• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
In before it gets announced for April and then gets delayed to July a few months before, with absolutely nothing to show for the delay localization-wise.

Still kinda intrigued for this, though. From the trailers it really does look like a thorough revamp of the main story in addition to all the new stuff.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
With FF7 Remake in March and Cyberpunk 2077 in April, I think a May release would be the best for them.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017

A match made in heaven.

Same-feeling.jpg

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this for real. I thought this was coming out in like a few weeks, why would they have it come out in spring when animal crossing and final fantasy 7 remake

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure it was confirmed that you can share stuff before the new content in the 3rd term. So old P5 spoilers are fair game. The game almost certainly has a new truer ending.
Have they actually confirmed this?

This would be so ridiculous considering the fact that Atlus USA just finally gave us the ability to capture and share stuff from the entirety of the newest RGG game (Judgment) in the western release, whereas with previous Yakuza titles they'd always disable the share button in the final chapter.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Have they actually confirmed this?

This would be so ridiculous considering the fact that Atlus USA just finally gave us the ability to capture and share stuff from the entirety of the newest RGG game (Judgment) in the western release, whereas with previous Yakuza titles they'd always disable the share button in the final chapter.
It's been confirmed that the Share functionality will be available until mid-December in-game.

wsbceo

alt account
Banned
Apr 29, 2019
I'm excited. I stopped playing P5 for another game, I can't remember which. But I didn't pick it back up because I knew Atlus would do their usual update. Looking forward to it.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Since this game will be current-gen only as opposed to the original release that was cross-gen, do you think the game will have improved graphics or performance? It will have been three years since the original's release; maybe Atlus improved the engine somewhat.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Since this game will be current-gen only as opposed to the original release that was cross-gen, do you think the game will have improved graphics or performance? It will have been three years since the original's release; maybe Atlus improved the engine somewhat.

I read that it ran at 4K on the Pro I believe, fps wise I don't know.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Kinda funny that remakes of my two favorite JRPGs (both in my overall top 5) are coming out in the same quarter.

I'm in the "wait and see" camp for both, but I'll be more inclined to pick up P5R if they don't go over 100 hours on it.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I hate to bitch but like... 5-6 month wait? Why? Unless they're redoing/retouching the original translation too.

Coming out somewhere around FF7 Remake won't help though.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to bitch but like... 5-6 month wait? Why? Unless they're redoing/retouching the original translation too.

Redoing a lot of voice lines and text for sure. On top of the new stuff. Also keep in mind Sega of America and Atlus USA are nearly the same people now. Atlus USA also works on localizing the Yakuza games as well among other things.

There's other things to consider such as them wanting to make sure both the West and Asian versions are ready to go at the same time. The Japanese version would always be done a lot sooner. And they aren't just gonna hold it back until localization is done. Voice actor scheduling. Choosing a good time for a release in the rest of the world, etc.

There's many factors that can be at play

I don't think they are releasing it later, just to release it later

Oct 29, 2017
UK

Considering the original translation, it does need a touch up. I remember the glaring error at the start where a character straight up predicts the future some how about how you're gonna get a phone call.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I'm excited. I'm excited this will be a 150 hour game. Yes Atlus do it. Show the collectors edition so I can preorder it.

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Hopefully we get another sweet Collectors Edition, the one Japan got looks pretty damn sweet.

img_6228.jpg

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I never expected it to come 2019 so this is actually sooner than I thought.

Another game at the start of 2020 is crazy though.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to it, but I can't possibly justify prioritizing a rerelease, as much new content as there is, over some of the new games coming out around that time.

Especially if this is $60, as it likely will be.

I'll wait until it's cheaper and for impressions from people who didn't like the original game but are still interested in this, which is my situation.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
It always seemed to look like Atlus doesn't hand over anything to localizers until they complete the jp version first, catherine and so on sure makes it seem plausible that they don't spare the dev time to the western release until the game is done. I expect a similiar gap for SMTV if not bigger if the scope of the game is bigger than SMT4:

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's been confirmed that the Share functionality will be available until mid-December in-game.
Well, that's bs.

Atlus is like one step forward, two steps backwards. I was so surprised when I saw they had no restrictions for Judgment. I guess I should've seen this coming tho. You can't still take a pic in Persona 5 vanilla and that game is 3 years old, so I really shouldn't be surprised here.

Oct 25, 2017
Embarrassing localization delay considering how well it sells in the west.

It better come with a complete revamp of the script considering how poor and awkward the writing was in the original game.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's bs.

Atlus is like one step forward, two steps backwards. I was so surprised when I saw they had no restrictions for Judgment. I guess I should've seen this coming tho. You can't still take a pic in Persona 5 vanilla and that game is 3 years old, so I really shouldn't be surprised here.
This was for West only though. Judgement had share restriction for Japan/Asia. And P5R December restriction is Japan only for now as well, so who knows what the West restriction will be. But yeah considering this is Atlus, I won't get my hopes up for Share feature regardless.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This was for West only though. Judgement had share restriction for Japan/Asia. And P5R December restriction is Japan only for now as well, so who knows what the West restriction will be. But yeah considering this is Atlus, I won't get my hopes up for Share feature regardless.
That's true. Hopefully Atlus USA manages to convince the idiots at Atlus JP that everything will be leaked online no matter what they do so they shouldn't punish the vast majority of their paying costumers for what some people will do regardless.

Last edited: