• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How much is all the DLC if you buy a disc version? Wondering if the $10 I'm saving for getting it from Amazon will be cancelled out by buying the DLC separately instead of getting the $100 version on PSN

Edit: Looked it up. It's $60 for the DLC bundle so I'm paying $110 for both, guess I'm going digital.

Last edited:

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Looks like it's 4k 30 which is perfectly fine. 60 would have been dope with this game.
Hopefully it has HDR but at least its a bit more updated for the pro now.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
What are you guys going for naming wise this time round? Akira Kurusu or Ren Amamiya?

I didn't start the original until very late in the day due to fear of knowing what a time sink it was, so Joker will always be known as Ren Amamiya to me.

original: Akira (finished just before the anime came out and this was still his 'canon' name lol)
this time: Ren - I think this name suits Joker more tbh

Last name, maybe Himura based on this description:

緋 (hi) meaning "scarlet, dark red" and 村 (mura) meaning "town, village"

that's some Persona 5 ass imagery

Sep 14, 2018
Did they mess around with the difficulty settings at all?

Mess around how? I'm pretty sure it's the same as the original, though many things were rebalanced and several exploits removed.

How much is all the DLC if you buy a disc version? Wondering if the $10 I'm saving for getting it from Amazon will be cancelled out by buying the DLC separately instead of getting the $100 version on PSN

Edit: Looked it up. It's $60 for the DLC bundle so I'm paying $110 for both, guess I'm going digital.

If you're going for absolutely all DLC the $100 version saves you $55 so there's that... If you're curious the DLC for the original has some analogous bundles, the $60 bundle is a crapton of costumes and battle music, Kasumi bundle is 18 costumes for her, Battle bundle is some challenge scored boss fights, Persona bundle is 4 personas with alternate appearances.

Last edited:

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every night I go to sleep and pray I wake up to news that Atlus released it now given that an entire continent's already broken street date.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
So excited. My copy is set to be delivered in the UK on Tuesday but because of COVID idk if itll actually leave the UK for my country anytime in the next few months😭

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Just started the game. Kasumi is so obviously shoe horned in. The intro flowed much better without her.

ThingsRscary

Banned
Mar 10, 2019
I finished this game two years ago back in Jan 2018. what does this version have?
and why should I make it into my radar?

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Super excited to get into this again, think I had a solid ~170 hours in it before for the plat but I've been itching to play it again.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017

Somehow I missed the two biggest ones - Gun ammo resetting after every battle, and Morgana not telling you to go to sleep as frequently.

Between that, the new mementos modifiers, and the new 'group hangout' area (hopefully) making the team feel more like actual friends/colleagues, instead of just coworkers, I may have to pick this up....

Prob no one breaking street date where I'm at, though :(

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Looks like it's 4k 30 which is perfectly fine. 60 would have been dope with this game.
Hopefully it has HDR but at least its a bit more updated for the pro now.
Don't believe there's HDR, unless you've seen otherwise. Just 4K. Furiously googled this a few weeks ago and found zero indication of HDR being included.

Which is unfortunate because the splashy color and design is just begging for a good HDR grade.

Malawhur

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Persona 3 & 4 at the time but kept postponing to play this one because of the length of the game and that it drags too much as I read at the time. Now this one seems to have even more content - which is a rather turnoff for me. But my question is, does this tone down the grinding of the vanilla game? So, does the base content go faster now?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I loved Persona 3 & 4 at the time but kept postponing to play this one because of the length of the game and that it drags too much as I read at the time. Now this one seems to have even more content - which is a rather turnoff for me. But my question is, does this tone down the grinding of the vanilla game? So, does the base content go faster now?
I didn't notice any grinding in the original game so I have no idea how they could make it go faster. There's more content so it's even longer if anything.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
So why does Atlus do this thing where we cheap out on US collectors editions? I pre ordered one check an unboxing, we don't get the Akechi disc and another shitty 10 track OST man.. I was excited to see it back in stock too :-(

now I'd rather save 40 bucks & just get the collectors card that doesn't even come with it :P

Alanood

Oct 27, 2017
f6a31233e28330e974a3b4efbf5e266892763ef8.png

Finally!
excited-fangirl-gif-6.gif

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Hype! Genuinely excited to get stuck in again, no other game has been doing it for me for a while.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody pre-ordered in the UK and had their copy dispatched? If I can get it tomorrow or Saturday I'm tempted to put an order in.

CiNozzo

Oct 31, 2017

Wait, the free DLCs are only for the digital preorder ?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Caved in and pre ordered. I loved P5, and it sounds like some of the tweaks here will make it a better version (plus I can't say no to more content). Just curious though - anyone know if the Japanese voice track is on the disc or a download again?

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
Are some of the assets not in 4K for this? Particularly some of the text in the menus seems very muddy compared to how crisp the in game stuff is.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
so excited for this. i went for the £85 digital ultimate edition.

is there a preload?