• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-ordered both versions, will cancel one later.

I came into P5 with P4G being my favorite game ever. After finishing P5 I still slightly held P4G higher than P5 but I would fully realized at the time that P5 was a better game, I just needed a little bit more of something in P5 to topple P4G. This looks to be that little extra.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Notably, Deep Silver won't be publishing the game in Europe. Instead, the blatantly obvious has been done, and Sega Europe will handle EU duty.

Oct 25, 2017
I got the original Day 1 but never had the chance to get into it.

I hope to rectify this even with everything else coming in March.

(Why does everything have to be in March?!)

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got the original Day 1 but never had the chance to get into it despite all the praise.

I hope to rectify this even with everything else coming in March.

(Why does everything have to be in March?!)

the latest they can release it for the fiscal year. Sure they would have waiting another month if they could

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Wow this is a bad date huh.

I liked p5 a lot and persona has a special place in my heart but with both animal crossing and ff7r releasing that month, probably gonna wait on this.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Did they adjust the dlc persona because some of them are pretty broken. Hopefully they will just build them into the game.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Pleasantly surprised the game is already available for pre-order on Bol.com (basically the Dutch equivalent of Amazon). Will probably go for the regular steelbook version. Almost €40 more just for the Joker mask and what no doubt will be a cheaply produced artbook... eh.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
"No Money March"

Everyone squeezing in their games before the fiscal year ends

Dinoegg_96

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
I couldn't get the LE of the vanilla release because I was just a brokeass student, but now that I'm a brokeass intern I'll definitely get that Phantom Thieves Edition.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I'm so confused...

1. Why is the steelbook backwards? Like why is the title on the back and not the front?

2. Does the Launch Edition simply come with a regular copy of the game with the steelbook as a bonus or is it the steelbook and a sleeve (or cardboard box) for the steelbook?

3. What does the collector's box look like for the Phantom Thieves Edition?

HELP!

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I'm so confused...

1. Why is the steelbook backwards? Like why is the title on the back and not the front?

2. Does the Launch Edition simply come with a regular copy of the game with the steelbook as a bonus or is it the steelbook and a sleeve (or cardboard box) for the steelbook?

3. What does the collector's box look like for the Phantom Thieves Edition?

HELP!

Anyone?

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
What the heck?

Anyway, snagged the Phantom Thieves edition on Amazon. Me and my fiancee are pumped. Admittedly though, not as good as the vanilla collectors edition from 2017 but yeah, not bad.
What's wrong with it?

It feels like a scam to me. This is an updated version of a game released at full price for the same console. This is exactly the type of thing that should not be supported, worse than a lot of what EA does imo.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Anyway, snagged the Phantom Thieves edition on Amazon. Me and my fiancee are pumped. Admittedly though, not as good as the vanilla collectors edition from 2017 but yeah, not bad.

I actually kind of like this one more. I'd rather put Joker's mask on display than a Morgana plushie, and the bag I never really cared for since I would never use it.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like a scam to me. This is an updated version of a game released at full price for the same console. This is exactly the type of thing that should not be supported, worse than a lot of what EA does imo.

Uh this is a really big update to the game adding a whole extra semester, gameplay tweaks, new characters, 4K res. I believe they said it's significantly more content that both P3 FES, and P4 Golden which got the same treatment.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the english dub will still pronounce half the characters names wrong.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm lucky that I've never bought Persona 5 or Dragon Quest XI yet, so those games with the definitive versions will be a treat for me (one of them is on the Nintendo Switch).

It still stings for the ones who have bought the originals.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It still stings for the ones who have bought the originals.
I'm not sure why this is supposed to sting. I'm glad I was able to play Persona 5 three years ago instead of waiting for a definitive edition, and I'm also looking forward to experiencing what P5R has to offer. Like, I'm pretty sure most people excited for P5R are people who have already played P5.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm not sure why this is supposed to sting. I'm glad I was able to play Persona 5 three years ago instead of waiting for a definitive edition, and I'm also looking forward to experiencing what P5R has to offer. Like, I'm pretty sure most people excited for P5R are people who have already played P5.

Well, a lot of people who have bought the original game have felt ripped off & have gotten gypped, in which they would have to shell out another $60 just to play the completed, updated version of the game. Not just from here on ResetERA, either.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, a lot of people who have bought the original game have felt ripped off & have gotten gypped. Not just from here on ResetERA, either.
People will always feel that way when a "definitive" edition comes along of a game they previously bought. But I'm not one of the people who constantly feels like waiting years for some version like that to come along for every game out there, and prefer enjoying what there is when it's there. And I'm certainly not alone.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This shouldn't cost $60 for previous owners. Same goes for the earlier definitive versions but it was basically impossible to patch P3 and P4 on PS2.

Anyway, I got pretty burned out on P5 and there's no way I'd pay $60 for an even longer version.