• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
IMO not interested since the post game content requires a whole new play through. If it read my game save from 2017 and let me resume there i would consider it. As is, I'll wait for Strikers

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that would be great for me since last of us moved. Would be earlier than expected as well

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
That's a mistake Atlus, learn from The Last of Us 2's mistake. Don't place yourself that close to FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!

Oct 26, 2017
Would've been cool of them to release it on valentines day like when the original game was supposed to before it got delayed

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I was already strongly thinking it wasn't gonna be a day 1 for me, and that close to FFVII would definitely make that a 100% wait for sale. I hope we get a Scramble date around the JP release date.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Assuming this is the western release date as well, that's not enough days before March 3rd :(

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
tbh February is smartest month, March is too rammed with FF7, Animal Crossing and Doom and April Cyberpunk will dominate the conversation that whole month. May will have TLOU2 and Avengers.

after that your in E3 month and not many games ever release around E3. So Feb is perfect. June E3 will be dominated by Scarlett and PS5 and their release games.

Smart choice and the month I hoped it would be and 11 days will be enough to beat The Royal before FF7 arrives.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I am currently without a game to purchase in February... Although, it is a bbit too close to Final Fantasy VII for my liking. Not that is matters, I would have bought both anyway but I am not sure a lot JRPG fans would.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I mean everyone freaked about the original P5 release date being too close to FFXV's and it turns out FFXV had a last minute delay...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
IMO not interested since the post game content requires a whole new play through. If it read my game save from 2017 and let me resume there i would consider it. As is, I'll wait for Strikers

Not even just needs a new playthrough, it doesn't even let you NG+ from the original either.

I'd be potentially interested if I could bring my clear over and speed through the stuff I'd already played, but I have 0 interest in replaying it for "the first time" again. Especially since the new stuff is apparently largely right at the very end.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I would have hoped at least that it would read our completed save from P5 and let us play like if it was a new game +, really don't want to have to xp all those social stats again.
Needing 4 in charm for starting to hang out with Makoto is bullshit !!

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I mean everyone freaked about the original P5 release date being too close to FFXV's and it turns out FFXV had a last minute delay...

I can tell you why that happened, they had a media event in London and in other Square studios and the reception was ooooo, this is buggy and they did this a little bit before the release and they had to go back to the Director and go it need's more time.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well my interest had died down mostly after the recent news and impressions on the game, but being that close to FF7 makes it even easier for me to ignore this.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
All this (pointless) buildup for the western release date just to be leaked lol

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Whats the difference to the original P5? I have it but didnt even boot the game yet (1 year in the backlog...)

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Unless I can get this as dlc to the main game I'm not interested at all. Not buying another copy at full(or even close to) price with so many great new games coming out. With FF7R a few weeks later? Lol nah

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn I am excited.
Wish it was releasing in winter so I can cozy under the blanket and lay their like a dead man twiddling my thumbs playing Persona.

That's how I completed 5

OP
OP
DNAbro

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

straylize

Oct 25, 2017

On top of that, there's also:

• two new bonus bosses
  • new places to visit & take confidants
  • a challenge battle area in the Velvet Room
  • a customizable palace area that includes a metric ton of new character interactions based on what you set up i nthere, as well a gallery/place to listen to music/view movies; there's also an in-game achievement system added and displayed there
  • changes to hangouts (like movie invites being at night rather than the day)
  • changes to some Personas --including their arcana, affinities and skills
  • new types of battles, new types of Big Attacks in the form of Showtime skills.
There are a fair amount of changes and improvements to the game overall.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty criminal that this doesn't import your New Game+ items/equipment and full Persona compendium from the base game if you've got a clear save.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can play another 80 hours just for a little bit of extra content.
Its just too long.
Eh thinking again maybe I could do it. I don't really want to buy another full price copy of P5 though.
More than erks a bit.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Absolutely doesn't care about the most overhyped rpg there is (FF 7 that is), I'll take p5r over it any day even if the original version itself sucked

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would have hoped at least that it would read our completed save from P5 and let us play like if it was a new game +, really don't want to have to xp all those social stats again.
Needing 4 in charm for starting to hang out with Makoto is bullshit !!
It's much easier to raise stats in Royal for what it's worth.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be the outer and say I'm still more hyped for this then Scramble so the sooner the better fr me.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least it's not March, but even then there's not a lot of time separating it before the big March releases.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I'll be the outer and say I'm still more hyped for this then Scramble so the sooner the better fr me.

You're not the outer. Don't use this place to dictate. Scramble will not be better than this. The entire fanbase and in general, general audience online is more excited for Royal. It's genuinely better in every way than P5 and it's going to absolutely score higher than it. The new auditions here make this even better than Golden. It's the best Persona remake yet.