• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nec

The Fallen
Mar 12, 2019
I bought the vanilla one in Jan but only played 5 hours, should I just wait for this version instead?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Jesus, same month as Animal Crossing, Doom, FF7R, and Pirate Warriors 4.

Normally I'd pass on like two of these games and get them later, but my GCU runs out on April 1st...

May 30, 2018
I wanna see the new stuff, but the game was so memorable that I'm not sure I wanna go through the old stuff again lol

Plus thats a very tempting steelbook.

Smh

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Currently playing through it and there is a ton of new content. Sadly not many team bonding moments unlike P4 Golden, but the other content is great so far (6th Palace)

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ready to do another 100h+ playthrough. Despite some of its problems, I really enjoyed the original P5.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hmmmm just read the changes and new semester additions, no longer planning to buy as I don't care for the story additions and the gameplay changes aren't enough for me to start from scratch. March is still going to be crazy with everything coming out but at least I can save $60!

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm passing on Royal, I don't think I can justify playing another 80-100 hours of Persona 5. I enjoyed the game but was ready to be done with it by about the 60 hours mark.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

Atlus asking for $100 for the real complete edition LMFAO

Edit: Wait the Ultimate Edition doesn't even come with all the DLCs lmao

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the DLC from the first game carries over?

I don't want to have to re-buy all of those previous persona character packs...

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck off with March. Come the fuck on, game industry.
You want them to go back to the holiday shopping during Sept-November? Hell I'd rather it be around tax season where I have extra funds to buy stuff after the holidays and not when I'm saving for the damn holidays.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
You want them to go back to the holiday shopping during Sept-November? Hell I'd rather it be around tax season where I have extra funds to buy stuff after the holidays and not when I'm saving for the damn holidays.
I'd prefer if we didn't have these giant months packed to bursting in between extreme lows tbh.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the DLC from the first game carries over?

I don't want to have to re-buy all of those previous persona character packs...
In the JP version, no it doesn't, but if you bought it for the original, you can buy it at a discount. At least that's what I've been told. Not sure if the west will take the same approach.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
In the JP version, no it doesn't, but if you bought it for the original, you can buy it at a discount. At least that's what I've been told. Not sure if the west will take the same approach.

Weeeeeeeeeeeelp... not buying this at full price then. Guess I will wait until it's on sale.

Atlus be milking this game like crazy. -.-

Cannon_Fodder

Oct 27, 2017
A 12 day countdown for the Western release date of a full-price rerelease that came out in Japan over a month ago is already peak Atlus. And that's before you consider the 99.99 USD "Ultimate Edition" with a ton of DLC.

I get that doesn't bother some people, and that's fine--you do you. But that's just so gross to me.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
if the DLC is just costumes and Persona then no way. Would possibly pay for music though.
Judging by the description it's three costume packs. So it seems like even the Ultimate Edition doesn't come with all DLCs, since it doesn't say anything about "those fights" that were DLCs in Japanese version.

I don't care what anyone says, this is peak Atlus greed.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A 12 day countdown for the Western release date of a full-price rerelease that came out in Japan over a month ago is already peak Atlus. And that's before you consider the 99.99 USD "Ultimate Edition" with a ton of DLC.

I get that doesn't bother some people, and that's fine--you do you. But that's just so gross to me.
Image being in japan where just the game is almost $90usd

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I just put over 100 hours into Persona 5 last year so I probably won't be picking this up, that steelbook is sexy as hell though.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I probably buy it but won't pay it for quite some time. Will try and get a playthrough in before next gen. I did enjoy vanilla p5 but it was dragging at the end.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm buying it day one but no way am I starting on this without finishing FF7 first. Man I'm kind of glad TLOU2 got delayed now.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
70 hours? More like 300, lol.

But yeah, it's day 1 for me, and the end of March/early April launch date is perfect too, because I'll have zero time for playing games until then.