it right now.

You can't appreciate the changes when you haven't played the original. The game is super cheap too since it's part of playstation hits.

One caveat though, if it's your first Persona then probably just wait for royal.

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When the completed Personas don't carry over, it's obvious that compendium won't carry over either. Since you know, that's where you save your Personas and all that.

And like Crimson said, even if you ignore that, they clearly say you'll get some bonus to help you early on which to me doesn't sound like getting your entire compendium from the get go.
point being, we are basing this on a couple of assumptions. Lets see how it plays out

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Considering p5 took me 130 hours, I'm really wondering how much this is gonna take.

Oct 30, 2017
Let me guess:

Screenshots will be blocked for "spoilers" even though the story will have been spoiled online for 6+ months by the time it launches outside of Japan.

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
I'm through the first 3 dungeon on the OG and moved on to something else always knowing I would come back. I think I will start over on Royal and not be mad about it. Definitely ready to make a full commitment this time.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Spring 2020 is a real rough time for this to release. After my disappointment with vanilla P5 I can definitely wait for this in a sale. I doubt I'll pick this up when I have Animal Crossing and Cyberpunk sitting there.

Let me guess:

Screenshots will be blocked for "spoilers" even though the story will have been spoiled online for 6+ months by the time it launches outside of Japan.

Pretty sure it was confirmed that you can share stuff before the new content in the 3rd term. So old P5 spoilers are fair game. The game almost certainly has a new truer ending.