• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. I'm not so sold on the Joker Mask, but I'm definitely preordering this. Having missed out on the Take Your Heart CE I'm not making that mistake again.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They changed far too much for this to just be DLC. It's in between a remake and a remaster.
From what I've heard it's mainly the last semester and ending that changed, and in places not even for the better?

My understanding is that it's similar to Golden in the amount of content changed, if a bit less.

I'm mainly worried they're not going to touch up the shoddy translation or homophobic areas.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
So 12 days to wait to learn about a release in more than 3 months.
ATLUS MARKETING

Yeah this is kind of the biggest disappointment for me. Like the game is still coming state side 5 months after the japanese release despite a majority of the content already having been translated. March isn't even a surprising time frame for it either, so the countdown feels a little "really? That's it?"

lightning16

May 17, 2019
We've actually had a couple of games delayed out of March already. Notably VTM: Bloodlines 2 and Watch Dogs 3.

But the list of March releases is now (and most of these were added in the last few days or month):

FF7R
One Piece Pirate Warriors 4
Nioh 2
Half-Life: Alyx
Bleeding Edge
Doom Eternal
Animal Crossing
Fairy Tail
My Hero One's Justice 2
Persona 5 Royal
Langrisser I & II will show them all up!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'll pass, I would pay $40 as an expansion upgrade of the original P5, but not going to pay $60 as a full priced game since I already played 100 hours of the original game and this isn't that much new content. Bad release date too as March is stacked.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've heard it's mainly the last semester and ending that changed, and in places not even for the better?

My understanding is that it's similar to Golden in the amount of content changed, if a bit less.

I'm mainly worried they're not going to touch up the shoddy translation or homophobic areas.
There is more added content on P5R than golden unless you gonna knock R for lack of scooters

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
That joker mask as opposed to the t-shirt japan got or the DOPE ass bag from the limited edition of the original release? Big ew

straylize

Oct 25, 2017

The main difference is that most of the new content is backloaded when compared to how Golden handled it. There's a lot of smaller, new bits of content spread throughout, but the only BIG changes are all part of the setup of the new characters and new semester content, while other things are a bit more minimal. That said, pretty much everything it integrated much better and is of a much better quality than Golden's offerings (in my opinion), and the things that are not so great are not really enough to take away from how much was actually really enjoyable.

I'm hoping they touch up the localization, but they didn't cut anything that was in the original game, both for better and for worse.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The blatant instances of homophobia not being removed & [Insert certain thing that was added to the Kamoshida dungeon that could be spoilery here] were ultimately deal-breakers for me, but damn is that Joker mask clean. If it wasn't for the aforementioned deal-breakers, I'd be all over that special edition.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
It's like all the major RPGs came together to gang up on Animal Crossing

and animal crossing is looking at them like:

c8756a38901268114bb58b38933f4672.jpg

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We've actually had a couple of games delayed out of March already. Notably VTM: Bloodlines 2 and Watch Dogs 3.

But the list of March releases is now (and most of these were added in the last few days or month):

FF7R
One Piece Pirate Warriors 4
Nioh 2
Half-Life: Alyx
Bleeding Edge
Doom Eternal
Animal Crossing
Fairy Tail
My Hero One's Justice 2
Persona 5 Royal

5 of these are day 1 purchases for me... fucking hell

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I want to platinum this again, which looks less tedious, FFVII Remake has my heart.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
Well definitely won't get a chance to actually replay it any time soon, but yeah need that Phantom Thieves edition

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I prefer this date to the February date as at least this has more separation between it and FF7 than the February date did. Also, because it comes out after FF7, it gives me a chance to see where I'm at in my FF7 progress before committing.

Oct 27, 2017
I won't buy it unless they give ppl who beat the original an option to play late game new content from the start, like The Answer wirh FES

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I won't buy it unless they give ppl who beat the original an option to play late game new content from the start, like The Answer wirh FES

The Answer was its whole thing, but Royal's new content is distributed along the entire school year, so you can't do that.

straylize

Oct 25, 2017

Late game new content literally hinges on new confidants and story done throughout the game and is gated by completing specific conditions because of how the plot for it is set up. There's no viable way of doing this because of how intrinsically tied the new plotline is to stuff that exists througout the vanilla content.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need to have played the original Persona 5 to enjoy this, right?