• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Thanks guys.

So red shadows tou can never capture them because they are one level above you right?

And about social stuff, when someone ask me to do something, i should always do it with them right away, right?

For now i usually study when it's raining
No, you will outlevel red shadows eventually and they can even be recruited once their levels are lower than yours. What makes them unique is that their health needs to be depleted considerably before you are even able to negotiate with them.

You definitely don't need to respond to invitations right away! I mean, it's handy if you wanted to hang out with that particular person anyway. But if you got other things to do first (renting/returning dvds, checking the lottery, buying items), by all means, do it first.

And if you don't want to hang out with a person, simply ignore the invitation.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
Jose is a nice addition to Mementos, but I'm not sure it's enough to save it... An indicator in which level he is would have been nice, for one.

Nice shop background, though.

Press L1 (with any character) to see a summary of the shadows you're fighting against. If you have discovered their weaknesses it will be shown there.

What silhouettes are you talking about? I don't see any difference between vanilla and Royal as far as random Tokyo NPCs go, aside from the addition of tourists with selfie sticks at least.

Maybe I confusing it with a different game .

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I feel way in over my head - I don't have a clue what confident arcane fusing stuff it keeps telling me about is. I'm absolutely lost as to the appropriate way to execute my personas, pretty sure I screwed something up big time in the first tutorial. I just got a part-time job... seems I was supposed to? But then the next day Ann is like "yo we better hurry the f up for the palace" so I just went back. Lots of systems, lots of "hope I'm doing this kinda sorta right."
Each confidant is associated with a particular arcane, much like every persona has an arcane it belongs to. For example, Ann's confidant is The Lovers, just like Pixie belongs to that arcane. This means that, should you produce a Pixie through fusion (or any other persona from that arcana), it will gain bonus experience after fusion depending on how high your confidant level with Ann is.

This means that it is beneficial for you to fuse personas which will get a lot of bonus experience, because that way they will learn new skills a lot faster than through random battles, and I mean a lot.

But I do think the game kind of overstates the importance of this. Yes, it's a very nice bonus, but no, it should not deter you from fusing personas that won't receive bonus experience. Especially early in the game, when you don't have many confidants yet and their levels are low, you won't gain that much bonus experience anyway.

There isn't really an appropriate way to fuse ('execute') your personas, aside from trying to cover as many weaknesses as possible, especially for damage types your party members can't hit. With Ryuji, Morgana and Ann you have Zio (Electric), Garu (Wind) and Agi (Fire) covered, so you will want to look for personas that have access to Bufu (Ice), Kouha (Bless) and Eiha (Curse) skills. (There are two other damage types, but they won't really come into play until the 2nd palace.)

Don't worry too much about part-time jobs. They're a handy way to make money and raise certain social stats, and you will want to spend at least once every while working there because Persona 5 likes to hide at least 1 new Confidant and a couple of bonus missions behind them. But in theory you could apply for a job, get hired, never show up and nobody would care.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just started on the game but...

if my guess is correct, it kinda sucks that I immediately could tell what the twist of the new content just by noticing the new lines of dialogue.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018
I did not think I'd be going so slowly but I haven't had a lot of time to really sit down and knock stuff out, I got to naming the group lol. It doesn't help that 2nd palace is my least favorite as Yusuke is my least favorite character so I'm not feeling the motivation just yet.

Though I've just been told to literally not peek outside my house for at least 2 weeks so... I guess I'll have time soon.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I feel way in over my head - I don't have a clue what confident arcane fusing stuff it keeps telling me about is. I'm absolutely lost as to the appropriate way to execute my personas, pretty sure I screwed something up big time in the first tutorial. I just got a part-time job... seems I was supposed to? But then the next day Ann is like "yo we better hurry the f up for the palace" so I just went back. Lots of systems, lots of "hope I'm doing this kinda sorta right."

One error or disservice I do feel the game makes early on is rushing you to finish the palace so quickly the moment it's introduced. You are given 14 days, time plenty to enhance your confidants, offering better fusion(execution) rewards, passive skills, and to get better prepped with tools and items. It behooves newcomers to actually learn that stuff and get comfortable learning the gameflow, but instead the game practically reminds the player at every turn to just go, go, go to the palace ASAP!

Anyway, raising confidant levels provides all sorts of bonuses. In terms of arcana, ever persona(demon) has a tarot card attached just as confidants too. Leveling up say...the nurse means that not only do you get bonuses unlocked(new items for sale from her), but you also get free XP anytime you fuse a demon/persona that is her tarot(Death). The free XP often levels them up further right away unlocking new skills immediately. Basically nothing to think too much about, just the higher your confidant levels in the game, the better your demons will be when fusing(on top of the unlocks you get from them).

Dont stress on fusing, it can feel vague and overwhelming, and don't feel there is a correct method to it. Basic rule of thumb is to always try to fuse two lower level demons into something new that is close to your own level. If you are lv 10, but are still running around with a lv 2 pixie, then fuse her with something else to get a stronger demon close to level 10 on the list(you can't fuse anything higher than Jokers current level). (ie. Lv 2 pixie + Lv 5 whatever = lv 8 new demon!)

Just be mindful of having as many elements or skills covered as well. Stronger demons are not always better than having varied elements or skills to swap in battle.

Early in, fusing isnt so vital, as you can just not bother doing it and instead spend dungeon 1 adding demons to your party through combat. Fusing becomes more natural to do in the mid and end game when you start to understand what type of demon or skills would help for certain enemies or dungeons that may be hassling you at the moment.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having trouble sending someone to steal the crown from Kamoshida in the boss fight. I don't remember it being this hard in P5. I've been sending Mona because I need Ryuji for his heavy hitting, but at this point I'm low on SP and struggling to heal too much that I'm not giving him enough damage I guess.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having trouble sending someone to steal the crown from Kamoshida in the boss fight. I don't remember it being this hard in P5. I've been sending Mona because I need Ryuji for his heavy hitting, but at this point I'm low on SP and struggling to heal too much that I'm not giving him enough damage I guess.
I find that as long as two people hit him during that phase, I have no issue progressing through it. Have someone pump Ryuji with Tarukaja (or just have him buff himself) and go ham with Lunge. Have someone to heal and someone to poke with a good skill. If you're hitting for 150+ each rotation, you should be more than fine.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I always forget that Persona/Demon negotiation is even in this game.
It feels like it should be an SMT thing.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed a few cute UI things. They change morgana and ann's portrait in the stat menu after the first showtime temporarily

7r5h4FG.jpg

Seemed to change back after another fight but that was funny. The Temperance confidant also had a becky stamp and a different picture earlier, not sure if it did that before or not.

This game just oozes charm everywhere.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Second palace spoilers:

Is it me or is Madarame's second phase entirely out of place for this late into the game. Like game taught me idea of hitting weaknesses 18+ hours ago. I don't need a boss fight that's literally just "hit color codded enemies". It's like a tutorial that got pushed too late into the game for story reasons.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I always forget that Persona/Demon negotiation is even in this game.
It feels like it should be an SMT thing.

I really liked persona 5's streamlined take on it, alongside shadows being back to "demons" instead of the endlessly recolored monsters from P3/4. P5 was really good in reincorporating some of its SMT heritage and modernizing it.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I noticed a few cute UI things. They change morgana and ann's portrait in the stat menu after the first showtime temporarily

7r5h4FG.jpg

Seemed to change back after another fight but that was funny. The Temperance confidant also had a becky stamp and a different picture earlier, not sure if it did that before or not.

That's so missable, really cool. Can't wait to see a showdown

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Hanging out with Akechi is like re-living the Pacino x DeNiro coffee shop scene from Heat

I would hate to associate Akechi with a scene as great as the coffee shop one, but this is also accurate.

7r5h4FG.jpg

That's awesome. Thanks for letting me know so I can remember to screencap that.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know the confidants that are available in the third semester / how much time you get to do them? Trying to optimize who I spend time with.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow im always super stressed as to which activity to do first each month... im still at the end of april and currently finishing the palace

Sep 4, 2019
Anyone know the confidants that are available in the third semester / how much time you get to do them? Trying to optimize who I spend time with.
I'll try to stay as vague as possible.
You get about three weeks. Everyone who doesn't have a cut-off point is available (so no Toranosuke, Akechi, or Maruki). You're not going to have much free time during the day due to new stuff that unlocks in the third semester, so I'd prioritize those. Evenings will be pretty much completely free.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Okay FESS UP, who in here is using free persona dlc to blast through the dungeons?

Because when I saw the community log that people sent calling card and defeat the first dungeon on day 1 and day 2 respectively after you're being allowed to fully challenge it, I found it rather hard to believe folks are doing it legit, lol.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do I access the DLC Personas? Or maybe more specifically how do I NOT access them accidentally? I want to play the game as intended and I hear they're overpowered.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
The fact that they made the ability to fuse personas higher level than you at Strength confidant level 5 breaks the game.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Okay FESS UP, who in here is using free persona dlc to blast through the dungeons?

Because when I saw the community log that people sent calling card and defeat the first dungeon on day 1 and day 2 respectively after you're being allowed to fully challenge it, I found it rather hard to believe folks are doing it legit, lol.

Hm? Abuse guns and get will seeds. Even in merciless it's really not that bad (even without dlc personas)

Also, is there a better money making scheme than getting ryuji's inata kill skill and literally just running over every single thing in mementos? Running into loads of cash. This is amazing.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What should i do in the game when it's Sunday? Im at the point of sending my first calling card. But seeing what other people did in the day, there is so much to do as side activities

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm considering buying it, seems general consensus is the price tag is worth it if you've already played through the game?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm considering buying it, seems general consensus is the price tag is worth it if you've already played through the game?

I think it is, but I'm also a huge fan. The Gameplay changes alone are very, very good. Couple that with some nice dungeon remixes, some nice QoL, more voice acting and a generally tighter localization and I'm in love all over again.

Haven't even gotten to the actual new content yet either. Again, it depends on your thoughts on the original tho.

Apr 19, 2018
Germany

I play on easy to one shot all the dungeons. Need to get back to my sweet social sim asap lol.

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
Romanced Futaba during my three playthroughs in vanilla. Been interested in Makoto recently, maybe I'll romance her now and postpone Futaba until NG.

60fps

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I bet it get its first sale in a month or two. Can't imagine this selling well. I'm on the fence myself. Really don't like the fact that they couldn't even be bothered to make this run in 60fps, as a game that was built for PS3 architecture.

Atlus is in a league of their own. I have no idea how they'll top this with Persona 6.
60fps would be a good start.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
What should i do in the game when it's Sunday? Im at the point of sending my first calling card. But seeing what other people did in the day, there is so much to do as side activities

whatever else you do, definitely check out the juice shop in the Shibuya station underground walkway every Sunday, they sell a juice for 5k yen that adds a couple points to one of your social stats. Doesn't take any time, either.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how much personality Joker has in some of his dialogue options. I find myself laughing even at familiar ones.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Haha, jeez, those two students in Maruki's introduction scene were thirsty.

Also maybe this was just me, but...

The voice reading the new confidant text sounded... off?

Anyway, a shame I didn't have a Counsilor persona in my deck. Missed out on some points there. I haven't seen any yet though, except Phoenix which is level 21, so I guess it can't be helped.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who slogged through the base game over a year+ off and on, I have to say that this is immediately grabbing me this time. All of the changes and improvements to game flow, story, and visuals are awesome. This and Animal Crossing are here at a time when a lot of us need long gaming escapes and distractions, so I'm going to bask in this one.

I bet it get its first sale in a month or two. Can't imagine this selling well. I'm on the fence myself. Really don't like the fact that they couldn't even be bothered to make this run in 60fps, as a game that was built for PS3 architecture.

60fps would be a good start.
Name checks out.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

I don't remember it being stated in game, but someone in the thread pointed out that you can hit X instead of using motion controls to throw the dart, which really helps (for me, at least)

There's also a dart book, but I haven't had the time to read it yet to see exactly what it does.

All of my few dart 'wins' so far have come from letting the other party member take over when the score is low, lol.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
All of my few dart 'wins' so far have come from letting the other party member take over when the score is low, lol.

Wait you can use X? That's a game changer! I'll try that.

Apparently you get more proficiency if you let your partner finish the game.

If you play darts with Akechi the starting score is 701! Holy fuck.[/ispoiler][/ispoiler]

itsaziz

Nov 8, 2017
Am I the only one that gets that Thieve's Guild bug from time to time when starting the game up?