• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
What costumes y'all gonna put on?

I loved the Raidou set but I'm a sucker for Catherine and I didn't have that set last time lol

I know I would pick up the Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth set and Starlight Dancing All Night outfits for sure!

captureu7jk4.png

capturehxkrf.png

I wonder if Futaba's DLC outfits will actually reflect while she's in the ship now? It would be nice, but I doubt it. :/

Last edited:

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Her rank maxed out at 5 for me by September. Maybe she expands into a full social link during the last chapters of the game.

For anyone who cares about the answer to this

She does, they didn't want you to waste your free time trying to level up with her because it takes a long time for the full link to unlock

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Trying to cancel my deluxe edition preorder on psn, but having no luck with their refund-bot. I want to refund in order to order the Ult. edition instead. This process should be easier.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I never bought any of P5's dlc so having it all included is a nice bonus, considering I got more than half of my money back when I sold my copy this doesn't feel like a bad investment at all.

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I put over 100hrs into P5. I'm really envious of the people that can justify that same time cost less than 3 years later.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Royal manage to make some/most (?) of loading times shorter compared to vanilla version.

Though, I'm curious with PS5 backward compatibility & SSD, could the game, both Royal or vanilla, manage to go super fast loading like Spider-Man's 0.8 seconds?

I hope that would be the case...

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I never bought any of P5's dlc so having it all included is a nice bonus, considering I got more than half of my money back when I sold my copy this doesn't feel like a bad investment at all.

Love being able to have these as the battle theme

I even bring out Lone Prayer for a few fights sometimes. The only problem is Mass Destruction sounds really low quality, like watching a 144p youtube video

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I got an email that my copy has dispatched. Hopefully it arrives on Saturday so I can sink a bunch of time into it over the weekend.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if I want to put the difficulty up above hard, I see can some things like the thoths one shotting your party.. but a lot of people have been talking about Royal being easier

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of difficulty, does Merciless half experience and money like in the regular game? And can you change difficulty anytime?

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
So what does R bring to the table? I couldn't beat 5 because I got extremely burned out after hours 95.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't work out if EU is supposed to get the dynamic theme for digital pre orders or not, the playstation.eu blog mentions it but the store page for the actual game doesn't... If we are getting it I'm guessing they're making us wait until the game unlocks?...

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Local GameStop has officially closed indefinitely for obvious reasons. Fully paid off Phantom Thieves edition is now trapped in limbo. Awesome.

Edit: Unbelievable, Amazon restocked it. Talk about luck. Now I'll just cancel and get a refund from GS whenever they open again.

Last edited:

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
Local GameStop has officially closed indefinitely for obvious reasons. Fully paid off Phantom Thieves edition is now trapped in limbo. Awesome.

Edit: Unbelievable, Amazon restocked it. Talk about luck. Now I'll just cancel and get a refund from GS whenever they open again.
I saw that this morning too and snagged one!

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's always the same for me with these games.

From announcement until one week before release: Oh right, this game is a thing. Yawn, I couldn't care less. Maybe I will, like, get it when it's on sale or something.
The week before the release: Why isn't it sent yet? Man, I wish stores over here would just release it early. No, no, it's alright. I've waited for so long, I can wait a little bit longer. *checks mail again for shipping notification*

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I'm in for another hundred hours! It may have to wait until after I play FF7R, though. Currently, I'm obsessed with Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter World (brand new player).

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Grinding doesn't make the game hard, it just makes me waste more time.

The EXP change seems all right. Not that it matters much. Levels don't make that much of a difference in this game.

The money one I'm a bit sad to see. Being able to afford everything kind of defeats the purpose to money to begin with.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Tough choice between Merciless and Normal.

Doesn't look like much point in picking Hard over Merciless really since you at least earn more stuff in Merciless.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
New Merciless looks like it's proper risk/reward now, so definitely an improvement.

Kind of wish the game would just let you adjust the modifiers yourself. If I remember correctly, Persona 4 Golden's NG+ mode had that option.

Sep 14, 2018
Doesn't look like much point in picking Hard over Merciless really since you at least earn more stuff in Merciless.

Well there is a point if you dont want crits and weaknesses to deal triple damage. And 20% extra exp isn't that significant.

Kind of wish the game would just let you adjust the modifiers yourself. If I remember correctly, Persona 4 Golden's NG+ mode had that option.

It does! Just went through it last month. Maybe it's also available in NG+ here? I haven't heard about that.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Don't believe there's HDR, unless you've seen otherwise. Just 4K. Furiously googled this a few weeks ago and found zero indication of HDR being included.

Which is unfortunate because the splashy color and design is just begging for a good HDR grade.
Nope, I'll be getting the digital version of anything. Unfortunately that isn't getting released early.

It's a shame then because it would look amazing with HDR. All the colors and style would look amazing. But at least it's 4k.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Tough choice between Merciless and Normal.

Merciless have other changes as well. I recall it was very easy to get wiped but a lucky enemy cast. Also it was a lot harder to perform all out attacks since hitting a weakness usually meant something was going to die.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else find the guns are now game breaking due to the ammo reloading? (At least early on). I'm in the first palace and I can basically beat every mob by spamming guns.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
If only I had known NYC mom n pop shops had this last Friday.... still wouldn't have gone out of Coronavirus safety. But still! Waiting on the digital release for now. Very excited - I platinum'd vanilla.

Are the trophies easier? Harder?

There's a guide on GFAQs (translation of a JP guide), but I always save my completionist run for NG+.